• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New RightStufAnime.com

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:00 pm Reply with quote
This is weird, I double checked my billing statement to my rightstuf holiday orders, there's a $24.49 that doesn't add in anywhere. The only thing I've ordered that has not yet ship is One Punch Man manga, but that should only be $20. Everything else is accounted for, I don't have any orders with outstanding items on them waiting to come in either. Anyone else getting a random weird charge from them?
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:17 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
This is weird, I double checked my billing statement to my rightstuf holiday orders, there's a $24.49 that doesn't add in anywhere. The only thing I've ordered that has not yet ship is One Punch Man manga, but that should only be $20. Everything else is accounted for, I don't have any orders with outstanding items on them waiting to come in either. Anyone else getting a random weird charge from them?

Hit customer care and they can look up the charge for you and tie it to a shipment.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Does Rightstuf now charge for debit card transactions? I notice a $1.00 fee attached to each purchase I made from Rightstuf's holiday sale through my debit card as of late.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:16 pm Reply with quote
@Ggultra2764
If I understand correctly that is how they authenticate the card. The $1 charge should be removed soon.
That is how it worked for me.

They charge the real amount when they make the shipment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
Does Rightstuf now charge for debit card transactions? I notice a $1.00 fee attached to each purchase I made from Rightstuf's holiday sale through my debit card as of late.

This is a card validation authorization and will never be billed. It will just fall off.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:

This is a card validation authorization and will never be billed. It will just fall off.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:18 pm Reply with quote
It's been said, but I, too, would love to have the item remaining counter back for the following reasons:
1) To know "When do I pounce? Can I wait until payday, or should I eat instant ramen for the next three days?"
2) It's interesting. I've seen those counters drop and be amazed at times.
3) Somehow, having a counter totally encourages me to purchase things. I have no idea why, but it does, dammit! Maybe knowing I got one of the last remaining copies on some random blind buy show? I dunno.
4) If something does sell out, I know to start looking elsewhere immediately, or hope more come in or someone cancels an order. It's easier for me to figure out what's going on with the item instead of just having it say "more coming soon" forever when it might not be true.

But, if an item has tons of copies (over 100, let's say), then it's not really useful. Oh boy, they have 300 copies of manga-no-one-wants A, but omfg, they only have 5 copies left of anime-I-really-want B! ORDER NOW!!! The second of those would be very useful information imo. So I can understand not putting it on out of print items that you have a ton of, but on ones that you have more limited quantities of, I'd really want to know.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Something I would like to suggest:

Your default listing is alphabetic which is fine for anime and manga. Those are almost always listed by the series title. However this doesn't work for collectibles, specifically figures.

The first figure listed is 10th anniversary Saber from one of the Fate series. Other figures from the various Fate series are scattered on multiple pages based on the name of the character. I would like to suggest that when listing such items that the series title be listed first, then the character name and if appropriate the specific variation. The above character would be listed Fate/Stay Night, Saber, 10th Anniversary wedding dress.

This would have the effect of putting all of the figures from a specific series on the same page or pages. This would make it easier to shop and might sell a few more figures that people didn't know about.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:37 pm Reply with quote
when writing reviews, it says you have exceeded the character limit of 1000.
but it doesnt say by how much you exceeded it by.
that would be helpful in condensing reviews if it displayed by how much over.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:06 pm Reply with quote
So, I've placed two orders using Paypal, and they both say "partially fulfilled", but have no tracking #. I could see if maybe it got delayed for a pre-order, but these items were all in stock (because I ordered them with the clearance sale codes, so they were purposely ordered all in-stock only). I expect that the first package should've arrived by now, but now I'm curious if it's even been sent and I'm starting to get worried now. And my Paypal definitely had enough money to cover the orders (it was more convenient at the time for me to use my paypal than my bank account), and it's gone through ok on paypal's end too (at least, according to paypal)
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:27 am Reply with quote
So I preordered Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer volume 5 from Rightstuf in October and now it seems to be mostly out of print... or maybe just out of stock yet those second market prices I see do not look promising.

Was there a problem with the edition, did they give up on it, was there only a limited number of it or is it just the way the company works? Plus I saw it was restocked at some point in December yet I still didn't get a copy of it. Is there a line, a waiting list for it?

When I first got volume one, I though "Oh wow, I'm going to have to wait a full year to get the whole thing." That was 2014.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:53 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
So, I've placed two orders using Paypal, and they both say "partially fulfilled", but have no tracking #. I could see if maybe it got delayed for a pre-order, but these items were all in stock (because I ordered them with the clearance sale codes, so they were purposely ordered all in-stock only). I expect that the first package should've arrived by now, but now I'm curious if it's even been sent and I'm starting to get worried now. And my Paypal definitely had enough money to cover the orders (it was more convenient at the time for me to use my paypal than my bank account), and it's gone through ok on paypal's end too (at least, according to paypal)

Please open a case with customer care so they can have a check into this for you. If you run into issues, feel free to send me a message.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
So I preordered Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer volume 5 from Rightstuf in October and now it seems to be mostly out of print... or maybe just out of stock yet those second market prices I see do not look promising.

Was there a problem with the edition, did they give up on it, was there only a limited number of it or is it just the way the company works? Plus I saw it was restocked at some point in December yet I still didn't get a copy of it. Is there a line, a waiting list for it?

When I first got volume one, I though "Oh wow, I'm going to have to wait a full year to get the whole thing." That was 2014.

It looks to me that this has been put out in an omnibus edition. It shows currently in stock. http://www.rightstuf.com/i/9781626921306
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:04 am Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
Animegomaniac wrote:

It looks to me that this has been put out in an omnibus edition. It shows currently in stock. http://www.rightstuf.com/i/9781626921306

Thanks for the reply. I thought about leaving a question about it on the website but it was the holiday sales season and I thought you guys had enough of a mess on your hands.

Right, I'm so used to thinking in terms of volumes I bought, I forgot to go by their numbers. It's 9-10, omnibus 5, the all important last book in the series. Came out November 24 and has been scarce ever since.

Since my order is still active, I'm not willing to buy anywhere else right now... not that there's a lot of options. Used copies are getting kind of expensive and it's just a few months old.

Odd that I've had problems buying most of these volumes but nothing this bad.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:18 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
shawnek wrote:
Animegomaniac wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I thought about leaving a question about it on the website but it was the holiday sales season and I thought you guys had enough of a mess on your hands.

Right, I'm so used to thinking in terms of volumes I bought, I forgot to go by their numbers. It's 9-10, omnibus 5, the all important last book in the series. Came out November 24 and has been scarce ever since.

Since my order is still active, I'm not willing to buy anywhere else right now... not that there's a lot of options. Used copies are getting kind of expensive and it's just a few months old.

Odd that I've had problems buying most of these volumes but nothing this bad.

Good news for you! We did get a restock of this item today and are checking them in!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 17