• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New RightStufAnime.com

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:35 pm Reply with quote
lem wrote:
^have also been receiving "we're working on it" notifications for items already shipped/already received.

shawnek wrote:

New items page is back (Preview)
http://www.rightstufanime.com/new-items

...Continuing to work on more, will post as we roll out.

Will you also be returning the "you purchased this on this date.." feature??

Also: will the option to pay to have items shipped as they become available be a part of this upgrade?

Sorry for the junk email. This was embarrassing, but has no effect on any of your orders.

We are working on the previously purchased. That is a lot more complicated than you might think, at least to do it in a way that doesn't slow the whole site down.

The ship as available may be an option. It's on a wish list, but it's down the line in terms of priority. Want to get the ones people have asked about the most done first.
loka

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Just visited the site to check on my saved list for the viz sale. No saved list for my acct.

No purchase history per item, which I assume is probably linked to also not populating _any_ 'Transaction History'.

The whitespace is blinding. The old deep gray was far better. The spacing is also far too much. Overall, it went from a professional-looking site to Anime Castle circa 2002.
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:27 am Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
If you have an example, I am happy to review with you. We made every effort to catch all possible links and redirect.

This was a working link to "Goblin Cat," the third instalment of Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales:

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/browse/item/73880/4/0/0

It returns a 404. The corresponding new link is:

http://www.rightstufanime.com/Ayakashi-Samurai-Horror-Tales-DVD-3-Hyb-Goblin-Cat

However that also doesn't work now either. Perhaps you no longer have the item in stock, but that link was working soon after the new site came online, while the old one failed to redirect to it.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:54 am Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
shawnek wrote:
If you have an example, I am happy to review with you. We made every effort to catch all possible links and redirect.

This was a working link to "Goblin Cat," the third instalment of Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales:

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/browse/item/73880/4/0/0

It returns a 404. The corresponding new link is:

http://www.rightstufanime.com/Ayakashi-Samurai-Horror-Tales-DVD-3-Hyb-Goblin-Cat

However that also doesn't work now either. Perhaps you no longer have the item in stock, but that link was working soon after the new site came online, while the old one failed to redirect to it.

This item did sell out, so that's why the bottom one didn't work.

The above is a session link, which is why it wouldn't have worked on the redirect. I'll have a look but we do have tens of thousands of redirects in for most cases.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:18 pm Reply with quote
loka wrote:
Just visited the site to check on my saved list for the viz sale. No saved list for my acct.

No purchase history per item, which I assume is probably linked to also not populating _any_ 'Transaction History'.

Had you purchased from us since 1/1/2015? If not, both of these would be related to that. If you create a new account, we can manually move your saved for later list from the old account.

We will be adding pre 2015 history after we get some other items handled. If you have an account set up at that time, the history will come over automatically to it when imported.

Quote:
The whitespace is blinding. The old deep gray was far better. The spacing is also far too much. Overall, it went from a professional-looking site to Anime Castle circa 2002.

Hmm. Color scheme is pretty similar. Will have to check that. I am curious why you feel it looks unprofessional, if you want to share your thoughts and feedback by e-mail.
woozle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:52 am Reply with quote
When i try to go to the Weekly Specials, I keep getting an "Internal Error" or the page just never loads. I also just got an "Internal Error" when I was on the main page.

Edit: ok, not sure if it's just the browser I'm using (chrome), but i'm getting "Internal Error" on every page i try to go to. tried to look up fate stay night and got it
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:28 am Reply with quote
woozle wrote:
When i try to go to the Weekly Specials, I keep getting an "Internal Error" or the page just never loads. I also just got an "Internal Error" when I was on the main page.

Edit: ok, not sure if it's just the browser I'm using (chrome), but i'm getting "Internal Error" on every page i try to go to. tried to look up fate stay night and got it

We had a system glitch for a bit yesterday but it was resolved. Please let me know if you continue to have issues.
woozle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:05 am Reply with quote
no, so far so good. haven't gotten an error message yet Very Happy
Veers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:57 pm Reply with quote
I was very disappointed to see my order history didn't make it over to the new site. A comment earlier in this thread made it sound like that was planned but hasn't happened yet. Is that true?

I noticed some weirdness with search a couple weeks ago (specifically, some results would appear in the popup list under the search bar but if I tried to hit GO/enter to go to the regular search results page, nothing would happen) but that seems to be resolved and working normally now, yay.

Is there a way to make no-thumbnail list mode the default view in search results? I like the ability to change modes on the fly, but would really like if I could set list to default.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:51 am Reply with quote
Veers wrote:
I was very disappointed to see my order history didn't make it over to the new site. A comment earlier in this thread made it sound like that was planned but hasn't happened yet. Is that true?

I noticed some weirdness with search a couple weeks ago (specifically, some results would appear in the popup list under the search bar but if I tried to hit GO/enter to go to the regular search results page, nothing would happen) but that seems to be resolved and working normally now, yay.

Is there a way to make no-thumbnail list mode the default view in search results? I like the ability to change modes on the fly, but would really like if I could set list to default.

Did you purchase from us since 1/1/15? If not, no order history has been imported for you yet. If you have ordered since 1/1, please contact customer care and we need to find it.

We are prepping some more order history to import now. Please note, that if the item is no longer available, it won't appear in the order history. We do have the ability to dump your entire order history to a spreadsheet and email it to you. Contact customer service if you would like this.

In terms of the default mode, I'll have to check this one.
Veers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:27 am Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
Did you purchase from us since 1/1/15? If not, no order history has been imported for you yet. If you have ordered since 1/1, please contact customer care and we need to find it.

We are prepping some more order history to import now. Please note, that if the item is no longer available, it won't appear in the order history. We do have the ability to dump your entire order history to a spreadsheet and email it to you. Contact customer service if you would like this.

In terms of the default mode, I'll have to check this one.

I think my only order this year so far was actually a preorder placed last year around the time I renewed my membership, so that is probably the reason. I'm such a bad customer! Thanks for the details. I will email CS for that export.

About the search thing, thanks for looking into it. I tend to visit the site to search for things (or via newsletter/sale links) that I know I'm looking for rather than browsing, so I often bypass the image-heavy homepage. This is partly because I most often visit the site on remote connections to my PC, so the fewer graphics, the better, but I realize I'm probably an anomaly among your customers in this regard, haha.

I think even something as "simple" as a cookie setting that remembers the last mode the display was set to would be fine, because right now if you close and re-visit the search page then it goes back to full image thumbnail by default. Doesn't have to be something as involved as a profile setting or something. (I do some work on web applications so I know things tend to never be "simple" Smile)
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:39 am Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:

I used order history a fair amount in the past its disappointing that if its not in stock it wont show up anymore. Question: Does this apply only to past orders on the old website or will this also be the case going forward on the new site as well? That is anything going out of stock in the future will also no longer show up in order history?
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:34 am Reply with quote
Something strange I just noticed. It's definitely on the new Akatsuki figure page, but I'm sure it's elsewhere as well.

Quote:
Excluded From Free Shipping
Add to Cart
Add To A Wish List
Free US Economy Shipping at $49
Free Canadian Shipping at $249

If it's excluded from Free Shipping, why is the Free Shipping info on the page as well?

(On a related note, it says it's not eligible for promotional discounts. Got Anime still works though, right?)
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:01 am Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
shawnek wrote:

I used order history a fair amount in the past its disappointing that if its not in stock it wont show up anymore. Question: Does this apply only to past orders on the old website or will this also be the case going forward on the new site as well? That is anything going out of stock in the future will also no longer show up in order history?

At the moment (and this may change) items when they sell out don't appear after that.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Is the counter for items gone too? I just realized that I can't seem to find it. Since it has prompted me to order things in the past due to low numbers, I wouldn't mind having that back.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 17