• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animatsu to Release Future Diary on Blu-ray and DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr-young

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:45 am Reply with quote
£70 for a 2 part barebones blu-ray, bootleg quality (via kaze) release. No thank you I will buy the Funimation release
Zemnort

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:09 am Reply with quote
[quote="mr-young"]£70 for a 2 part barebones blu-ray, bootleg quality (via kaze) release. No thank you I will buy the Funimation release[/quote]

YES! Someone else who can see that Manga UK do extremely terrible terrible releases! I like you my friend. And yeah, it costs around £20 for the complete series on BD from FUNimation so it's a complete rip-off in many ways here.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:30 am Reply with quote
Zemnort wrote:
YES! Someone else who can see that Manga UK do extremely terrible terrible releases! I like you my friend. And yeah.

There have been problems with them for years now, botched release of Xam'd, bare bones GITS BD, long delay for Hellsing IX and X, multiple bare bones parts for shows, Magi and SAO, and adding Art Cards and calling it a collector's edition.

Apart from Badlands Rumble, I can't think of any good releases from them.
Zemnort

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:00 pm Reply with quote
[quote="MarshalBanana"][quote="Zemnort"]YES! Someone else who can see that Manga UK do extremely terrible terrible releases! I like you my friend. And yeah.[/quote]

There have been problems with them for years now, botched release of Xam'd, bare bones GITS BD, long delay for Hellsing IX and X, multiple bare bones parts for shows, Magi and SAO, and adding Art Cards and calling it a collector's edition.

Apart from Badlands Rumble, I can't think of any good releases from them.[/quote]

Magi isn't too bad considering it's on BD and the US only got DVD, byt Negima!? & Ouran, Bakuman are some of their worst releases for sure, they only seem to credit the US companies when it's a lesser known series, but for stuff like FMA:B They hog all of the credit for it, also most people have had the common sense to leave and join Anime Limited, which is a fantastic company, MVM & AL are by far the best UK companies as they do their best to duplicate the US releases or do one better. Manga UK is a complete let down!
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Magi and Bakuman are licensed by Kaze, distributed by Manga
Negima and Ouran are sub-licensed by Manga from FUNimation.
FMA:B is licensed by Manga from Aniplex Japan.

Two people have left Manga and created Animatsu, who work so closely with Manga they might as well still be the same company. One person (who was PR and IIRC employed by Fetch rather than Manga) has gone to Anime Limited.

Oh and PS: have you disabled BBCode in your profile Zemnort? You either need to enable it while posting if you intend to use quote tags, or just not quote the post directly above yours at all..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Zemnort

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, I made the changes you requested. Smile

I was being a bit brief, I could go into detail but I don't want to fill up the chat with my ramblings.
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:05 am Reply with quote
If Kaze had included the Redial OVA in the mix, I might have begrudgingly got their release. However as things stand it makes much more sense to get Funimation's undoubtedly superior quality 'complete collection'.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:00 am Reply with quote
It's not impossible for Kaze to get Redial for Europe, however.. it would have no subtitles so Kaze would have to do their own. Remember Bakuman?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1