• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Adds Legend of Galactic Heroes Novels, One-Punch Man Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blankslate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Poop. There goes my hopes of watching the simulcast.
Divineking

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Err...they said the Death Note BD's would be coming around Winter

Must say I was pretty surprised/pleased with their announcements. Looking forward to the One-Punch Man anime and glad we finally have the LoGH novels here

EDIT: Also Viz announced the K: Missing Kings movie and the second season

Last edited by Divineking on Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:13 pm Reply with quote
The LOGH...novels? Here? Be still my heart!
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:16 pm Reply with quote
I am all over those LoGH novels. Spring 2016 isn't nearly soon enough, damn it.

Great to get more of the DB color manga, too. Wish they would release the earlier arcs, too, though, the pre-Z material.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
The LOGH...novels? Here? Be still my heart!

Hyyyype hypehypehypehypehype...
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Haikasoru has the first three volumes scheduled, starting with volume one in spring 2016, and will release more depending on the success of the first three.

Always a catch. Understandable but still incredibly disappointing. Makes me more reluctant to buy the first 3 if I know it may not be complete. That's why I like Yen Press, they never drop series whereas Viz do, still hurting from Strawberry 100%, Gintama and Reborn. The first of those 3 was so, so near all volumes released as well!

If they can license and attempt to release those novels though whats the deal with no Medaka Box manga? Never gonna happen is it?
CeaseActivity

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:

Why can't you watch it on Daisuki? Isn't that website international
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Definitely interested in picking up the LoGH novels, if only to see how different they are from the show.
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Legend of the Galactic Heroes? Licensed over here? Okay, it's the original novels that inspired the OVAs rather than the anime itself, but still... I always figured any sort of release for that franchise would be a long shot.

Quote:
Haikasoru has the first three volumes scheduled, starting with volume one in spring 2016, and will release more depending on the success of the first three.

Fans better be buying if they want more. Considering how highly regarded the franchise is, the licensors may have high expectations to be reached in order to allow more to be released.

I'll throw my hat in and pre-order the first few volumes. I've enjoyed what little I've seen of the anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Haven't watched any of LOGH,but I'll pick up the first since am fan of space operas. Shame,Punch Man has to be on Daisuki.
Blankslate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:28 pm Reply with quote
CeaseActivity wrote:
Blankslate wrote:

Why can't you watch it on Daisuki? Isn't that website international

I mean I CAN watch it. It just won't be up to date.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Uh-oh.

This is going to be another Yukikaze situation, isn't it? They'll only release those three and then drop it despite telling fans they're thinking about release the other ones.

Viz getting the One Punch Man anime sucks too. Glad Daisuki's an option. At least they have their own dedicated player and don't lead people on.

Last edited by Lynx Amali on Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Disappointing that Dragon Ball full colour was their only manga announcement but at least my wallet is safe I guess. Maybe we'll get something at SDCC?
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:50 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
Wow, Legend of the Galactic Heroes? Licensed over here? Okay, it's the original novels that inspired the OVAs rather than the anime itself, but still... I always figured any sort of release for that franchise would be a long shot.

Fans better be buying if they want more. Considering how highly regarded the franchise is, the licensors may have high expectations to be reached in order to allow more to be released.

I'll throw my hat in and pre-order the first few volumes. I've enjoyed what little I've seen of the anime.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm honestly shocked (and estatic) that we're finally getting something from LoGH licensed over here. It's not the anime, but the original novels is still pretty good. In any case, I'm also throwing in a pre-order to show my support.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Been a while since Viz got a new anime license.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3