• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toei Screens 1st 3 World Trigger Episodes with English Dub

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mizerous

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Who will Toei use Viz actors?
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Mizerous wrote:
Who will Toei use Viz actors?

Well most Toei shows are done through Funi so...?

Funi has done Dragon Ball + movies, One Piece + Movies, Toriko (Only the first 50 some odd eps)
MetalHunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:00 pm Reply with quote
God this news hurts so bad. I was hoping hard that a studio like Funimation, Viz or even Sentai would pick it up. So hearing that it's not going to be released any further is just the worst. This series deserves better.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:02 pm Reply with quote
G fking G. The show really doesn't need this. US needs to stop licencing literally every show cause this will not catch on. Glad the manga is licensed so leave it at that.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:18 pm Reply with quote
I could have sworn that Sentai had licensed this already, shows ow much I know. I'd be interested to see how this urns out if not just because even the Japanese dialogue in the ep I saw felt so stop-and-go that I imagine it would be hard to make natural sounding English dialogue out of it. Interesting that they are pushing this show, of all things.

Jajanken wrote:
G fking G. The show really doesn't need this. US needs to stop licencing literally every show cause this will not catch on. Glad the manga is licensed so leave it at that.

The article literally says that nobody has licensed it yet in the subtitle.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:56 am Reply with quote
[/quote]
The article literally says that nobody has licensed it yet in the subtitle.[/quote] Oh I know but they are trying. That statement was meant as: US brings too much trash over and lets be real WT is a great manga, no one wants to buy the dvds tho
MetalHunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:01 am Reply with quote
It's that people were scared away by the first couple episodes, combined with Toeis mangling of its material making it unbearable for most viewers, except those that stayed to see its greatness. Seriously I have yet to hear anyone complain about the writing or characters. They just complain about the recaps, animation and the weird recap they do at the end.

I kinda wish ANN would restart their reviews of the series.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:47 am Reply with quote
MetalHunter wrote:
It's that people were scared away by the first couple episodes, combined with Toeis mangling of its material making it unbearable for most viewers, except those that stayed to see its greatness. Seriously I have yet to hear anyone complain about the writing or characters. They just complain about the recaps, animation and the weird recap they do at the end.

I kinda wish ANN would restart their reviews of the series.

World Trigger is a good action series.

you are correct about the recap part..

what's the typical time for NEW contents in a One Piece episode lately? but since the anime is catching up to the manga and its anime series is 700+ episodes .. so i guess getting fillers and being dragged out is understandable..

but World Trigger.. this series will be 50 episode long right? currently there are 33? 34? episodes out at the moment and it's already getting the similar treatment which is kind of annoying.. but it's not a bad series

This series has a lot of characters with different abilities but unlike Kekkai Sensen and Gunsglinger Stratos.. they actually know how to put them together and make a good action series

The manga is still on going.. so i'm guessing the anime will end with a cliff hanger if it's only 50 episodes long

usually i'll just watch the OP/ED once or twice after that i'll just skip it.

don't really bother with "previous on" or "next on" either in this series but if you skip all of these.. i guess you got 16-18 minutes of new contents?
bigivel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:29 am Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:

World Trigger is a good action series.

you are correct about the recap part..

what's the typical time for NEW contents in a One Piece episode lately? but since the anime is catching up to the manga and its anime series is 700+ episodes .. so i guess getting fillers and being dragged out is understandable..

but World Trigger.. this series will be 50 episode long right? currently there are 33? 34? episodes out at the moment and it's already getting the similar treatment which is kind of annoying.. but it's not a bad series

This series has a lot of characters with different abilities but unlike Kekkai Sensen and Gunsglinger Stratos.. they actually know how to put them together and make a good action series

The manga is still on going.. so i'm guessing the anime will end with a cliff hanger if it's only 50 episodes long

usually i'll just watch the OP/ED once or twice after that i'll just skip it.

don't really bother with "previous on" or "next on" either in this series but if you skip all of these.. i guess you got 16-18 minutes of new contents?

One Piece average time before new content is 5:20 minutes. Each episode has 23:55 minutes so you get 18:35 minutes of new content(The preview of next episode is 30 seconds, but it is new content).

World Trigger average time before new content is 2:30 minutes during the invasion arc and 1:30 minutes in the rest. The OP music takes 1:35 minutes. And episode takes normally 23 minutes. So you get 18:55 minutes during the invasion arc or elsewhere 19:55 minutes of new content(The puppet show takes 1:20 minutes and the preview 30 seconds, but both are new content as well).

World Trigger is right now at episode 36.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:02 am Reply with quote
I watched the first episode and it made me want to read the manga so I bought the manga and really enjoyed it but felt no desire to go back and watch more of the show. Maybe a shorter, better paced and better funded anime would have made me want to watch but in it's current state it made me want to stick to the manga.
ARC-1300

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:46 am Reply with quote
[quote=

[/quote]
(unpopular opinion) but he one piece has been doing fantastic these days,the people that are complaining are usually the vocal minority anyway.there has only ever been one time that the anime severely dropped the ball (arguably the arc that needed the most attention),and since then its been on the straight path,it still has its flaws no doubt,but certainly not the calamity everyone claiming it is.

As for WT,well,t doesn't help that the source material at this point in the story was incredibly bland and uninteresting at this point,in which it really needed to hook in viewers,toei took that,and multiplied that by 100. this series really would've benefited from faster pacing.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:17 pm Reply with quote
bigivel wrote:

One Piece average time before new content is 5:20 minutes. Each episode has 23:55 minutes so you get 18:35 minutes of new content(The preview of next episode is 30 seconds, but it is new content).

World Trigger average time before new content is 2:30 minutes during the invasion arc and 1:30 minutes in the rest. The OP music takes 1:35 minutes. And episode takes normally 23 minutes. So you get 18:55 minutes during the invasion arc or elsewhere 19:55 minutes of new content(The puppet show takes 1:20 minutes and the preview 30 seconds, but both are new content as well).

World Trigger is right now at episode 36.

for the recent One Piece episodes

out of that 18 minute or so of new contents-- how much of it is filler?

i'm a one piece fan.. but now a day i just read the manga instead

it's like 1/2 chapter = 1 episode now a day

they added in fillers to make the episode long.. in the manga the fight was quick and simple.. in the anime it took much longer..

this is the reason why i don't follow the anime anymore..

My Canadian friend is also a one piece fan--but he will only watch dubbed.. i feel sorry for him when he has to pay for these fillers especially when he got to these current episodes

didn't dragon ball z got a lot of fillers back in the day as well? freeza arc or something? 4 hours of fillers??

i hate fillers :/

on average chopping off OP and ED maybe i'll get 19-20 minutes out of a typical anime episode.. but if they added more stuffs in.. the portion of new contents will be less and less

this is why i can watch 2-3 episodes of anime during lunch now a day.. given they seem to be shorter and shorter if you chop of the stuffs you already saw..
deathfromabove1993

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:29 pm Reply with quote
So apparently the dub is an Ocean dub and was produced by Blue Water Studios in Calgary.

https://twitter.com/Mendinso/status/617816913859735552
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:12 am Reply with quote
Oh, is THAT what that empty World Trigger room was for? I was confused what Toei was up to. I thought it was something unfinished or planned for later.

This was not mentioned in the program guide, that's for sure. If it was put in a screening room, I would've known about it, so would plenty of others, and there'd be both more people watching and the audience would get to sit down.

AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
it's like 1/2 chapter = 1 episode now a day

One Piece most commonly goes 1 chapter per episode. Occasionally, they will hurry it up, most notably with Luffy's flashback, though I don't know how they created distance.

deathfromabove1993 wrote:
So apparently the dub is an Ocean dub and was produced by Blue Water Studios in Calgary.

https://twitter.com/Mendinso/status/617816913859735552

Is Blue Water a subsidiary of Ocean? In any case, I remember the Hunter x Hunter dub being...not so good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1