• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Right Stuf/Sunrise to Release Original Gundam TV Anime on Blu-ray Disc

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:05 pm Reply with quote
While I'm mostly just interested in Gundam Wing, I might pick this up at some point.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Back to where it all began. Now I wonder if I'll watch. I did watch Z and felt I had to start from the beginning. But it's good that new fans will get the chance to see and own this.
MrBonk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:48 am Reply with quote
MSG doesn't look good on Blu-Ray?

GTFO

This makes me disappointed Turn-A wasn't released on BD.

But that's probably because Turn-A wasn't long ago released on BD in Japan and Sunrise is a bunch of not-so-nice-people who worry about reverse importation. And for good reason they charge absurd prices for their BDs.

The only way this could turn out bad is if they give us an inferior master or forcibly make them make the video look worse than the JPN BDs
OrsonHyuri

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:53 am Reply with quote
Thanks Right Stuf/Sunrise for your most recent collaboration.

At some point in our lifetime, I wonder if there will be a possibility of a Netflix of Gundam created.

Here's my dream: A one stop place to stream the multiverse content of Gundam created through the decades accessible on any mobile, tablet, PC or console devices with a smart and fast accessible GUI (guided user interface).

I like these licenses getting picked up to come state side every few years or so from different companies, but my passion as a Gundam and long-time anime fan would be to have the Netflix of anime created so I could boot up the app and stream an episode in HD on a whim.

Languages and/or subtitles could be switched on the fly.

Movie/show trailers for stand alone (or trilogy) movies and series.

User ratings/reviews by popularity.

Trivia.

Content could be integrated with IMDb or AnimeNewsNetwork showing information on where shows fit in the Gundam timeline depending on which century the show takes place.

Creators involved, thinking process or influences of the evolution of that particular Gundam show and vocal cast listed in multiple languages from the menu.

The consumer could save on shelf space, by having this high level of access to all the shows as well.

Anyway, that's just my dream Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
GhostOfSide3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:16 pm Reply with quote
I am so ready for this.
I'm overjoyed we're actually getting blu-ray releases. I wasn't expecting it because Right Stuf/Nozomi never puts stuff on BD, but it's awesome it's happening.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Gundam X? Gundam X!? Gundam X!! Yes, finally! What I've wanted for so long! I just bought the first collection of Turn A Gundam recently and I'm currently powering through it. Now I get this fantastic news. I plan to get Zeta, ZZ and Victory as well; I had a serious Gundam-shaped gap developing over the years and I need to fill it now. There isn't a Kirby dance big enough to portray my happiness right now. Thank you RightStuf! :D
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:43 pm Reply with quote
They also confirmed @ AX that episode 15 will NOT be included in this release..

So 42 episodes not 43.

If I didn't already have the JP blue ray release.. I'd go for it even with the missing episode.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:56 pm Reply with quote
That's quite a shocker! What's stopping Sunrise from including the 15th episode? Confused Animation problems? Legality and/or contractual issues?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
That's quite a shocker! What's stopping Sunrise from including the 15th episode? Confused Animation problems? Legality and/or contractual issues?

Tomino hates that episode because of its low quality.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Probably something like "We don't want to embarrass ourselves with the poor quality of this episode. But here's all of SEED Destiny!"
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:48 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Probably something like "We don't want to embarrass ourselves with the poor quality of this episode. But here's all of SEED Destiny!"

Episode 15 is available on the Japanese release though. So embarrassment is not the answer. More like being dickheads, we have it you can't have it 'cause we need a differentiator between our release and the poor gaijin's release.
RellyGirl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Why is Wing always left out?! Seriously...I'm super excited about all the amazing Gundam stuff happening right now, but my favorite always gets the shaft.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3