• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha Comics Adds Princess Jellyfish, Real Account, Magatsuki Manga

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Wow, they actually got Princess Jellyfish. I hope everyone who requested it actually follows through and purchases it.

& I'm very interested in Real Account.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'll be picking up Princess Jellyfish. Odd that they would license the majority of the series out (12/15) and not just the whole thing at that point.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:17 pm Reply with quote

Seriously though, people need to actually buy it now. We've got 6 volumes to put our money where our mouths are.
Crisha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Princess Jellyfish! Preordering all of the volumes once they're available.

This has been a fantastic AX for license announcements.

(Now back to the 4th of July party I snuck out of for a little bit.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AwaysAnnoyed

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Yay I'm glad I contributed to Noragami's 'excellent sales'. My hard-earned cash paid off T.T *of joy*
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Well, I'll be picking up Princess Jellyfish. Odd that they would license the majority of the series out (12/15) and not just the whole thing at that point.

I'd guess it is a precautionary measure after what happened with Vinland Saga. That was their first foray into seinen and it didn't exactly go smoothly so by letting people know that Princess Jellyfish is a similar licence upfront, the experience can hopefully go smoother. Josei is still a big risk in NA but hopefully this will prove it is actually a viable path for Kodansha USA to pursue in future.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Sweet Maga tsuki that one a lot of fun to read
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this is excellent news. We got a suggestions from a instructor who got it as recommended reading from a student in his class. At that time PJ wasn't available but since we had gotten a request for the BD/DVD set I kept my eyes out for a manga release. So now I can add this to the list of acquisitions for fall semester. Now we'll have the book to go with the DVDs.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Princess Jellyfish in large-format 2-in-1 editions with color pages and bonus special features?

Big Windup Season 2 on DVD?

Utena on Bluray?

I feel like I should play the lottery now. Chances are I'd win.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Psyched for Princess Jellyfish. I know my sister will get this series the day it is released and while we do not generally buy the same things (since we can just borrow each others) I'm honestly tempted to just get a copy of my own to help out. We'll see if the finances permit Smile
TooLazyToComeUpWithaName

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm definitely gonna check out Princess Jellyfish.

Ironically, I started reading Real Account a couple of days ago. I'm going to stop reading it online and buy the actual volumes.
myskaros

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Real Account is a series I didn't expect to see localized, good for it. I wonder how other similar series do outside of Japan; I know Judge and Doubt have gotten localized releases as well. Certainly, games like Danganronpa and Zero Escape have gotten pretty good press over here.

Funnily enough, I just commented in the VIZ article about how unlikely it would be for a long-running series to be picked up, and here Kodansha is taking the plunge. Omnibus editions mean, aside from translating and editing, all other work is cut in half in order to release a book, so if this works out, hopefully other companies would be willing to give it a shot in order to get some longer series over here. Unfortunately, the 12-volume license definitely means that if it doesn't sell well enough, they'll just leave the fans who do buy the books hanging Sad
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:53 pm Reply with quote
I've heard a lotta good things about Princess Jellyfish so I'll be sure to check it out. Real Account might be good too.

Also thrilled to hear about Noragami's sales and release schedule. I enjoyed the anime and when I heard the manga has some more details (plus art by Adachitoka? Oh, I am sold. Fo' sho').
garlogan78

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:56 pm Reply with quote
those conditions kind of suck, but hopefully it sells well enough.
Stepppingoui

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Never thought Princess Jellyfish would get a release here it's a definite buy just which I didn't have to wait until February 2016 to purchase it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3