• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bikini Warriors (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:49 pm Reply with quote

Bikini Warriors (TV)

Genres: fantasy
Themes: ecchi

Plot Summary: A team of four brave women -- Fighter (also the daughter of a legendary warrior who saved the country in the past), Paladin, Mage, and Darkelf -- accept the quest of saving the world from destruction. In order to achieve the goal they have to barter with villagers and fight against numerous monsters in their sexy and scantily-clad bikinis.
----------------------------------

That was a lot better that I thought, if they continue to make fun of RPG tropes this will continue to make me smile.

[EDIT: Added all the necessary Encyc. info, since you didn't bother to do a single bit of it at all. -TK]
Shikiari

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:01 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
[EDIT: Added all the necessary Encyc. info, since you didn't bother to do a single bit of it at all. -TK]

You've given more information in the plot summary than we would have had from watching 24 minutes of this, let alone 4!

I'll be frank. I like ecchi shows, but this one was um... tripe. It makes Monster Musume seem like Les Miserables next to it! The best thing about it by far was the shopkeeper who was more 'dead'-pan than that pizza I had last night...

I'll spare it another 4 minutes but if it doesn't improve, then as they say in Dragons Den... "I'm out!"
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:53 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:

Didn't realise that was a requirement for starting a thread. Is there a "New Series Thread" guideline topic I'm not aware of?

Anyways, not much to say about this show. I did like the main joke of the episode and it's to its benefit that it's so short.

That said, would it kill them to have at least one of the girls have a modest chest size?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:49 am Reply with quote
The first episode made me think of a CollegeHumor video titled Female Armor Sucks.
Touma

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:56 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Is there a "New Series Thread" guideline topic I'm not aware of?

There is a suggested standardized format given in the opening post of the ANN Series Discussion Index thread.

As for the show, it looks interesting and I want to try it. But I am going to wait to see if Funimation eventually releases it on disc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:43 am Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:

I must really ask, in this day and age, is it really necessary? If we were discussing a series that was just announced it would make sense since information is scarce. But the series was announced months ago here in ANN, there is a description/image where it is streaming and you do not need to google ビキニ・ウォリアーズ and use chrome to translate the results to english to get such basic info.

Vaisaga wrote:
... would it kill them to have at least one of the girls have a modest chest size?

IMO paladin and fighter should have abs and fighter should have some biceps/thunder thighs to boot. I would also have preferred skin tight clothes instead of bikinis, but hey, maybe when I have the $$$ I would make an anime exactly like I want it to be ^^;
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

I could be mistaken, but did I see a hint of social commentary under all that fanservice?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:17 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
mangamuscle wrote:

I must really ask, in this day and age, is it really necessary?

Yes it is. Everyone else who starts a New Series discussion thread has had the courtesy to do it. So should you. Beyond simple courtesy the official series discussion threads get added to the Series Discussion Thread Index Sticky at the top. So yea, when starting brand new official series discussion threads that info is needed. Thank you.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Looks like there really may be some equality issues in their world.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I think it's less about equality and more poking at RPG tropes again. The King wants you to save his land, but does he give you full access to the royal treasury and armory? Nope, you gotta go farm gold from monsters and look for weapons in dungeons yourself. The world needs a hero... but it doesn't want to pay for one.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
I think it's less about equality and more poking at RPG tropes again. The King wants you to save his land, but does he give you full access to the royal treasury and armory? Nope, you gotta go farm gold from monsters and look for weapons in dungeons yourself. The world needs a hero... but it doesn't want to pay for one.

Are you saying that being rewarded with less gold for killing some incredibly dangerous giant by the leader of the land, than selling the equipment of some bandit you met on the way there is the problem.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Well, that is kinda dumb but not the specific trope this episode was mocking.

Also if you want them to save your land the least you can do is let them stay at the inn for free.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:24 am Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
I must really ask, in this day and age, is it really necessary?

Well, I also could've just locked the thread for your very vague and non-descriptive opening sentence, too. But I figure I'd be nice and let you be anointed the series discussion starter and do all the work for you, anyway.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:49 am Reply with quote
Thinking on it, bikini armor in anime is celebrating its 30th anniversary of sorts because Genmu Senki Leda and Dream Hunter Rem both prominently featured it. There might be some older examples, but those just work so well.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Remember kids, even if you're a hero it's not nice to rob the villagers!

I wonder how many years Link would serve in jail for all the pots he's broken.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3