• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: K-ON! Anime Film's 2nd Teaser Trailer Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamescook

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Barf. Like a shallow piece of fluff has enough narrative weight to warrant a film. But I guess what it lacks in narrative weight it makes up for in sheer numbers of gullible sheep willing to fork out cash for the privilege to watch teen girls act like toddlers some more in a film made by men, for men.

Last edited by Gamescook on Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
LeftHandedBassist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:36 pm Reply with quote
You hate fun, don't you?
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping, probably forlornly, that it'll have scenes paying homage to great musical act-based films of the past, like The Beatles HELP!, Elvis Presley's Blue Hawaii, Pink Floyd's The Wall, or even just the Spice Girl's Spice World.

Though if it's just an extended typical episode of K-On!, I'm sure I still will enjoy it, and I'll probably import the Blu-Ray when it's released.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Clueless313

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Gamescook wrote:
But I guess what it lacks in narrative weight it makes up for in sheer numbers of gullible sheep willing to fork out cash for the privilege to watch teen girls act like toddlers some more in a film made by men, for men.

I'm a sheep?
I am okay with this.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quote
LeftHandedBassist wrote:
You hate fun, don't you?

People should just have fun, like $116.4 million people did on Transformers this weekend. Laughing
pantsmca

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Gamescook wrote:
Barf. Like a shallow piece of fluff has enough narrative weight to warrant a film. But I guess what it lacks in narrative weight it makes up for in sheer numbers of gullible sheep willing to fork out cash for the privilege to watch teen girls act like toddlers some more in a film made by men, for men.

Have you even seen K-On! or are you just comparing it against all of Kyoani's other garbage?
Annf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Gamescook wrote:
made by men

K-ON!'s director, series compositor, and character designer/chief animation director are all women.
Goggen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Gamescook wrote:
made by men, for men.

LOL! Proof right there, that you're talking out of your ass. Very Happy
lelliel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:16 pm Reply with quote
LeftHandedBassist wrote:
You hate fun, don't you?

If you consider the anime equivalent of watching a chia pet grow fun than sure. If you like it fine, but don't expect other people to feel the same way as you.
Goggen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:33 pm Reply with quote
lelliel wrote:
If you consider the anime equivalent of watching a chia pet grow fun than sure. If you like it fine, but don't expect other people to feel the same way as you.

That goes both ways, you know. Don't like it? Fine. You don't have to go antagonize its fans because of it. That's called being an asshole.
lelliel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Goggen wrote:
lelliel wrote:

That goes both ways, you know. Don't like it? Fine. You don't have to go antagonize its fans because of it. That's called being an asshole.

If that's aimed at me, how did I antagonize anyone?
Goggen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:47 pm Reply with quote
General "you". Not you, specifically.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Annf wrote:
Gamescook wrote:
made by men

K-ON!'s director, series compositor, and character designer/chief animation director are all women.
Heck, even a lot of the key animators are female. That's one thing that I have noticed about KyoAni, that they are not hesitant to put women in charge of key areas of the anime creation process.
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:02 am Reply with quote
I am really looking forward to this (I can't wait for Manga Entertainment's release of the first series in the u.k. either, though I actually am waiting, I'm not going to import the u.s. release, unless there turns out to be something wrong with the u.k. release that isn't wrong with the u.s. release, and it would have to be something that I actually care about).
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:43 am Reply with quote
Gamescook wrote:

Man, best description of K-On I've ever heard.

I get the Japanese wanting this stuff to a degree, but dubbing it is another matter. More often than not, Westerners find it creepy rather than endearing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2