• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Non Non Biyori Repeat

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunflower

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:52 pm Reply with quote
I love this show so much. It and Shirayuki are my two favorites of the season, and with them both coming on Monday night I actually looked forward to the week beginning. I really hope Non Non Biyori comes back again and again to treat us to a little peace once a week.
leeoflittlefaith

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:29 pm Reply with quote
[quote="motormind"]
leeoflittlefaith wrote:
motormind wrote:

...you have a very strange interpretation of sibling interactions.

I never had my sister hit me repeatedly in the collarbone, and I would have kicked her butt if she had tried that.

That said, this was a wonderful series, and it rightfully ended up way up in the polls throughout its run. Next time I'm in Japan I might try to look up some of the locations.

Does that not prove my point? Physical horseplay is just how siblings interact. Renge striking her sister's collarbone is just as innocent as you 'kicking your sister's butt', surely? Pretty clear there was no actual harm involved.

I'd love to go anywhere remotely as idyllic as the scenes shown in NNB. ^^
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:27 pm Reply with quote
The Renge vs. Hikage "Sosuner" scene was funny and some rough play between siblings is realistic, but, if I have one objection to that scene, it would be that it just felt a bit too over-the-top cartoonish compared to the rest of the series.

If it was a series that regularly features that kind of exaggerated physical comedy like Himouto Umaru-chan, I wouldn't have batted an eyelid, but Non Non Biyori is generally a very down-to-Earth kind of slice-of-life show and Renge demonstrating her Sosun moves felt like a scene from a different series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5