• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New X Japan album 'dated' for March 2016. (Update 2)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:22 am Reply with quote
Yoshiki tweeted that it's coming out 'this summer'. Also, you can see him writing some of his music notes for it here.

Edit: Yeah, he seems really motivated, so wish him luck.

Edit 2: Teaser pic.

Edit 3: I technically don't want to rain on Yoshiki's moment of reflection, but he did say he wrote a new song in honor of Hide....

Last edited by GATSU on Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
vanfanel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:46 am Reply with quote
The subject line could be interpreted to mean we've been waiting so long that the songs are now dated before they've even been released.

I'll believe it not when I see it in stores...not when I have it in my hands...not when I actually hear it playing...but on the following day, when I confirm that it wasn't all just a dream.

In all seriousness, this is great news; hope it does great for them.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:17 am Reply with quote
Well, according to this article Yoshiki RT'ed, the album is scheduled for early next year, along with a Wembley concert, and the world premiere of that doc from the Sugarman guy. Also, Yoshiki just dropped one of the songs from that album at that link, Born to Be Free. Oh, yeah, that song is only up for 24 hours. Although the server might've crashed on their end... Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1