• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] Split Horoyuki Kinoshita

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:20 am Reply with quote
person#5032

According to Wikipedia, Kinoshita is a voice actor born in 1958.

Hiroyuki Kinoshita was also the CEO of TOEI Animation.

Here's a site with a picture of executive-Kinoshita, clearly a different person from the voice actor (who's photo is in the encyc).

Hiroyuki Kinoshita in ANN's Encyclopedia has a combination of voice and producer roles. While it's possible for a VA to have some producer roles, it is unlikely that they would be executive producer / productions manager / production committee roles. Worth noting, all the production roles are on Toei anime.

To my knowledge, the executive Kinoshita was also born in 1957 or early 1958. So they are very similar in age.

Last edited by Tempest on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:59 am Reply with quote
Done.

If I Googled correctly, he just passed away on July 3rd and was only 48. His name has disappeared from Toei's company overview but the February cache still has his name. He even held the opening ceremony of One Piece Expo @ Taipei last year.

ご冥福をお祈り致します。

Question: Shall I switch his non-Japanese credits back to under Japanese? I assume those were submitted by users following ED credits, yet those credits were of the original Japanese material, not the licensed / localized edition.

ADDENDUM:
Tempest wrote:
Hiroyuki Kinoshita was also the CEO of TOEI Animation.

I'm not quite sure if that Kidscreen news was written correctly. Mr. Kinoshita's title was still Torishimariyaku (取締役, equivalent to "board member") without Jōmu (常務, managing director or VP equiv.) or Senmu (専務, SVP equiv.) prefix from late 2011 to mid 2012 and remained so until early 2014; he was promoted to Jōmu later. While positions and titles in Japanese and Western companies are not exactly mirrored, "CEO" in English is usually reserved for 代表取締役.

UPDATE: The news text was correct but not the title: Mr. Kinoshita was appointed the CEO of HK-based Toei Animation Enterprises, not the mother company.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:49 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
If I Googled correctly, he just passed away on July 3rd and was only 48
Yes, that is correct. I couldn't find any public acknowledgement of this, and ANN chose not to print a story until the death was officially announced.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1