• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Prison School

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gedata

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
You couldn't just expel them to begin with?

Last episode showed that they can't.
MiloTheFirst

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:52 pm Reply with quote
of course some actions in this show are not completely logical by real life standards but i think it deserves an applause for being conisistent with its in-world logic

the existance of the prison itself was justified on it being a very old school tradition that for some reason has not been amended. when you think about it the terms are not all that outrageous, they just have to do some extra manual work and have their free time restricted, which is not all that weird considering it is a boarding school. originally the prison terms were that they could leave school (and prison) on weekends since technically they dont have to atend classes those days either.

one could argue that "the physical abuse" is just too much for it to be considered "legal", and that is the thing, it is not legal not even in their world, the USC is getting away with it because those boys are liking it, and dont want their parents finding out they were caught peeping, plus no third party cares enough to take a picture and report it to an actual authority.

kiyoushi complies with hana's molestation because he feels guilty about him "tainting her honor" even if it was not his intention.

if we go full logic on them, any girl on the bathroom could actually have sued them for peeping without involving the school authorities, and they could have gone to an actual reformatory for it. just as they could sue meiko any moment for the physical abuse, and live off the sue money
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:22 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
This show is a classic imo for a comedy thriller. Loved the way the fan service is done (except the censorship part). I'm hoping the BDs will leave those untamed and uncensored.

Kinda sad about the 1 cour part though. Maybe this will get another season in the future? But for what's worth, this is one of the most hilarious shows imo for the Summer. The manga is great too.

I am wondering: Should I watch this show? And if yes, hould I watch all episodes after the season ended, or wait for a Blu-Ray release?
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Hellsoldier wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
This show is a classic imo for a comedy thriller. Loved the way the fan service is done (except the censorship part). I'm hoping the BDs will leave those untamed and uncensored.

Kinda sad about the 1 cour part though. Maybe this will get another season in the future? But for what's worth, this is one of the most hilarious shows imo for the Summer. The manga is great too.

I am wondering: Should I watch this show? And if yes, hould I watch all episodes after the season ended, or wait for a Blu-Ray release?

If you don't care about the censored crotches, there's probably no reason to wait for the BD release. Since the first major arc just wrapped up, it's a good time for a mini-marathon.
Hyperdrve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Found this in my twitter feed. Anyone care to explain? ...
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:09 pm Reply with quote
He just tipped and fell on a stick, and his hemorrhoids acted up at the same time. Nothing unusual.
Hyperdrve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:03 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
He just tipped and fell on a stick, and his hemorrhoids acted up at the same time. Nothing unusual.

So I'm guessing that you're joking and have no idea.

If it were true then it'd way too convenient:
"Oh I just happened to be walking around and then slipped and then suddenly a splinter made its way up my intestines and at the same time my hemorrhoids started acting up."

Sounds like something someone would say to a nurse while they're trying to explain that they got a foreign object up their bum.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Hyperdrve wrote:
killjoy_the wrote:

So I'm guessing that you're joking and have no idea.

The former yes, the latter no. That's the in-show excuse the guy uses to explain the scene to the girls right there.
In truth, the guy on the left was gonna use that stick to stab one of the girls. Hemorrhoids-kun throws himself in front of him and gets stabbed in the anus instead.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Speaking as a collector of figures, aside from its placement in the bathroom, I see no problem with displaying it out of the box. Why collect them if not to display them? Given its limited availability, perhaps one could keep it in the case. Then again each individual figure generally only gets a single limited run (though some get rereleases) so why not display it.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:18 pm Reply with quote
I think it's becasue there are so many limited figures, that while a figure can get a releas of let's say 1k units, that charcter gets like 20 different limited figures per year (I actually think about 100 because its' a romance of the 3 kingdoms one)
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Even popular characters don't get twenty a year (except miku). He might be limited enough to warrant keeping in the box, which looked like it could work for displaying it, but then you couldn't pose him on the horse. And Gakuto seemed to treat it a bit carelessly for a piece to fall off.
Merida

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:15 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The heavy soundtrack also helps Prison School inject more seriousness into its proceedings. Like the relentlessly dark atmosphere, this works to the show's benefit.

It works to the show's benefit in the way that it makes it even more hilarious, with that i can agree.

My favourite parts this week (apart from the action figure drama) were Andre's diary and Shingo imaging what The Grapes of Wrath might be about. I want to see his version of the movie. Laughing
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:40 am Reply with quote
Since I haven't read the manga, this is pure conjecture on my part, but I have a feeling Shingo's love interest is working for the bad guys.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:47 am Reply with quote
JaggedAuthor wrote:
Since I haven't read the manga, this is pure conjecture on my part, but I have a feeling Shingo's love interest is working for the bad guys.

Actually, spoiler[you are right]. And it will spoiler[come to play in a significant way] next episode.
kinghumanity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:12 am Reply with quote
How popular is Romance of the Three Kingdoms in Japan? It must be ingrained in Japanese pop culture for the figures to be used in anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6