• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The new Lupin the 3rd.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ageha1971

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:47 pm Reply with quote
I know that this is hitting Japan as of Oct 1, 2015, but does anyone know who will be showing it simulcast here in the USA? Thank you.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:14 am Reply with quote
It has not been announced for simulcast.

I would periodically check its Encyclopedia entry, as if it does get announced then a New item will be linked there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dop.L

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:10 am Reply with quote
I'm still amazed this hasn't been licenced yet, and I have to wonder if there's a good reason why.

Did the licensor ask for more money than any of the streaming services were liable to pay?
Does the Italian TV company have some kind of exclusive rights outside Japan, creating a Macross-style licensing SNAFU?

Did someone like Netflix get it but won't be releasing it until after the series broadcast ends and haven't bothered to announce it yet.

Gotta be some kind of reason why this isn't out there yet.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:47 am Reply with quote
It's probably due to it being released in Italy first, before a Japan broadcast. There might be some exclusivity thing going on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1