• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Adds More Ladies vs. Butlers Dub Cast, Streams Clips

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
megagold5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:44 am Reply with quote
Sounds pretty solid to me. Particularly the guy, very good indeed.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:00 am Reply with quote
Sounds great! Look forward to the release Anime smile
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:37 am Reply with quote
Carrie Savage, possibly using a different name, is Sernia and that's not part of the announcement? She makes up most of the clips.

DVD-R or not, that is a buy for me. It's brilliant casting, I love it.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:41 am Reply with quote
Not...bad. Not bad at all in fact. I might actually get this.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:35 am Reply with quote
Very solid cast in this show. No doubt I'll be watching Ladies vs. Butlers with fervor. Smile
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:18 am Reply with quote
A very nice cast now if the just dont mess up the release
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:28 am Reply with quote
Since the question of an alias being used was already brought up, I will offer my opinions/conclusions:

While she has done fan service heavy shows before (Ikki Tousen and Shuffle, in particular), I wouldn't be surprised if Carrie Savage choose to do an alias. Why? It's possible because she's a strong Christian. Similarly, fellow Funi VA Cailtlin Glass is an outspoken Christian who has used done so (don't remember which shows though) but decided to use her "main name" with Freezing.

Most likely it's an alias if the only time a name is credited is if it's a fan service heavy/controversial show (in the realm of Rin: Daughter of Darkness).

Monica Rial did a 5/23/12 post in her FB group about this when a member asked about this over 20 days earlier:

Quote:
Okay, here's the deal. Actors use pseudonyms for many different reasons. It could be moral reasons (like they're a teacher and they don't want their students/parents to hear them in a pervy show), professional reasons (like they're on the verge of starting a film career and don't want people to know they did an ecchi show) or just because they want to use one. Whatever their reason may be, we have to respect it. I'm not going to delete this thread because it's already been around a while but please don't out actors and their pseudonyms here (or anywhere else on the internet, for that matter). If you know it's actually someone else, consider it a special secret between you and that actor. Also, if going for an autograph politely and quietly ask the actor if they would mind signing for the show they've used a pseudonym on. If they're okay with it they will. You don't want to embarrass someone who's trying to keep their more questionable work under wraps
lazydude500

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Assuming it is Carrie Savage why assume she used an alias? MB Voice Works is doing the same thing they did for Holy Knight. Release some cast members slowly at a time to get more hype, awareness, etc

They will probably save Savage for last since I assume she's the only veteran in the cast (kind of like how Mike Pollock was for Holy Knight)

@Kadmos1

Don't care what Monica says. Awful actress aside her response is common sense... Still doesn't change the fact that anybody can edit a wikipedia page to include alias info and sites like MAL now list "alternate names" on VA profiles and are included in their database searches
Xionea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I wasn't expecting this. It's one of my favorite anime and the dub sounds good, so this'll totally become part of my collection. (still praying for a season 2)
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:27 pm Reply with quote
lazydude500 wrote:
Assuming it is Carrie Savage why assume she used an alias? MB Voice Works is doing the same thing they did for Holy Knight. Release some cast members slowly at a time to get more hype, awareness, etc

They will probably save Savage for last since I assume she's the only veteran in the cast (kind of like how Mike Pollock was for Holy Knight)

@Kadmos1

Don't care what Monica says. Awful actress aside her response is common sense... Still doesn't change the fact that anybody can edit a wikipedia page to include alias info and sites like MAL now list "alternate names" on VA profiles and are included in their database searches

I am going off from a post that Animegomaniac had here about Carrie posibly using an alias. As far as Monica being a bad actress, to you she it. I could make the same argument about various seiyuu.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Sounds not too awful, but I don't care how much effort they're putting into it; I wasn't going to buy it on DVD when it's an HD show, so I'm sure as shit not buying it on DVD-R.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

I am going off from a post that Animegomaniac had here about Carrie posibly using an alias. As far as Monica being a bad actress, to you she it. I could make the same argument about various seiyuu.

Here's why I said a possible alias: If you're going to highlight a lead in a promotional clip, you're supposed to say who it is. If they're saving it for later then they shouldn't have included the Sernia footage.

So my conclusion was "Look who we got but we can't tell you who it is." My second conclusion could turn out to be "They're totally inept failures" if they want to introduce Savage using similar footage later on. It wouldn't be the first time I thought of Media Blasters as hopeless losers.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:07 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Sounds not too awful, but I don't care how much effort they're putting into it; I wasn't going to buy it on DVD when it's an HD show, so I'm sure as shit not buying it on DVD-R.

They confirmed its releasing on bluray though.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Sounds much better than Holy Knight, which was a decent first dubbing effort, but it's clear they've improved with experience. I guess if you had to choose a first dubbing project to work the kinks on, an obscure 2-episode OVA is the way to go.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:14 am Reply with quote
I love the ending "AHHHHH, Hello" and then someone breaks out laughing in the background. That was perfect.

Expecting some outtakes like they had on Midori Days.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2