• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Deadly Maids

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryonomiko
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:20 pm Reply with quote
I was expecting Meirin from Kuroshitsuji to rank on the maid list. Skilled gunsman, and her "regular" maid duties generally create disasters.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm not at all surprised that Misaki Ayuzawa made it on The List. Her hot-tempered characteristic, combined with her fear of being found out that she works at a maid café has made for some very hilarious moments throughout most of Maid-Sama. Never will I forget the moment that I laughed like there would be no tomorrow throughout the first two episodes, particularly when Misaki came close to running her own miniature school dungeon spoiler[by angrily tossing an unruly perverted male student into the janitor's closet and locking him up indefinitely]. Very Happy

Last edited by Mr. Oshawott on Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:31 pm Reply with quote
I was scared for a second that Roberta wasn't #1. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Code Geass' Sayoko is a Ninja Maid and thus I don't get why she wasn't included.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Fiore from Chrono Crusade would have made a good candidate as well.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Would Su-Na Lee from Freezing count as a maid? If not, then I think that Kuroshitsuji's Mey-Rin is also a good option.
consignia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:18 pm Reply with quote
I know the list isn't supposed to be definitive but even so, Maid Guy is a shocking omission.
DigitalScratch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised the maid from Black Butler didn't make it on the list.

Hmm- my favorite is the 3rd Pokemon movie. There's something endearing about Molly and Entei, and the imaginary effects that were created by the Unknown.

I thought most of the movies after the 3rd one were okay at best. Personally, the worst of the movies were the Genesect movie (with the second Mewtwo that I was extremely disappointed with) and the Diancie movie (Caitlin Glass couldn't save how irritating that movie was.)

However- I do recommend Sword of Justice, the Keldeo vs Kyurem movie to anyone who has doubts about the recent Pokemon movies. It was a pretty enjoyable and genuinely a good and even funny movie. It helped that Ash, the gang, and even Team Rocket were barely involved and it was all about Keldeo and his development.

There was also a few funny lines that my friends and I still quote.

"Thank you for saving us, Ash."
"Wait, how do you know my name?"
"We heard it through the ice."

Last edited by DigitalScratch on Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:09 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't expecting Touhou to be on the list because it's a video game first and not an anime, but still, I'd place an honorable mention for Sakuya and her many, many knives. Not to mention, the whole time manipulation thing.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Roberta is the best maid you can have

her umbrella weapon is also in Kingsman movie.. Laughing

Bar fight, Car Chase then Cat fight at the end

that's the greatest way to introduce a new character ever!!

Last edited by AnimeAddict2014 on Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Code Geass' Sayoko is a Ninja Maid and thus I don't get why she wasn't included.

Yeah, where is Sayoko? She nearly (accidently) killed Ougi at some point.
vampireknightgal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:30 pm Reply with quote
I'd say Meyrin from Kuroshitsuji should deserve an honorable mention, don't you agree?
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:19 pm Reply with quote
In my extremely biased and nostalgia blinded opinion I would have to choose the 2nd pokemon movie. The music in the dub version was amazing.
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Damn right Roberta's number 1.

As for favorite Pokemon movie, I'l have to go with number 3. Just a question though: why do you have the option for "no answer" on the poll page? Wouldn't one simply not vote if they didn't have an answer? Just a little confused is all.
Trypticon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Roberta is blatantly obvious for the number one spot; it goes without saying. I'm inclined to mention Lilica Stacy from Girls Bravo as a deadly maid to add to the list.

I am surprised to see Airi from Queen's Blade on there, but I'm pleased as well; she can drain life force from various organisms from animal to plant with via touch. With people it's from the mouth (Queen's Blade's imaginative fan service). She can fly around, wields a scythe and of course has undead minions to assist her.

I should also note that like many of the characters of Queen's Blade, her character design is very distinct with a charismatic flair; in other words, like many of the other characters on QB, she looks pretty cool; the scythe really makes it all come together though.

I should note, that like Roberta, Airi isn't all evil; she has a kinder, gentler side to her which is explored in the second half of the first series. This plays well to one of the show's themes, duality; good and evil coexisting in every being.

When Airi is introduced she's conveyed as sinister and evil, but later on, we're shown that she has the capacity to be kind, compassionate and empathetic.

Her duality is explored even further in the "Beautiful Fighters" OVA series.

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4