• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[todo] Yuki Yamada/Yuuki Yamada: various corrections

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:23 pm Reply with quote
This is another common name that's going to be somewhat complicated to get straightened out. First up is something that has easy confirmation, though. The seiyuu, who currently has credits as Yuuki Yamada, is not "Yuuki" (or "Yūki", as that should be rendered) according to her official profile at Production Ace. It's just "Yuki". I am not sure whether I should merge "Yuuki" into the seiyuu "Yuki" (after the split for the latter is done). On one hand, it's highly likely there will be someone else with the same reading. On the other hand, that person would need to be rendered as Yūki anyway.

As far as the Yuki Yamada entry goes, there's three more people represented, all of whom may or may not actually be "Yuki":

山田幸 (Yuki Yamada?: it's possible the given name reading could be something else)
(1988) Doraemon: Nobita's Version of Saiyuki (movie) : In-Between Animation
(1989) Doraemon: Nobita at the Birth of Japan (movie) : In-Between Animation
(1991) Doraemon: Nobita in Dorabian Nights (movie) : In-Between Animation
(1992) Doraemon: Nobita to Kumo no Ōkoku (movie) : In-Between Animation
(1993) Doraemon: Nobita's Tin-Plate Labyrinth (movie) : In-Between Animation
(1994) Doraemon: Nobita's Fantastical Three Musketeers (movie) : In-Between Animation
(1996) Doraemon: Nobita's Galactic Express (movie) : In-Between Animation
(1997) Doraemon: Nobita's Adventure in Clockwork City (movie) : In-Between Animation

山田裕城 (Yuki or Yūki Yamada? or Hiroki Yamada?)
(2003) Mei and the Kitten Bus (movie) : Digital Animation
(2008) Doraemon: Nobita to Midori no Kyojin Den (movie) : 3DCG Production
(2010) SD Gundam Sangokuden Brave Battle Warriors (TV) : CG Modeling (Atelier Sai)
(2010) Coicent (OAV) : CG Modeling
(2011) Five Numbers! (OAV) : CG Modeling
(2012) Aquarion Evol (TV) : CGI Modeling
(2013) Bayonetta: Bloody Fate (movie) : 3DCGI Cooperation (IKIF+)
(2014) CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon (TV) : Modeling Chief

山田由己
(2012) Shining Hearts (TV) : Production Advancement (eps 5, 10)
(2012) Chō Soku Henkei Gyrozetter (TV) : Production Advancement (ep 22)
(2012) OniAi (TV) : Production Advancement (eps 4, 10)
(2013) Love Lab (TV) : Production Advancement (ep 6)

The production advancement person also looks to have ambiguous given name kanji, and not having much luck finding him or her in official English credits. Sentai's translated credits for Shining Hearts, Love Lab, and Magical Warfare don't have Production Advancement. If OniAi has them, it's on the home video release which I don't have access to.

Haven't dug into the CG person as much yet, as I know he probably appears in the translated credits for the Ghibli stuff he's done. The Cross Ange credit is 山田結城 according to the internet source used, but looking at the actual ending credits for the first episode on Crunchyroll, it is 山田裕城 as with the other credits. FUNi's translated credits for Bayonetta have him as "Hiroki".
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Splitting and merging is so easy now, that as for this part:

Quote:
The seiyuu, who currently has credits as Yuuki Yamada, is not "Yuuki" (or "Yūki", as that should be rendered) according to her official profile at Production Ace. It's just "Yuki". I am not sure whether I should merge "Yuuki" into the seiyuu "Yuki" (after the split for the latter is done). On one hand, it's highly likely there will be someone else with the same reading. On the other hand, that person would need to be rendered as Yūki anyway.

That I would merge it into Yuki and then split, or simply false attribute one role to Yuki, split it off, and then merge it with the Yuuki seiyu to set the name as Yuki.

I would go with Hiroki for the CG modeler after double checking a few easy to access sources.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:38 am Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:

That I would merge it into Yuki and then split, or simply false attribute one role to Yuki, split it off, and then merge it with the Yuuki seiyu to set the name as Yuki.

I was planning on doing the latter, though I can add something true (the "Female Student" roles are lacking precision, and an "A" designation in the case of Maken-ki. EDIT: Actually the previously existing credit for Maken-ki was plain false since it was in the wrong season: she's only in the second).
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:54 pm Reply with quote
The anime spotlight for the seiyuu in Sky Wizards Academy, so that is already correct (likewise for three news articles about Riddle Story of Devil). There are two news articles using Yuuki Yamada however:
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-01/kusen-madoshi-kohosei-no-kyokan-anime-promo-video-profiles-misora/.88793
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-10/kusen-madoshi-kohosei-no-kyokan-video-previews-nao-toyama-lecty/.89102

While it's in no way authoritative, I've found a site giving Yamada Yuuki for the CG guy: http://movie.walkerplus.com/person/150952/

Under Hiroki there is one non-CG credit for "Sales Promotion" given as 山田宏樹 at the source link. None of the other potential readings of this given name have existing profiles here, and there's a guy all over Google who definitely is using Hiroki. This would need to be split before any potential merge with Yu[u]ki.

For 山田幸, I've found other people with the same Kanji using Miyuki and Sachi. Neither of these names exist in the system.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

While it's in no way authoritative, I've found a site giving Yamada Yuuki for the CG guy: http://movie.walkerplus.com/person/150952/

I did come across that, though it looks like a site that gives a reading for every minor staff entered (more likely they are not all confirmed IMO).

This is what I've found with official US credits:
"Hiroki": Spirited Away, Coicent, Five Numbers, Bayonetta Bloody Fate
"Yuki": BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad, Aquarion Evol

So there are a few FUNi releases that use "Yuki". I'm inclined to think a major production like Spirited Away had some oversight with credits spellings. Disney Ghibli releases might have more accurate spellings than the usual US distributor (though I doubt they're perfect either). I didn't find the people of Yamada's job task in Howl's Moving Castle, though, and don't have My Neighbors the Yamadas.

I'm still leaning to merging to Hiroki, but before that, I will go ahead and do the split (and merger for seiyuu Yuki).

3D CGI animator
Animator
Production staff
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1