• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nikkei Reports on Konami's Restructuring, Dissolution of Kojima Productions

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm not surprised, but this is way worse that originally imagined. Let's see what happens after this now.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:54 pm Reply with quote
I'd rather see those people get heck out of there. Those are terrible working conditions. If their being abused like that, they have talents, they should try go some where else or do something other working for micromanaging self-destructive company than Konami.
kanjineogeo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:11 pm Reply with quote
I wish workers in japan who worked on console and pc (and maybe handled games) games should move out of the country now. Hawaii seems to be a good place for them. I also really hope Konami being sued right now.

Last edited by kanjineogeo on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I'd be willing to bet that many of those employees would take shorter lunch breaks if their supervisor simply spoke to them one-on-one and let them know that the company wanted shorter breaks. I'm curious about the randomized emails. I suppose I can see where that might help prevent leaks, but it also seems like a lot of effort and comes off as a bit paranoid.

I also think it helps explain why Ground Zeroes came out even though it wouldn't be entirely wrong to say it was a demo with a price tag on it. The official line was that it was supposed to help fans deal with waiting for the game, but I've always suspected that Konami was feeling enough of a financial squeeze that they needed to get something out the door.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Seems to me like the Konami management has dug themselves quite a deep hole. Oh and look, they've forgotten to shore the sides up too. How unfortunate. Rolling Eyes

Mark Gosdin
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Konami is deader than dead, you know a company sucks when even break shaming is taking place. Also, the way they monitored the employees social media account was illegal.
kanjineogeo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
Konami is deader than dead, you know a company sucks when even break shaming is taking place. Also, the way they monitored the employees social media account was illegal.

Even deader than Sega? Wow.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:

As a game maker this seems to be the "pulling out" strategy while lighting the social bridges ablaze between themselves and anyone that was even interested in there game IPs, but as a company Konami is far from dead as they are doubling down on other financial fronts.

Certainly in the western markets Konami will be a name of the past and with this blatant PR poisoning it will not be remembered fondly even if they supported some memorable IPs.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Production on new games in series such as LovePlus, Tokimeki Memorial, and Suikoden has reportedly halted.

This isn't news. Suikoden hasn't had a new game in years since they dissolved the development team way back when.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Some terrifying, almost Orwellian garbage going on over there. I hope the employees can get out and into a better company soon.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:32 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Quote:
Production on new games in series such as LovePlus, Tokimeki Memorial, and Suikoden has reportedly halted.

This isn't news. Suikoden hasn't had a new game in years since they dissolved the development team way back when.

Apparently Suikoden did have a new game in production, though it wasn't announced (information came from a leaker over at NeoGAF who has a good record of being right with his information). Given the situation at Konami now, I doubt it'll ever be formally announced now...
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:50 pm Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:
belvadeer wrote:
Quote:

Apparently Suikoden did have a new game in production, though it wasn't announced (information came from a leaker over at NeoGAF who has a good record of being right with his information). Given the situation at Konami now, I doubt it'll ever be formally announced now...

Yeah my heart rose and sunk at once when I read that. For them to being working on a Suikoden game after all these years, and then its gone just like that.

They honestly need to sell of these IPs if they plan to just crap like pachinko.

{Edit: Please don't over-quote. Thanks. ~ Psycho 101}
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Not really surprised tbh.
Haterater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Disgusting. Mobile money just changed them for the worst. Wonder if they will ever come back if the money starts to dry up.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:39 pm Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:

What really? Seems I missed some kind of news, but it doesn't matter now I guess.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3