• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nikkei Reports on Konami's Restructuring, Dissolution of Kojima Productions

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:47 pm Reply with quote
maoyen wrote:
Quote:
In contrast to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, which Nikkei reports had a budget exceeding 10 billion yen (about US$80 million)

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

That honestly is not really a lot, the top tier AAA games like GTA V and Halo cost several hundred million ala blockbuster films.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:58 pm Reply with quote
BurgerKing-201 wrote:
The randomized emails are likely to keep other companies from scouting their talent.
This is the closest thing to "logical" there is, but a company email has no privacy - if Konami wanted to keep an eye on them, they could, so I'd imagine prospecting employers would probably seek out other contact methods to start with. Having personally had the pleasure of working help desk when a company clamped down on email security in a hurry, this clearly has nothing to do with it.

The numerical and changing email addresses are clearly in the same category as everything else about this business: control.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Do you mean as a psychological means to keep people from voicing out their complaints?
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:30 pm Reply with quote
My understanding is that the Kojima Productions largely ran its own show before; now Konami's coming in like a demon and clamping down on everything with a "we own you" vibe. With just what's come out, it really doesn't seem to have any specific aim but to be control for the sake of control - at best they're trying to get them to quit so they don't have to fire them, but they may well be simply trying to break them.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:16 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
I'm not surprised, but this is way worse that originally imagined. Let's see what happens after this now.

Its kinda obvious what's gonna happen next. in a couple of years if not sooner , konami will be going six feet under into bankruptcy just like THQ Productions and other gaming companies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:36 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:

Its kinda obvious what's gonna happen next. in a couple of years if not sooner , konami will be going six feet under into bankruptcy just like THQ Productions and other gaming companies.

Eventhough those companies went out of business while doing the opposite of what Konami's being roasted over which was making games....even bad ones.

CrownKlown wrote:

That honestly is not really a lot, the top tier AAA games like GTA V and Halo cost several hundred million ala blockbuster films.

Unless your just throwing that out their for kicks no game or movie's budget has ever went that high.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:15 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
For those of you who are calling this PR suicide, I don't think this information was ever meant to be leaked out. Even the densest of corporate heads know the way these workers are being abused is not good for the company's image. If word spreads about this mistreatment, they will try to do damage control or make people forget it happened.

When you change your Twitter description to read…
Code:
Official account of Konami Digital Entertainment Inc! We are already Demons.

…I don't think you actually really care what others think…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3