• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ken Akamatsu Updates Digital Manga Library Service With GyaO

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:50 am Reply with quote
The manga or light novel scans are left in Japanese. The automatic translations more apply to the series summaries and messages about the site.
CatSword

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:28 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
The manga or light novel scans are left in Japanese. The automatic translations more apply to the series summaries and messages about the site.

The site would likely increase in popularity if they offered automatic translations for manga into multiple languages. Then again they'd probably be very rough.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:32 am Reply with quote
Bold move, but i don't think this effort going do it until it goes to the next level.

This will not end piracy until they get right technology to translate entire book for the user. there more people outside of Japan who like Mangas and light novels.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:27 am Reply with quote
Having legal manga available to download and use on a tablet or phone is the ultimate step towards a universal manga download service. It's time that Anime goes this route.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
Having legal manga available to download and use on a tablet or phone is the ultimate step towards a universal manga download service. It's time that Anime goes this route.

It's kind of pointless if you can't read the actual comic. It's still in Japanese correct me if I'm wrong.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Yes, they are in Japanese. It's almost, to me, like Akamatsu is asking fans to do scanlations in this situation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1