• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Lerche Comiket Goods Includes Ranpo Kitan Hugging Pillow

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuruBuckaroo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Please tell me I'm not the only one deeply squicked out by hugging pillows with characters this young.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:20 pm Reply with quote
GuruBuckaroo wrote:
Please tell me I'm not the only one deeply squicked out by hugging pillows with characters this young.

I thought the same thing but... we are. We most definitely are.
itachi06103570

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:23 pm Reply with quote
This has been bugging me forever is that kid a girl because he looks like a "super" trap and I felt scared I might be right because the "person" seems to girlish so I can't tell.
Doomroar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:28 pm Reply with quote
GuruBuckaroo wrote:

The image of a handcuffed, really young, androgynous kid stamped on a body pillow? why, there's clearly nothing wrong about it... but i heard the product is really popular among people who own minivans...
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:46 pm Reply with quote
itachi06103570 wrote:
This has been bugging me forever is that kid a girl because he looks like a "super" trap and I felt scared I might be right because the "person" seems to girlish so I can't tell.

Its a trap, even says so in the first paragraph.

Although not my thing, clearly some of you are new to hugging pillows because this would probably be considered vanilla or tame compared to the majority of hugging pillows.
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:46 pm Reply with quote
itachi06103570 wrote:

Well then he is a super trap.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:59 pm Reply with quote
GuruBuckaroo wrote:

You're the only one. I don't mind them one bit and like the designs on many of them, it's huggable art. I've seen weirder things like ammunition dakimakura.
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
GuruBuckaroo wrote:

You're the only one. I don't mind them one bit and like the designs on many of them, it's huggable art. I've seen weirder things like ammunition dakimakura.

Nope. I'm also disgusted by pillows like this. They're gross.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:18 pm Reply with quote
oh for the love god burn it with holy fire! Razz
Actar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:08 pm Reply with quote
GuruBuckaroo wrote:

Not at all. I'm able to distinguish between fiction and reality, thank you very much.

It's perfectly fine if you don't like something, but I suppose this "deeply squicked out" feeling is a driving factor behind the censorship of art where anything remotely offensive gets cleaned out without precedence.

Violent video games, perverted comics, I'm fine with anything and everything. As long as there's no victim and it's fiction, have at it.

Last edited by Actar on Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jajanken

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote: Please tell me I'm not the only one deeply squicked out by hugging pillows with characters this young.
GuruBuckaroo wrote: You're the only one. I don't mind them one bit and like the designs on many of them, it's huggable art. I've seen weirder things like ammunition dakimakura.

You do know that the character on there is an underage boy right? Or is everyone here desensitized as FuK?

Last edited by Jajanken on Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Actar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:
You do know that the character on there is an underage boy right? Or is everyone here desensitized as FuK?

It may be desensitization, it might also be common sense to tell that the character's not real. People don't bat an eyelid when characters get murdered and slaughtered in movies and games. This is no different save for the double standards involved.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote: Please tell me I'm not the only one deeply squicked out by hugging pillows with characters this young.
GuruBuckaroo wrote: You're the only one. I don't mind them one bit and like the designs on many of them, it's huggable art. I've seen weirder things like ammunition dakimakura.

You got the posters of each message mixed up lol

I see nothing wrong with the pillow, it would be very odd to normals but not most anime fans.
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:35 pm Reply with quote
It was only a matter of time. My first though after episode one was 'how long until a daikimakura of this (alluring) trap is made? Not even six episodes Laughing
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
Jajanken wrote:

It may be desensitization, it might also be common sense to tell that the character's not real. People don't bat an eyelid when characters get murdered and slaughtered in movies and games. This is no different save for the double standards involved.

This is different. No one has instinctual urges to murder people, 95% of the time there is a weapon and a motive. You can't "normalize" murder because people aren't naturally prone to homicide.

The affect of watching violent TV shows and movies is simply not blinking when you see something horrifically violent. What happens if the case is the same when it comes to sexualizing children?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5