• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy XV's 'Dawn' Trailer Shows Father & Son's Past

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:54 am Reply with quote
I....felt nothing. Nuff said.
Lili-Hime

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:16 am Reply with quote
This article is in error. The blonde little girl is not a new character. She's Lunafreya Nox Flueret, Princess of Tenebrae. This is her 'child' version to coincide with child Noctis.

Child Luna

Adult Luna
Crescentvn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:46 am Reply with quote
the old man looks like Liam Neeson lol
Fatt_One

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:46 am Reply with quote
Uh there's no unrevealed character in the trailer. that's Luna.

pretty big mistake.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DragonSpikeXIII

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:54 am Reply with quote
I like how they lingered on the scene between father and son, couldn't be screaming "HEY look at us and our awesome engine!" if they tried. Still left me cold, even though I'm still looking forward to playing this ( maybe it's just me).
JaxHolmes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:42 am Reply with quote
im looking foreword to this game as well, plus square enix will still be showing of more at gamescom through out that days
SpeckTech

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:43 am Reply with quote
ya know I still haven't played the demo yet. ...and I have the platinum for Type-0.
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:45 am Reply with quote
A few people I've seen complain about the trailer's sentimental focus obviously aren't like me.
The lingering of the scene on the father lets me feel like they're going to care heavily about characters and story, and though the game itself is a huge factor, I use story and character as my driving force to play through most games anyway. Unless the gameplay is just that powerful, I'm usually not content with having a "good game with a non-existent/bad story". I only worry about how the writing will be as a whole. I'll appreciate every good moment, but it'll bother me if it turns out like FFXIII and its sequels, which I loved for their well-fleshed out moments, but I still can't get past those rushed parts...

Still, I've yet to play a FF game that truly disappointed me, so I'll be getting this game, regardless. When I get a PS4, that is. I've been bargaining with my family for some birthday and Christmas money. Maybe I can get it before this game releases. I've saved up just enough for the system itself, but I don't like spending all my money and having none left over to buy games or other things I'm saving up for either.
Fainaru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:37 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
Still, I've yet to play a FF game that truly disappointed me, so I'll be getting this game, regardless.

Did you play x-2 ? haha

I've been looking forward to this game for so long and i'm only driven by the characters and plot. I detest the battle system as realistically i'm a terrible gamer unless its turn based strategy.

I liked how they lingered too with this scene, the only thing that bothers me is how they keep hinting at how they're going to kill noctis in the end :'( i don't think i could handle it, i was balling at the end of ten and i get the feeling this one will really get me.

I'll probably buy it and attempt the battle system but probably end up stopping like i did with type-0, can't cope with scary panic battling. It took me ages to get to grips with active time battle on seven after coming from playing ten

So excited for the story though, might end up being a youtube jobby.
Lili-Hime

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
A few people I've seen complain about the trailer's sentimental focus obviously aren't like me.
The lingering of the scene on the father lets me feel like they're going to care heavily about characters and story, and though the game itself is a huge factor, I use story and character as my driving force to play through most games anyway.

I agree that's why I love FF games Smile I think people's frustrations come from the fact this is the first FFXV new trailer in like.... almost a year. I've been waiting for this game since 2008 so yeah it gets annoying>_<

You mentioned getting a PS4 and saving on games, you may want to try FF14. Yes it's an MMO but the player base is more anime fans and lots of nice people. Base game is usually pretty cheap too Smile
DeviousDybbuk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:12 am Reply with quote
Fainaru wrote:
Juno016 wrote:
Still, I've yet to play a FF game that truly disappointed me, so I'll be getting this game, regardless.

Did you play x-2 ? haha

You leave X-2 alone!
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:07 am Reply with quote
Lili-Hime wrote:
I agree that's why I love FF games Smile I think people's frustrations come from the fact this is the first FFXV new trailer in like.... almost a year. I've been waiting for this game since 2008 so yeah it gets annoying>_<

You mentioned getting a PS4 and saving on games, you may want to try FF14. Yes it's an MMO but the player base is more anime fans and lots of nice people. Base game is usually pretty cheap too Smile

You have no idea how much I want to play FFXIVRR. I played the beta of RR when it was free and I fell in love, but I'm in Japan with no internet outside of my phone and starbucks. I couldn't afford a monthly service anyway.

Fainaru wrote:
Did you play x-2 ? haha

I've been looking forward to this game for so long and i'm only driven by the characters and plot. I detest the battle system as realistically i'm a terrible gamer unless its turn based strategy.

I liked how they lingered too with this scene, the only thing that bothers me is how they keep hinting at how they're going to kill noctis in the end :'( i don't think i could handle it, i was balling at the end of ten and i get the feeling this one will really get me.

I'll probably buy it and attempt the battle system but probably end up stopping like i did with type-0, can't cope with scary panic battling. It took me ages to get to grips with active time battle on seven after coming from playing ten

So excited for the story though, might end up being a youtube jobby.

I haven't played even X yet, though I'm getting the HD collection of both games when they go down significantly in price. They're actually okay price right now, but I'm still going to wait until the last possible moment. I can bide my time with other games until then. I have heard negativity about it, though what I've heard doesn't seem like it'll ruin everything for me. No spoilers in what I've read, though (at least that I can remember), so who knows. I might be naive.

I haven't seen any hints at killing Noctis. The trailers for these games almost never give that much to us. As for me, I loved Type-0. I am actually worse at turn-based stuff than I am at action-based stuff, so this game is even more exciting for me.
Fainaru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:

I haven't seen any hints at killing Noctis. The trailers for these games almost never give that much to us.

I'm thinking in the demo with the prince is dead announcement and the fact this father is mourning his sons fate in this trailer
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1