• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yaoi / Shounen Ai Recommendation Thread.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:21 pm Reply with quote
@Nobahn - I don't think there's a need to make threats like that. All that needs to be done are some slight modifications to the opening post. I agree that there's no need for fanon slash suggestions, but the rest of the thread is fine.

For a shounen ai example, Descendants of Darkness (Yami no Matsuei). Tsuzuki and Hisoka form a close bond over the course of the series, and by the end spoiler[Hisoka jumps into a fire to save Tsuzuki and is unwilling to be the only one to make it out. His pleads are a deeply emotional confession: “I want you to exist even just for me. I don’t want to be left alone. This is the only place for me; just here, in your heart.”] More sexually explicit, homoerotic undertones come from Muraki. Muraki's interactions with everyone are sexual assault though, which unfortunately comes with the BL territory. He is a rapist: he has no compassion for his victims, his actions are meant to assert his dominance, and he takes what he wants.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Whenever a mention of Descendants of Darkness ever comes up, I feel compelled to give props to Edward MacLeod as Kazutaka Muraki. I could listen to that man all day -- it's a damned shame that that is the only role that he's ever done.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Amen to that! "Nagasaki certainly has a lot of hills..." is probably my favorite line in all of anime. The dry yet bemused way he says it seems to sum up his character in that one line. I also love how he waxes on about how fragile people are and can't escape death, then lights up a cigarette.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2