• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Super Pochako Gets a Tan for New Bikini Figure

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:49 am Reply with quote
Paulo27 wrote:
What the fudge. That head.

I agree. As far as BBW goes, it looks good, but her head looks like it was merely swapped from a thinner-looking figurine.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:36 am Reply with quote
Another recent example of a teenager getting a breast reduction is Ariel Winter. While I admit to being a boob fan, when it is causing back pain, I think that the said woman should get a reduction.
GalicianNightmare

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:03 am Reply with quote
@Kadmos1 Winter was a F cup (which is ginormous for any age) but became a mere D cup because of pervs, not because of back pain. She's a child, she doesn't need pervs objectifying her for no reason.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:05 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:

when they are that big.... it's in the creepy zone for me

saw this a few days ago

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/turning-18-turning-breast-reduction-surgery/story?id=31213023

Punky Brewster had to do the same thing when she was 16.

So seems there's future for pediatric gynecology!

It's all about the base.

what i didn't know is breasts enlargement is around $4000 while breasts reduction is around $10,000 !

i guess it's easier to put man-made stuffs in but,,, it will be more of the effort to remove the natural stuffs Confused

it's a good thing that insurance will cover for breasts reduction

Last edited by AnimeAddict2014 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:19 pm Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:

saw this a few days ago

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/turning-18-turning-breast-reduction-surgery/story?id=31213023

A moment of silence for Ariel Winter's 32F's.
IanC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:11 pm Reply with quote
She sorta reminds me of an ex of mine (she was a J cup. Sigh. Miss her, not just because of the boobs obviously)
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:19 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:

saw this a few days ago

What ever happened to loving what God gave you? What's wrong with people!
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:10 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:

saw this a few days ago

Pour one out for your home girls
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:14 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:

saw this a few days ago

I don't think this is about hating what she was gifted with, just that it made her feel sore, she didn't like the looks, let's be honest she was a very attractive young lady, still is, so she was going to get ogled regardless.

But if it's what she wants to feel comfortable that's fine.

It's strange, in today's world we've gotten so serious about accepting your body and, it's not all about being skinny and that it's okay to be curvy, but we really don't have much of a conversation when a "Big Name" like this does something to look less curvy.
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:13 pm Reply with quote
There's also a lot more people screeching that any character with big breasts is unrealistic, so there's quite a bit of body shaming going on amongst people claiming to fight sexism. Not helping is that "curvy" in anti-body shaming contexts tends to mean something closer to "obese".

All that said...
Quote:
chafing and bleeding caused by bra straps
I'm not an expert, but even I can tell that she was buying ones that are too small. I wonder how much of the increasing popularity of breast reduction surgery could be solved by getting people the right bra.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Around here, there are a lot of young women wearing clothes much too small for them, so there seems to be some degree of shaming in buying clothes large enough for them.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
I'm not an expert, but even I can tell that she was buying ones that are too small. I wonder how much of the increasing popularity of breast reduction surgery could be solved by getting people the right bra.

It isn't "popular" now or some kind of fad just because you've heard about it happening a few times, and "just getting the right bra" isn't the solution. Women get it to relieve themselves of a lifetime of crippling back pain.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:59 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Around here, there are a lot of young women wearing clothes much too small for them, so there seems to be some degree of shaming in buying clothes large enough for them.

That or they simply might like wearing them which explains the absurd obsession with "Skinny Jeans" for example.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
It isn't "popular" now or some kind of fad just because you've heard about it happening a few times, and "just getting the right bra" isn't the solution. Women get it to relieve themselves of a lifetime of crippling back pain.

Poly said increasing popularity which after a quick google search seems accurate.

Quote:
The popularity of this procedure has continued to build over the last decade. Breast reduction surgery has experienced a 6% increase in the last year. Source: PlasticSurgery.org.

TheAtlantic wrote:
Despite the insurance difficulties, breast reductions increased by 157 percent between 1997 and 2013, according to statistics from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

Link for the pdf where that number was pulled (chart on page 9):
http://www.surgery.org/sites/default/files/Stats2013_4.pdf

So yeah it isn't because Poly happened to hear about it a few times. It is because there are statistics showing a trend.

Snakebit1995 wrote:
It's strange, in today's world we've gotten so serious about accepting your body and, it's not all about being skinny and that it's okay to be curvy, but we really don't have much of a conversation when a "Big Name" like this does something to look less curvy.

Which has always been silly. It shouldn't be about skinny or curvy, but healthy. One of the main reasons for the surgery is health problems such as chronic back pain. Why exactly should there be a conversation about having surgery to reduce/eliminate chronic pain?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

I don't think this is about hating what she was gifted with, just that it made her feel sore, she didn't like the looks, let's be honest she was a very attractive young lady, still is, so she was going to get ogled regardless.

Well, this was said:
GalicianNightmare wrote:
@Kadmos1 Winter was a F cup (which is ginormous for any age) but became a mere D cup because of pervs, not because of back pain.

Anyways, here's how Japanese define pocchari and debu:

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3