• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Adds Hana Yori Dango, 07-Ghost, Beelzebub, Kyousougiga, Getter Robo: Armageddon, Z/X

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:48 am Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
Venus Wars on Blu-ray in North America.

FINALLY. I've waited long enough.

I wonder if they're gonna use that Italian 16mm transfer or get a 35mm copy and do an even better one. Even for 16mm, that BD looks just fantastic so I wouldn't be too disappointed if they got that instead. Cobra on BD sounds nice as well. Maybe they'll pick up Five Star Stories someday as well?
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:00 am Reply with quote
Supermutant wrote:
Love discotek. Awesome releases and can't wait for Lupin vs Conan ones in october.

Can't wait.

The only disappointment to go with the great pickups is that I wish Arpeggio of Blue Steel was getting a blu-ray from them (the dvd is already up on rightstuf), I loved the visuals in that and the awesome submarine action, it deserves more than DVD only, especially with Discotek starting to have some blu-rays planned now.

Hononotenshi wrote:
Oh oh and revisit 07-Ghost, I never finished it but remember I had a good time watching it.

I'll be revisiting this too.

Can't wait to own Kyousougiga.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:47 am Reply with quote
Wait... The Karate Master... fully subbed... This is amazing. I'm definitely buying that for Osamu Dezaki reasons.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kevinx59

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:50 am Reply with quote
Wow, Kyousogiga on blu ray from Discotek. I didn't expect that. Still, it's Arpeggio that I'm after. A shame it's only DVD. Hope it at least includes textless openings and endings.
supersqueak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:10 am Reply with quote
Yes!!! Good things come to those that wait!!! I am so glad I never invested in the singles now I cannot wait to own HYD? Is it just a dvd box set though or will it get a Blu-ray release as well? I guess either way I want it!! Shocked
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:40 am Reply with quote
Very happy about Kyousogiga

I just wish they had announced it at Otakon so I could have shown my excitement in person. Very Happy
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:20 am Reply with quote
Neat, I don't typically pay much attention to newer shows, but Kyousogiga did seem interesting to me. Hope they got the ONA eps too.

And wtf is Karate Master? Clearly, every license announcement wave needs at least one older series and this is it but... well I want robots and stuff. I mostly see that it's directed by Osamu Dezaki, which is a positive, but I also can't seem to get into any 70s shows (except a few very late 70s ones, like Rose of Versailles, which mostly aired in 1980). Or is this hopefully a subtle test where if we all buy this, they'll get Tomorrow's Joe or something.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:02 am Reply with quote
Well, well, well...someone in the west has grabbed Kyousougiga! They can take my money...but they were already going to be taking some due to Library Wars. Laughing
Key

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:35 am Reply with quote
Like many others, I'm very happy to see Kyousogiga get claimed. It was my top series pick for 2013 and would easily make my Top 10 (if not Top 5) for the 2010s. Well worth a look, and the Blu-Ray will be in my collection.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Triltaison

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:18 am Reply with quote
Oo! Karate Master and a release date for Night on the Galactic Railroad! Other than that, I'm glad to see Hana Yori Dango coming back into print but I'm really surprised they also picked up the movie.

I forgot that 07-Ghost was that long ago... Guess I should give up on that sequel.
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:05 pm Reply with quote
I am a happy bunny right now.

Go Discotek!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3