• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Endless Waltz Altron Gundam, The Origin Gouf Get Figures

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hinugundam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Already got that MG Altron preordered. Can't wait for Heavyarms Custom and, my favorite, Sandrock Custom.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:20 pm Reply with quote
The Endless Altron looks even more awesome and formidable with its Team Beam Trident in hand.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:18 pm Reply with quote
This is not a figure. This is a Gundam model kit or known as Gunpla
The writer choose wrong term, figure usually used for anime characters statue(no poseable figure)which is no assembly needed while scale model kit or plamo/plastic model need to assemble and paint. No matter what it is based from(scale model vehicle,mecha or anime character) model kit is still called as model kit.

The Gundam which is already made to play right out from the box usually called as action figure toys. Robot Damashii/Robot Spirit, Fix Figuration and Metal Build fall into this line

Last edited by Hikarunu on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
MadHi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:32 pm Reply with quote
@Hikarunu: I was thinking the exact same thing.

The Altron looks spot on accurate minus the red retracting arms, in the movie they were bright red. At least it gives me an excuse to paint them metallic red.
hinugundam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
and paint.

Pfft. I have been building Gundam models, particularly Master Grades, for greater than 12 years, and I only see a need to apply small amounts of paint, mostly panel lines. I know most people enjoy weathering and custom paint schemes and effects, but I just like building them, and master grades can look pretty good with just panel lines and decals.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:00 pm Reply with quote
A little odd seeing an 100mm machine gun on a Gouf.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm Reply with quote
hinugundam wrote:

Pfft. I have been building Gundam models, particularly Master Grades, for greater than 12 years, and I only see a need to apply small amounts of paint, mostly panel lines. I know most people enjoy weathering and custom paint schemes and effects, but I just like building them, and master grades can look pretty good with just panel lines and decals.

typical straight builders argument
Gunpla not only have MGs but other grade too which is some painting needed.. never heard HG or SD kit?
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
hinugundam wrote:

Gunpla not only have MGs but other grade too which is some painting needed.. never heard HG or SD kit?

Has someone who has recently put together a MG I garee with hinugundam save for pannel lining and and certain decals I didn't need to apply much paint to it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Rusty Shackleford

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:

You say that like it's a bad thing. Razz
While I haven't actually fully a painted a gunpla, I have painted the weapons of the kits I've built to make them pop. With fine grit sandpaper (800 grit or better) you can make the nub marks dissapear like they were never there in the first place. Plus you don't have to worry about chipping or damaging a paintjob in general use. Laughing While I do intend to paint the next Gunpla I get, I understand the reasons why some folks choose not to paint their kits.
Edit: Def gonna have to pic up at least the prototype gouf at some point, maybe it'll be the first one I'll fully paint.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:09 am Reply with quote
Another highly demanded kit being released as a limited online exclusive, marking it up considerable and making it generally inaccessible to anyone outside of Asia.

Which is ridiculous, considering that A) It appeared in animation, and B) 10 other "Endless Waltz"-branded MGs are regular releases (only 2/4 of which actually appeared in the anime). All of which make the prospect of the remaining Endless Waltz Gundams being released regularly grim.
MaxGoof

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:15 am Reply with quote
I'm kind of bummed that that's the version of the Altron being made. Did Bandai forget us TV Gundam Wing fans need an Altron too? =/
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Most of these branded kits, are branded under the most recent Manga Adapation Gundam Wing Endless Walts Glory to the Losers, it's really apprent with the units like the MG Epyon and MG Proto Zero (or as I call it TV Zero).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:00 am Reply with quote
LuckyAstei wrote:

Has someone who has recently put together a MG I garee with hinugundam save for pannel lining and and certain decals I didn't need to apply much paint to it.

sigh, you also didn't get my point

Rusty Shackleford wrote:

I trying to make a definition what plamo should be, doesnt necessary only means gunpla but other type of plamo too, like for example military kit, definitely need painting, and even the glue too but I didn't include it since its fall into assembling stage

but he commented like gunpla is the only plamo right now
it is good that gunpla are color molded so you dont need to paint by default
but the attitude is not, like he making fun with people who painted their kits

gunpla are supposed to be fun, either you straight build it or trying to make it different
Fatt_One

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:17 pm Reply with quote
MaxGoof wrote:
I'm kind of bummed that that's the version of the Altron being made. Did Bandai forget us TV Gundam Wing fans need an Altron too? =/

It'll probably happen, the tv designs are significantly less popular so you might be waiting a while for that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:47 am Reply with quote
LuckyAstei wrote:
Most of these branded kits, are branded under the most recent Manga Adapation Gundam Wing Endless Walts Glory to the Losers, it's really apprent with the units like the MG Epyon and MG Proto Zero (or as I call it TV Zero).

The fact of the matter is that most of those kits didn't appear in the Endless Waltz anime, and are basically unknown to a majority of people. And yet they're kits are readily available to everbody.

Meanwhile Altron/Nataku plays a significant part in the show, yet it's MG (which fans have demanded since 2011) is now relegated to P-Bandai, making harder to obtain, not to mention costing more than it worth.

Fatt_One wrote:
MaxGoof wrote:

It'll probably happen, the tv designs are significantly less popular so you might be waiting a while for that.

With P-Bandai in existence, I'm suspecting getting Master Grade kits of any non-lead Gundam from a moderately successful series will be a lot more difficult.
Hikarunu wrote:
Rusty Shackleford wrote:

I trying to make a definition what plamo should be, doesnt necessary only means gunpla but other type of plamo too, like for example military kit, definitely need painting, and even the glue too but I didn't include it since its fall into assembling stage

but he commented like gunpla is the only plamo right now
it is good that gunpla are color molded so you don't need to paint by default
but the attitude is not, like he making fun with people who painted their kits

gunpla are supposed to be fun, either you straight build it or trying to make it different

Admitting that you don't paint or don't like to paint is hardly making fun of those that do. And don't try and act like a painted gunpla is automatically superior; bad paint jobs exist and some do make things look worse. But as they say, "Gunpla is freedom".

And as someone who does paint, I'm more interested in pleasing myself first.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2