• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love Live! Film's Japanese Blu-ray Contains English Subtitles

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Actar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:28 am Reply with quote
Excellent. Wish more Japanese releases would do this to entice more foreigners to buy direct.
synaia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:43 am Reply with quote
That's nice to hear, might import it. Probably gonna take a bit for NISA to release it, still waiting on s2 release details of them.

Both s1 and s2 supposingly had english subs included on the Japanese bd/dvd according to cdjapan.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:23 am Reply with quote
At the rate that NIS is going we might not see the movie's US release until the end of next year for around the same price. Be better to go after this release.
SpeckTech

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:10 am Reply with quote
great for everyone who can't go see the movie in 2 weeks.
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:35 am Reply with quote
It'll take more than subtitles to make me pay those prices for a film. Much, much more.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:51 am Reply with quote
Well considering that both seasons of the show had English subtitles on the Blu-rays and the movie is getting a worldwide screening this isn't really news to me.

What I'm interested in is whether Madman is going to be selling these like they did with Madoka Rebellion or I should just buy it directly from Japan.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:
At the rate that NIS is going we might not see the movie's US release until the end of next year for around the same price. Be better to go after this release.

Oh tell me about it Anime hyper We still don't even have the season 2 sets yet and even though I loved the series when I watched it sub only, as someone who prefers dubs when given the choice since they've announced they will be dubbing this series the wait for those dubbed sets make it even more painful Sad haha
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Regular edition please, I don't have any of the seasons on BD but I have some of the CDs since Love Live is a musical gold mine just like Idolm@ster.
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Their destroying the middle-man!
jirg1901

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
It'll take more than subtitles to make me pay those prices for a film. Much, much more.

What, did you think there wasn't?

The LE has a novel, a music CD, a concert BD, a 28 page booklet, and SIF code. Not all of that is relevant to English only buyers but it's hardly a lack of content.
Kyosuke_

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:28 pm Reply with quote
jirg1901 wrote:
Lemonchest wrote:

The LE has a novel, a music CD, a concert BD, a 28 page booklet, and SIF code. Not all of that is relevant to English only buyers but it's hardly a lack of content.

Don't forget a lottery ballot for the next live concert in Japan (date/place as yet unannounced). Again, mostly relevant to Japanese people but I know people including myself that plan on going to the concert.
Ejc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:14 am Reply with quote
>> The film eventually earned more than 2.4 billion yen (about US$19 million) as of August 16, 65 days after the film opened at the box office.

There's an updated figure available now from Bunkatsushin:
http://www.bunkatsushin.com/news/article.aspx?id=106403

2.52 billion yen after the 12th weekend (79 days).

Kyosuke_ wrote:
jirg1901 wrote:
Lemonchest wrote:

Don't forget a lottery ballot for the next live concert in Japan (date/place as yet unannounced). Again, mostly relevant to Japanese people but I know people including myself that plan on going to the concert.

If it's like last year... good luck winning the right to buy the concert ticket from the lottery. Some who bought multiple copies last time, were not successful in the lottery, so if the fanbase has grown since then due to the mobile game and the movie, then the lottery will be even more fierce. Of course there are seats at theatres to watch a live stream of the concert for those unsuccessful, but it's not the same as being in the SSA watching Muse live!

The number of seats available is incredibly low compared to how big the Love Live fanbase is. Makes me wonder why they choose to hold it at the SSA, rather than a bigger venue because they definitely have the fanbase to fill the SSA multiple times over. I suppose it's more intimate with the fans holding the concert at a smaller venue?

Hoppy800 wrote:
Regular edition please, I don't have any of the seasons on BD but I have some of the CDs since Love Live is a musical gold mine just like Idolm@ster.

The RE has hardly anything on it compared to the LE, which has:

● 6th live application serial code
● newly written novel
● μ's original song CD
● μ's Fan Meeting Tour 2015 footage
● Movie Manner CM
● 28 page booklet
● Loveca+ card
● Mobile game Sukufesu serial code
● everything the RE has
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
Excellent. Wish more Japanese releases would do this to entice more foreigners to buy direct.

Yeah. It can't be THAT expensive or time-consuming compared to the extra sales you will make through the international audience, most of whom pretty much have to read English in some capacity.
Netoxic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:28 am Reply with quote
The movie is also premiering in Mexico on September 12 in select cities and will also air on the rest of the country for the following weeks.
SpeckTech

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Netoxic wrote:
The movie is also premiering in Mexico on September 12 in select cities and will also air on the rest of the country for the following weeks.

it's being shown in several cities on the 12th. One is in D.C. for example.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1