• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Concrete Revolutio (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Like the last episode it was stronger for not jumping back and forth between the present and the future. It still felt kind of rushed and some stuff don't really make sense. Why would the protestors suddenly want their monster buddy to rampage?
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Like the last episode it was stronger for not jumping back and forth between the present and the future. It still felt kind of rushed and some stuff don't really make sense. Why would the protestors suddenly want their monster buddy to rampage?

Same reason kid Jiro did. Seemed to me like the whole "the kaiju inside all humans" was being explored the entire episode, and the ending being the people taking the whole kaiju being made of human's anger a bit literally.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:34 pm Reply with quote
That still doesn't make sense. Their whole purpose was to show that kaiju can be friendly. The kid who considered it his brother most of all wouldn't want it to be deemed a threat and thus eliminated.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:41 pm Reply with quote
They were running on instinct, not thinking.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:12 am Reply with quote
I think the others were just kinda crazy, but the kid was shining the flashlight in its eyes to make it mad so it could recover from the attacks and fight back.

What was not clear to me was why the Bureau needed to kill it. It was a pretty peaceful beast unless attacked.

On a lighter note, is this a face or what? Laughing

killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:57 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
What was not clear to me was why the Bureau needed to kill it. It was a pretty peaceful beast unless attacked.

It was being used to turn public opinion into pro-kaiju, which the Bureau doesn't want. Having it go mad before being killed might've even been for the better for them.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:16 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

"Do you feel like a hero yet?" That is a line from a video game I am quite fond of, Spec Ops: The Line. I won't go into what makes it such a big message with that game, but it is one that talks about how you can do everything with the idea that you are a hero, you can kill all the bad guys against your moral compass. But does that make you a hero when what you might be doing is be the real monster.

What we found out here, that the bureau pretty much created the Kaiju situation, and also used a group to be a scapegoat, here they had to deal with them when they got out of control. But were they bad? Or simply react on instinct of what they went through, that the people up top have more responsibility for than simply getting violent? And if that guy who could predict what to do, it actually seems more logical he knew that MegaGon would take the damage and then start to go on a rampage.

Also, I would say that you could argue scarf Jiro was perhaps somewhat in the episode, we saw him have a scarf on his mecha towards the end, which had some symbolism.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:03 pm Reply with quote
This episode was also on the better side of things. Here the future stuff was simply a framing device rather than telling two halfs of the same story simultaneously.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:39 pm Reply with quote
So we got bands, mafia, giant robots, and other shenanigans now in this show. I wonder what else this series has to offer Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:10 pm Reply with quote
episode six

I wonder how loyal that marketing woman really is, considering she's simply paid for. While she feels like a solid part of the "villains" team, that's just good self-promotion on her part. I'm looking forward to how her involvement ultimately plays out. Unless I'm mistaken, we've seen no sign of her or what became of her in the future clips.

I really dug the whole second-rate superheroes thing the episode did. It was more fun than I was expecting it to be.
AKS-Jack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:28 am Reply with quote
That ED has me thinking it's the 3rd coming of Bruce Timm's Justice League. Same to the mish-mash of hero genres.

The animation style, with it's intentionally retro-character designs has me thinking of Cyborg 009 or Android Kikaider. The latter also has that tendency of constantly shifting the narrative.

Then there's the huge following the "beasts" received to the point of protesters intentionally encouraging GaGon to go on a rampage. While "ineffability" was certainly coming to mind in what, precisely, they were fascinated about, they also reminded me of another group.

That being, the Servants of Creatures Arriving Late to Earth from the Zilla animated tv series, though the protesters of *this* series weren't to the same scale.

Anyway, I'am still undecided as to if I truly like the series or not, as I do feel that I'm giving it a wider berth for narrative tricks that I wouldn't for others... Yet, I'am enjoying the stream of consciousness it's provoking, and I do wish to see if it can properly tie together all of its disparate parts.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:49 am Reply with quote
Feels like the episode had a decent amount of colorful action especially involving Earth-chan and then ended on a peaceful note although the reality is....

Eh....not sure how I feel about that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Another actually good episode. Certainly helped that it had ample amounts of Kikko and a cutie voiced by Ayana Taketatsu.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:26 pm Reply with quote
episode seven

Earth-chan may have usurped Kikko as my favorite character in the series. Seeing how she has/has not changed and what she makes of the scarf-Jiro future when she is (most likely) revived is now the thing I most look forward to.

I wonder if we'll get more detail on Earth-chan? Kikko's induction as to why Earth-chan was created makes me wonder if we'll ever get concrete information about her creator's intentions.

Of course, the character named Judas betrays the Bureau in the scarf-Jiro future.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:02 am Reply with quote
Wait, is Earth-chan's father Astro Boy? Or is he just her dream dad? Funny either way. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9