• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Attack on Titan: Junior High (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

I did like Mikasa's should be insightful explanation of Eren being wrong and instead about herself.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Thank goodness Sasha is still relevant in this spinoff parody. Same for Hange since she got a bit of experimenting with Titans. (parodied from the original season btw during the second half).

Poor Sasha though. Those test scores needs a bit work with D:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Damn you, Attack on Titan spin offs. First the live action movies and now this... You really want me to ship Sasha/Armin, don't you? Even though there's no basis for it in the main series, grr...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Didn't this break some of the lore of this spinoff from Sawney and Bean trying to eat Hanji?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Some one's got you tied up in a backroom for science, you're gonna attack them with whatever body part you can move enough.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Well I kind of guessed pretty early that the love letter was spoiler[from a Titan]. Although I did not expect spoiler[the moe Titan].
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Ah, a courage test this week against the Eren and his friends. With all the "scary" gimmicks, the Mona Lisa one actually caught my attention the most:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9:

Lol Summer Festival. More like the time for summer love.

The ending trolled me hard though. I mean, they had such a good mood going! At least Annie looked really cute in her yutaka.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

To be honest I was not even sure who spoiler[Bertholdt] was.

(Warning: I feel like you should not read any of these spoilers unless you had a specifically odd realisations about the actual main series. All I know is what has been shown in anime, so I am not bringing in any information that is not entirely relevant.)

Wait.... maybe I should not have watched this episode. Well it had been in the back of my mind that spoiler[Reiner looked a lot like the armoured Titan], but suddenly figuring out that spoiler[Bertholdt defining trait seems to be that he is taller than others] seems to have done something this series really should not have done. More than that, they spoiler[gave Annie a mask of the female titan] while they gave spoiler[Berthodlt something else in particular].

I am reading too much into this, right? This series would not do something so compromising, right? Towards the end of the episode I could not help thinking that spoiler[the head shape worked way too well]. If so, I am pretty annoyed at the creators of this series.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:55 pm Reply with quote
A fair warning.

If you don't want any spoilers for Season 2 because you haven't read or are up-to-date with the manga, then basically don't watch the show anymore.

Because if you haven't worked it out already, then they really did a number on you with this episode. I'd be pretty darn annoyed if it had happened to me.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Election...

I think the episode had a reference/parody of Eren when he was put in the courtroom before from the original season. Oh poor Jean, Reiner, etc. They just wanted to be popular for their own ridiculous reasons lol

Is it also just me or does Annie looked a bit scar this episode?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:17 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I think the episode had a reference/parody of Eren when he was put in the courtroom before from the original season. Oh poor Jean, Reiner, etc. They just wanted to be popular for their own ridiculous reasons lol

There were a few quite strong ones. Among my favourite was with with Ilse, who was part of I think the first OVA episode of Attack on Titan. By memory her story was told by Levi finding and reasing her journal entries in her book that was found on her corpse which was being kept on a tree, which was the joke with how she kept getting intercepted in the same place.

I think Armin's speech in favour of Eren was a parody of when people find out he can turn into a titan and Armin has to convince the people he is not a threat, which although a good speech ends up failing. We even got to see the frightened captain, Kitts Woerman, as a teacher, fittingly freaking out.

Whoa, talking about teacher I just figured out something rather interesting about their drill instructor, Keight Shadis. I don't know if it is meant to be hidden, if you have a good eye and look at it side by side you should be able to see it pretty simply. Keith actually appears in the first episode of Attack on Titan, he spoiler[is the commander of the survey corps that gets defeated]. picture.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:35 pm Reply with quote
LOL, Armin really did become a trap now at the festival. Funny.

Also, Ymir causing chaos with her "attacks" on Reiner's food.
What I find more amusing is how the episode parodied at least two episodes from the original series. (one being end of episode 4 I believe and another one about Hange's experimentation involving the captured Titans).

Christa <3
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:55 pm Reply with quote
I think the end was also a parody of the first episode where Eren is yelling about his mother being left behind to the mercy of the Titans, while instead it was the food stand. Thus why the lines of being trapped in a cage was echoed in the preview this time.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Ha, the parodied a bunch of episodes from the original series for the finale namely episodes 3-4, one of the later episodes when Eren blocked the gate with a boulder, etc.

Lol, the "cute Titan" made a cameo too. Poor Jean.
Overall, funny show. I mean, it's not something entirely memorable but it had its moments.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3