• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANN App~ ?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animelover58

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:56 pm Reply with quote
I was just wondering if you guys have ever considered making an app for ANN. If you did I think it would be really cool and i would recommend it to my friends who are looking for information about anything anime or manga related Very Happy
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind a ANN app, but I can just access ANN website on my smartphone via my smartphone web browser.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Animelover58 wrote:
I was just wondering if you guys have ever considered making an app for ANN. If you did I think it would be really cool and i would recommend it to my friends who are looking for information about anything anime or manga related Very Happy

I asked this same question last year at Otakon at their panel actually. That was the 2013 one to be precise. I was told at that point that no they hadn't considered it really. Though perhaps that has changed.
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:22 am Reply with quote
I'm sure I heard somewhere that they just don't have the staff or the money to make and maintain one.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:29 am Reply with quote
If I remember correctly Chris (Tempest) said, at that time, that with the redesign of the forum/website layout it was going to be more user friendly in terms of smart phones and tablets etc. That with that new design, as in it fits the screen properly to your device and the overall layout, there wasn't really a need for a specific ANN app. I think that was the gist of it. Please correct me if I am wrong Zac/Chris/Justin.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:05 pm Reply with quote
With the new site design, the need for an app is diminished in our opinion.

We still want to create an app, but it isn't at the top of our priority list.

Encyclopedia 2.0 is at the top of our priority list, and right now we don't have the resources to do them both.

Fixing the current layout to work better on phones is however close to the top of our priority list. We're actively discussing what needs to be done right now.

-t
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I had an ANN app for iPhone for several years. I stopped really working around mid-2013. I had actually came online this evening to ask if ANN was ever going to update it.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:26 pm Reply with quote
We won't be updating the old app.

I really want to create a new one, but there are much more important priorities.

Right now I simply can't give you any eta on a new app. We just don't have the resources to make one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1