• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
club resources

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pottsusensei

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:22 pm Reply with quote
I hope this is in the right place Confused I'm new to the forum, and I think this would be a great place to get some advice. I am currently running an anime club in an urban high school in Gardena, CA. This year we have a pretty big following, and I'm trying to make this club something really special for them, and possibly interest some new members. I've been looking all around for subscriptions and different anime/manga publications, but for whatever reason I'm not finding much. I've already reached out to a few publications, and I'm awaiting feedback. I was wondering if you knew of any other subscriptions we could look at. Cosplay magazines are also welcome!! Thank you!
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:32 pm Reply with quote
You are not finding much because print magazines are a dying field. In the US, Otaku, U.S.A. is the only magazine about anime and manga left. It comes out every two months.

If you or some of your club members read Japanese, New Type and Magami magazines should be available through your local comic shop though you may have to special order them. They are likely also available through some on line sources.

I don't know if there are any US magazines concerning cosplay. Perhaps someone else could answer that.
pottsusensei

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
You are not finding much because print magazines are a dying field. In the US, Otaku, U.S.A. is the only magazine about anime and manga left. It comes out every two months.

If you or some of your club members read Japanese, New Type and Magami magazines should be available through your local comic shop though you may have to special order them. They are likely also available through some on line sources.

I don't know if there are any US magazines concerning cosplay. Perhaps someone else could answer that.

That makes a lot of sense actually. Thanks for the feedback! I only have 3 members that speak Japanese. The rest are English, Spanish, and poor Spanish.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1