• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Summer 2011 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:38 pm Reply with quote
BunnyCupCakes wrote:
For some reason, the opening to Uta no Prince-sama amuses me Laughing
(some of the comments on NicoNico made me chuckle)

there are quite a few reasons for that, but i won't mention any sites lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RestLessone

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Happy for the summer anime season. Not much on my radar now, though I have this urge to check out the Nyanpire/Nyampire thing.

By the way...Does anyone have a full list of the summer anime? I would like to keep up.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:39 pm Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
If possible, could the reviewers list which site they used to watch each show? I see a plug for where they watched Uta-sama (Niconico.com), but not one for Ikoku Meiro no Croisée. It would be really helpful to know where to go to watch the series. Thanks!

There is no place to legally watch Ikoku Meiro as of yet. The only way is through fansubs. If there is a way to watch the show legally, then the reviewers are sure to put it at the bottom of their guide post.

Last edited by Megiddo on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:43 pm Reply with quote
RestlessOne wrote:
Happy for the summer anime season. Not much on my radar now, though I have this urge to check out the Nyanpire/Nyampire thing.

By the way...Does anyone have a full list of the summer anime? I would like to keep up.

refer to this chart here
http://moetron.com/uploads/0110602_summer_guide.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RestLessone

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
RestlessOne wrote:

refer to this chart here
http://moetron.com/uploads/0110602_summer_guide.jpg

Thank you!
Gasero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:02 pm Reply with quote
merr wrote:
Is there any way to have the guide organized by show rather than by critic? That would make it a lot easier to compare people's impressions.
Yeah, I know it may be some extra work the first time, but I really don't see why these lists have never been improved to be more efficient for readers. It would help a lot Zac (or whoever works on it).

There are two ways I see that it can be done:
1) Give each show its own page and use that as the list instead of each reviewer. The main page text for each anime of the season can be updated as the reviewers provide their previews.

2) Make a table format with the anime as the rows and reviewers as the columns. Whenever a reviewer updates, match the row with the column and provide a link to that section of the reviewers page.

Also, why go through the hard work of this summer 2011 anime list if you won't promote it in the preview guide as well? Here, let me help:

------>>>>>animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-06-20/list-of-summer-season-2011-tv-anime-in-japan/<<<<<------
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Kyaa the Catlord wrote:
tenebrusmke79 wrote:
It's interesting that there wasn't a review of Nura Demon Capital when it was shown yesterday.

I believe most of the reviewers were kinda busy with the big event on the west coast. Very Happy

Actually, it has more to do with the possibility that no one doing previews watched the first season - and after complaints we've gotten in the past, we have taken up the policy of not reviewing later seasons if we didn't see the earlier ones.

And to answer another question: Megiddo is right. If you don't see a "streaming at" reference at the end of a preview then that means that there isn't a legal streaming source for the title.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Gasero wrote:
Yeah, I know it may be some extra work the first time, but I really don't see why these lists have never been improved to be more efficient for readers. It would help a lot Zac (or whoever works on it).

"Whoever works on it", in terms of format, editing, and updating is literally only me. Also not everyone sees listing things by show as an improvement - I've heard from plenty of people telling me they prefer it by critic so they can decide which voices they want to hear and which they don't.

Quote:

There are two ways I see that it can be done:
1) Give each show its own page and use that as the list instead of each reviewer. The main page text for each anime of the season can be updated as the reviewers provide their previews.

2) Make a table format with the anime as the rows and reviewers as the columns. Whenever a reviewer updates, match the row with the column and provide a link to that section of the reviewers page.

Giving each show its own page is likely the only option that is as fast and efficient, update-wise, as it is now. I'll explore that in the Fall. This guide is already a tremendous amount of work. I don't need it to be more work.

Quote:

Also, why go through the hard work of this summer 2011 anime list if you won't promote it in the preview guide as well? Here, let me help:

------>>>>>animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-06-20/list-of-summer-season-2011-tv-anime-in-japan/<<<<<------

Yeah, forgot that. Perhaps I had other things going on over the last 5 days. Whoops.
cyberbeing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:23 pm Reply with quote
It's seems possible we may have a number of delayed (non-)simulcasts this season.

NicoNico has hidden temp pages setup for the following beyond what they've already announced:

Morita-san wa Mukuchi
Kamisama no Memochou
Baka to Test 2
Ikoku Meiro no Croisée
Pretty Rhythm: Aurora Dream
Yuruyuri
Kamisama Dolls

Edit: samuelp confirmed the above will only be shown on nicovideo.jp for Japanese region viewers.

Crunchyroll already got Natsume's Book of Friends 3, Yuruyuri, Kamisama Dolls, Sacred Seven, and looks like they may get Usagi Drop as well as 6 more yet-to-be-announced (prospective series including the ones NicoNico has temp pages for). It's possible that because NicoNico is also doing simulcasts, the additional competition may have made acquiring streaming rights take longer than expected for both companies. We'll see what happens in the coming weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised if a number of the already aired stuff gets picked-up.

Last edited by cyberbeing on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 pm Reply with quote
cyberbeing wrote:
It's seems possible we may have a number of delayed (non-)simulcasts this season.

NicoNico has hidden temp pages setup for the following beyond what they've already announced:

Morita-san wa Mukuchi
Kamisama no Memochou
Baka to Test 2
Ikoku Meiro no Croisée
Pretty Rhythm: Aurora Dream
Yuruyuri
Kamisama Dolls

Crunchyroll already got Natsume's Book of Friends 3, Yuruyuri, Kamisama Dolls, Sacred Seven, and looks like they may get Usagi Drop as well as 6 more yet-to-be-announced (prospective series including the ones NicoNico has temp pages for). It's possible that because NicoNico is also doing simulcasts, the additional competition may have made acquiring streaming rights take longer than expected for both companies. We'll see what happens in the coming weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised if a number of the already aired stuff gets picked-up.

From what i know I only thought nico nico was going to do 2 simual-cast for the states and the rest where going to be region restricted. The only two I have seen on there so far are the ones are Twin angles and Uta No Prince Sama
cyberbeing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:49 pm Reply with quote
NicoNico only announced they were streaming BLOOD-C and Uta no Prince Sama, but it looks like it really is everything on the following page: http://ch.niconico.com/

As for the other series not on that page, who knows. Still negotiating licenses, failed license pick-ups, possible re-streaming of whatever Crunchyroll acquires, or different regions as you mentioned. Japanese region only.

Last edited by cyberbeing on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:30 pm Reply with quote
cyberbeing wrote:
NicoNico only announced they were streaming BLOOD-C and Uta no Prince Sama, but it looks like it really is everything on the following page: http://ch.niconico.com/

As for the other series not on that page, who knows. Still negotiating licenses, failed license pick-ups, possible re-streaming of whatever Crunchyroll acquires, or different regions as you mentioned.

Tried to watch Twin Angel on Nico Nico (curious to see if it worked/had no interest in the show itself) and this appeared on my screen
Quote:
The video cannot be played
This video can only be viewed by those who live in the same area as the uploader

Does anyone know what the "area as the uploader" is?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Not sure, but I was able to watch Twin Angel just fine in the USA.

EDIT: Though I turned it off after 5 minutes. Yikes.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Not sure, but I was able to watch Twin Angel just fine in the USA.

EDIT: Though I turned it off after 5 minutes. Yikes.

Okay i re-read that my mistake.. oh god j.c.staff WHY.jpg...
domino

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:55 pm Reply with quote
I watched Uta no Prince-sama on niconico.com's official stream. It's a 2/5 show that magically turns into a 4/5 show the second you enable the niconico comments. That site is amazing.

I'll definitely keep watching it in all of its cheesy glory for the amusing commentary.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 30