• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sentai Filmworks / Maiden Japan / AEsir Holdings / ADV Films Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Nozaki (regular edition) and Utawarerumono OVA's for me
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:03 pm Reply with quote
When they Cry on BD? Huh, I'll be curious to see what it looks like. I've got the original on DVDs, it would have to be a serious upgrade in quality for me to double dip.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:34 pm Reply with quote
The March 2016 slate is very solid. I am so happy and glad that Waiting in the Summer will finally be released on BD. I was starting to lose hope that it was ever going to happen. The inclusion of an English dub would have been perfect, but BD was more important to me, and the OVA (which I have not watched) is a nice addition.

I am surprised Sentai was not even considering a dub for Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun initially. The show was well received when it was being streamed.

And I might buy the Celestial Method BD down the road.

Last edited by Angel M Cazares on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:11 am Reply with quote
Nice! All 26 episodes for Higurashi! I was afraid they'd do half sets. Now, I can maybe finally own Higurashi Kai! I'll pre-order this at work though, now that I get that sweet discount (at least for Funi titles, it hovers around 45% off for new releases, at least for DVD). But hooray, it's on Blu-Ray too! Not that this show really needs it, it is a bit old in that regard.

Of course, what I really really REALLY need is Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Soon....soon....
phia_one

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:51 am Reply with quote
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun for me! I've also been meaning to give Celestial Method a try.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Nozaki-kun and Celestial Method have my interest for March.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:54 am Reply with quote
Nozaki-Kun standard BD is a must buy for me- but they weren't planning on dubbing it? Their business decisions continue to underwhelm me. Maybe they really should stick to streaming?

Higurashi I'm so going to- wait, I know this game; We're going to be doing the Familiar of Zerodub/sub switch all over again and the second season is just going to be dumped out on BD and DVD as something that should be a bonus to the first season, seeing how little they care about it.

I'm not falling for it again; I still haven't figured out to do with my BD of Familiar of Zero with its big 1 in a star on its cover. I'm still hoping they'll do something better with their license of it but then again, I'm still hoping Nichijou will get licensed and dubbed.

Now if they did Higurashi half sets with a new dub, I'd be all over that.

Utawarerumono OVAs? I really love the show, I own the DVD set. Funimation's DVD set. Ok, this goes back to my main problem with Sentai's logic; Why treasure licenses they don't have while skimping on the ones they do? Also, I've bought enough "gotcha!" releases from them, I don't need a separate release for something that honestly should be DVD number 5.

Wizard Barristers... Underwhelmed? It's frankly depressing.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:38 am Reply with quote
I am definitely ordering Nozaki-Kun Special Edition but waiting to see if anything else I want is coming out in March.

I've been having problems updating orders with TRSI and they no longer ship partial orders.
The Count

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
I am definitely ordering Nozaki-Kun Special Edition but waiting to see if anything else I want is coming out in March.

I've been having problems updating orders with TRSI and they no longer ship partial orders.
They still do ship partial orders. I've recently had a few of my orders split up and shipped.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:19 am Reply with quote
The Count wrote:
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:

They still do ship partial orders. I've recently had a few of my orders split up and shipped.

Well maybe that was your experience but not mine. They weren't shipping manga I ordered that was already released because I had something else on order that was coming out later. This is what the customer service rep told me when I asked.

Actually I've been having a lot of issues with TRSI lately.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:53 am Reply with quote
@Maidenoftheredhand

Check out the thread "New RightStufAnime.com" below.

The problem with partial shipments was temporary and has been resolved. If you have other issues, post there, they are very aggressive about making everyone happy with their service.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:19 pm Reply with quote
http://www.sentaifilmworks.com/news/parasyte-the-maxim-collection-1-premium-box-set-contents-revealed
Quote:
PARASYTE -THE MAXIM- COLLECTION 1 PREMIUM BOX SET CONTENTS REVEALED!
12/16/2015 11:22:12 PM

Parasyte -the maxim- has become one of the top anime on Toonami, and what better way to celebrate its immense success than with an awesome release? We're very happy to reveal the Parasyte -the maxim- Limited Edition Premium Box Set! We've broken up the contents for you guys to view below. Let's take a look at the first collection box set, and everything that's in it!

CHIPBOARD BOX

The Parasyte -the maxim- chipboard box is made of sturdy cardboard, that can be used to deflect unwanted pokes, lingering stares and occasionally fleshy shaped knife like appendages. The front and back art is designed to scare away would be predators, should the situation turn from your favor.

DVD/BLU-RAY COMBO

The Parasyte Premium Box Set comes with both a Blu-ray and DVD version of the first 12 episodes of the series, detailing the beginning of the Parasyte invasion on Earth, Shinichi's transformation from unassuming background character to raving badass, and Migi's ascention from flubby bookworm to bonafide wrist rocket.

EXTRAS BOX

The Extras box contains all the goodies that come along with the premium box set. The artwork may be familiar to many of you, since it's the show's key art (the defining and identifying image that goes along with every title).

GOODIES

Inside the Extras box you will find some awesome Migi inspired temporary tattoos so you can brew up your own parasyte in house, and a nifty lense wipe for your glasses in case you get any kind of foreign matter on them, bloody or otherwise. Finally we have one of the most interesting items in the set: the Green-eyed Migi Be@rbrick collectable figure from Medicom Toys. This bad boy is exclusive to the Parasyte Premium Box Set, so heads up all you Be@rbrick collectors out there!

There you have it, the Parasyte -the maxim- Limited Edition Premium Box Set! Preorders for the set will be up soon, make sure to follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook for additional info and to find out when it will be available!
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Up @ TRSI...

AEsir Holdings
- Princess Tutu: Complete Collection (Re-release) - 650 minutes - $39.98 - 4/19/16

Sentai Filmworks
- Gugure! Kokkuri-san: Complete Collection (DVD) - 300 minutes - $49.98 - 4/12/16 [sub only]
- Gugure! Kokkuri-san: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 300 minutes - $59.98 - 4/12/16 [sub only]
- Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere: Complete Collection (DVD) - 650 minutes - $79.98 - 4/12/16
- Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 650 minutes - $99.98 - 4/12/16
- Parasyte -the maxim-: Collection 1 (DVD) - 300 minutes - $59.98 - 4/5/16
- Parasyte -the maxim-: Collection 1 (Blu-ray) - 300 minutes - $69.98 - 4/5/16
- Parasyte -the maxim-: Collection 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) - 300 minutes - $139.98 - 4/5/16
- Rail Wars!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 300 minutes - $59.98 - 4/5/16 [sub only]
- Sakura Wars (TV): Complete Collection (Sentai Selects) - 625 minutes - $29.98 - 4/5/16
- Space Brothers: Collection 8 (DVD) - 300 minutes - $49.98 - 4/26/16 [sub only]
- Space Brothers: Collection 8 (Blu-ray) - 300 minutes - $59.98 - 4/26/16 [sub only]
- Tonari no Seki-kun - The Master of Killing Time: Complete Collection (DVD) - 168 minutes - $39.98 - 4/12/16
- Tonari no Seki-kun - The Master of Killing Time: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 168 minutes - $49.98 - 4/12/16
- Yamishibai - Japanese Ghost Stories: Seasons 1 & 2 Collection (DVD) - 117 minutes - $24.98 - 4/19/16 [sub only]
- Yamishibai - Japanese Ghost Stories: Seasons 1 & 2 Collection (Blu-ray) - 117 minutes - $34.98 - 4/19/16 [sub only]

Clipped via PR...
Quote:
Title: PARASYTE ~ THE MAXIM COLLECTION 1
Published by: Sentai Filmworks
Distributed by: Section23 Films
Run Time: 300 min.
Street Date: 4/5/2016
Format: DVD, BD, COMBO
Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
SRP: $59.98, $69.98, $139.98

Title: SAKURA WARS TV COMPLETE COLLECTION
Published by: Sentai Selects
Run Time: 625 min.
Format: DVD
SRP: $29.98

Title: RAIL WARS COMPLETE COLLECTION BLU-RAY
Format: BD
Language: Japanese with English Subtitles
SRP: $59.98

Title: GUGURE! KOKKURI-SAN COMPLETE COLLECTION
Street Date: 4/12/2016
Format: DVD, BD
SRP: $49.98, $59.98

Title: TONARI NO SEKI-KUN COMPLETE COLLECTION
Run Time: 168 min.
Street Date: 4/12/2016
SRP: $39.98, $49.98

Title: PRINCESS TUTU COMPLETE COLLECTION
Distributed by: AEsir Holdings
Run Time: 650 min.
Street Date: 4/19/2016
Format: DVD
SRP: $39.98

Title: YAMISHIBAI COMPLETE COLLECTION
Run Time: 117 min.
Street Date: 4/19/2016
SRP: $24.98, $34.98

Title: SPACE BROTHERS COLLECTION 8
Street Date: 4/26/2016
SRP: $49.98, $59.98
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Other than Parasyte, this is a rather underwhelming slate. I am a big fan of Parasyte, so I am getting the LE.

Last edited by Angel M Cazares on Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Space Brothers! Possibly the last set too. I was really hoping for like an art box with part 8, to hold the whole picture (also, for those who do not know, the sides totally make a picture, yay!) They had better do a deluxe set for Legend of the Galactic Heroes too, or I shall be disappointed (but buy it anyway, but LOGH deserves it!)

Also, while I know most people on these forums already own a copy, if you somehow do not already own a copy of Princess Tutu well.... another chance to get on it for cheap-o!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 31