• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sentai Filmworks / Maiden Japan / AEsir Holdings / ADV Films Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:33 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Title: LOVE, CHUNIBYO & OTHER DELUSIONS ~ HEART THROB PREMIUM BOX SET
Published by: Sentai Filmworks
Distributed by: Section23 Films
Run Time: 325 min.
Street Date: 12/13/2016
Format: COMBO
Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
SRP: $149.98

I bought the DVD release and would normally be upgrading to the Bluray. However, not in this case. I'm going to wait and pick up the regular Bluray release if/when it come out. This is a bit pricey for me.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:18 pm Reply with quote
TRSI listings:
- Beautiful Bones - Sakurako's Investigation: Complete Collection (DVD) - 300 minutes - $49.98 - 1/10/17 [sub only]
- Beautiful Bones - Sakurako's Investigation: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 300 minutes - $59.98 - 1/10/17 [sub only]
- Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei Herz!: Complete Collection (DVD) - 250 minutes - $59.98 - 1/31/17
- Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei Herz!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 250 minutes - $69.98 - 1/31/17
- Infinite Stratos 2: Blu-ray Box (LE) - 315 minutes - $219.98 - 1/24/17
Quote:
Includes episode 1 special (extended edition), World Purge OVA (dubbed); chipboard box, translation insert, booklet, Infinite Wedding picture drama, and One Summer's Memories.

- The World God Only Knows: Ultimate Collection (DVD) - 1000 minutes - $79.98 - 1/3/17
- The World God Only Knows: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray) - 1000 minutes - $99.98 - 1/3/17
- Triage X: Complete Collection (DVD) - 275 minutes - $49.98 - 1/24/17 [sub only]
- Triage X: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 275 minutes - $59.98 - 1/24/17 [sub only]

Clipped via PR...
Quote:
Title: THE WORLD GOD ONLY KNOWS ULTIMATE COLLECTION
Run Time: 1000 min.
Street Date: 1/3/2017
Format: BD, DVD
SRP: $99.98, $79.98

Title: BEAUTIFUL BONES – SAKURAKO’S INVESTIGATION – COMPLETE COLLECTION
Run Time: 300 min.
Street Date: 1/10/2017
Language: Japanese with English Subtitles
SRP: $59.98, $49.98

Title: INFINITE STRATOS 2 PREMIUM BOX SET
Run Time: 315 min.
Street Date: 1/24/2017
Format: BD
SRP: $219.98

Title: TRIAGE X COMPLETE COLLECTION
Run Time: 275 min.

Title: FATE / KALEID LINER PRISMA ILLYA 2WE HERZ! COMPLETE COLLECTION
Run Time: 250 min.
Street Date: 1/31/2017
SRP: $69.98, $59.98
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:19 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:

Title: THE WORLD GOD ONLY KNOWS ULTIMATE COLLECTION
Run Time: 1000 min.
Street Date: 1/3/2017
SRP: $99.98, $79.98

The only thing stopping me from double-dipping (I picked up the entire series on DVD mere months before switching to Bluray) is the fact that so much of the manga remains adapted. I doubt I can convince myself to buy a show twice when I know there's no chance of the remaining dozen volumes of story making it out of Japan, barring some crazy publisher taking a chance on a 26-book manga series that reads like a love letter to a genre of video games that never really took off in the US. Heck, the animation studio doesn't even exist anymore.

For everyone who doesn't already own this show, though, this is an incredible price drop (especially when you consider that Rightstuf members can preorder it for 60 bucks).
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:53 am Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
Title: INFINITE STRATOS 2 PREMIUM BOX SET
Run Time: 315 min.
SRP: $219.98

Seriously, what's with this price? I pre-ordered this for now since it says it's "ultra-limited" just in case, but I'm probably going to cancel it unless it comes with something unannounced to justify that price tag.
It's nice that it's finally coming to BD and with some extras compared to the DVD release from ~2 years ago, but the first season had an OST with it and was no where near this price. Even with RS's Got Anime discount ($132) it's still way over priced.

BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:

The only thing stopping me from double-dipping (I picked up the entire series on DVD mere months before switching to Bluray) is the fact that so much of the manga remains adapted. I doubt I can convince myself to buy a show twice when I know there's no chance of the remaining dozen volumes of story making it out of Japan, barring some crazy publisher taking a chance on a 26-book manga series that reads like a love letter to a genre of video games that never really took off in the US. Heck, the animation studio doesn't even exist anymore.

For everyone who doesn't already own this show, though, this is an incredible price drop (especially when you consider that Rightstuf members can preorder it for 60 bucks).

As much as I loved the series, I wouldn't hold my breath for anything more. The anime did conclude the story, even if it left out some content I can't see why they'd ever make more.

I have the individual BD releases, so I'm a little jealous of everything being in one set, but it looks like it's just a re-packaging, so no reason for me to buy it. Highly recommended if you haven't yet though =)
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:13 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
The anime did conclude the story, even if it left out some content I can't see why they'd ever make more.

Not really, it stopped before adapting the final seven volumes of the manga (the time travel arc), which explain - among other things - why all the girls except Chihiro correspond to dating sim personality types, and ends with spoiler[Keima and Chihiro becoming a couple], spoiler[Tsukiyo and Shiori becoming nerdy BFFs], and spoiler[Elsie rewriting reality to make herself Keima's biological human sister]. Content-wise, it's a bit like making a Clannad adaptation without the Clannad: After Story part.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:46 am Reply with quote
I can see myself getting TWGOK Ultimate Collection at some point. And perhaps Beautiful Bones, too. I really liked that show.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Nothing for me from the January 2017 batch. I am a bit surprised Beautiful Bones is not getting dubbed; I also thought there was a chance for Triage X to get dubbed because it is after all an ecchi show.

And regarding that expensive Infinite Stratos 2 BD set, some people on other sites suspect that it might be an imitation of the Japanese BD, but with the English dub added. I am inclined to believe that as well.
konxeptionz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:23 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Nothing for me from the January 2017 batch. I am a bit surprised Beautiful Bones is not getting dubbed; I also thought there was a chance for Triage X to get dubbed because it is after all an ecchi show.

And regarding that expensive Infinite Stratos 2 BD set, some people on other sites suspect that it might be an imitation of the Japanese BD, but with the English dub added. I am inclined to believe that as well.

It's quite possible since it took this long to finally release a BD version, that they opted to mirror the Japanese release as well as include the English audio track with the same price tag added.

Regardless, still a buy for me since I've been waiting for this to come out on BD.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:46 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
Not really, it stopped before adapting the final seven volumes of the manga (the time travel arc), which explain - among other things - why all the girls except Chihiro correspond to dating sim personality types, and ends with spoiler[Keima and Chihiro becoming a couple], spoiler[Tsukiyo and Shiori becoming nerdy BFFs], and spoiler[Elsie rewriting reality to make herself Keima's biological human sister]. Content-wise, it's a bit like making a Clannad adaptation without the Clannad: After Story part.

Did it not? I feel like I remember seeing spoiler[Keima and Chihiro becoming a couple] animated, but I might be miss-remembering. I know I watched it and read it right after, so my brain might have just mushed it all together into an extended season...

angelmcazares wrote:

That sounds like it might explain it. It does look like the same set that (according to cdjapan) came out at the end of june. Personally, I'd rather they wait if that's the case for the added expense. After so long, a few more months won't change much.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

That sounds like it might explain it. It does look like the same set that (according to cdjapan) came out at the end of june. Personally, I'd rather they wait if that's the case for the added expense. After so long, a few more months won't change much.

It might not be a few months; it might take up to 2 years to see a reasonable priced BD set. If this TBS' doing, the Chuunibyou S1 LE came out on February 2015, and there isn't a standard BD set available yet.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Anyone get any cancellation notice by Rightstuf for My Love Story? I got one Monday with my pre-order being canned in spite of the fact that they are still selling the complete series on both Blu-Ray and DVD for pre-order. Here's the e-mail I received...

Quote:
Hi!

Thank you for choosing Right Stuf and we hope you're having an Anime-zing day! We are sorry to tell you that My Love Story DVD has been cancelled by the manufacturer. For this reason it has been removed from your order and a refund will be issued. Since it's been over 30 days we're unable to issue the refund directly to PayPal. We can issue the refund as store credit, otherwise if you'd prefer to have it issued to a credit card or as a check, please let us know.

We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to serving your future anime needs.

Have a great day!

-Anime-zing Customer Happiness Guru
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:40 pm Reply with quote
^ It's a TRSI site error.

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?43731-Sentai-Filmworks-licenses-MY-love-STORY!!&p=381336&viewfull=1#post381336
Quote:
This was an error on our side, as we were moving orders from the old SKU number. Everyone's orders should be corrected by the end of the day. My apologies for the scare, this was all on us.

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?43731-Sentai-Filmworks-licenses-MY-love-STORY!!&p=381353&viewfull=1#post381353
Quote:
Yes; nothing you'll need to do, it should just be returned to the order it was on. If you see any issues in your open orders, just contact customer care and open a case.

Again, sorry about this folks.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:10 pm Reply with quote
TRSI listings:
- Amagi Brilliant Park: Complete Collection (DVD) - 350 minutes - $59.98 - 2/28/16
- Amagi Brilliant Park: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 350 minutes - $69.98 - 2/28/16
- Amagi Brilliant Park: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) - 350 minutes - $179.98 - 2/28/16
- Busou Shinki - Armored War Goddess: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 325 minutes - $59.98 - 2/14/17 [sub only]
- Comet Lucifer: Complete Collection (DVD) - 300 minutes - $49.98 - 2/14/17 [sub only]
- Comet Lucifer: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 300 minutes - $59.98 - 2/14/17 [sub only]
- Green Legend Ran: Complete Collection - 140 minutes - $24.98 - 2/21/17
- Utano Princesama Revolutions: Complete Collection (DVD) - 325 minutes - $49.98 - 2/21/17 [sub only]
- Utano Princesama Revolutions: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 325 minutes - $59.98 - 2/21/17 [sub only]
- Young Black Jack: Complete Collection (DVD) - 300 minutes - $49.98 - 2/7/17 [sub only]
- Young Black Jack: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 300 minutes - $59.98 - 2/7/17 [sub only]

Amagi Brilliant Park BD/DVD LE: Chipboard Box; Mirror; Metal Pin Set; Metal Token; Booklet; Posters; Folding Brochures; Sticker Sheets; Authenticity Cards

Clipped via PR...
Quote:
Title: YOUNG BLACK JACK COMPLETE COLLECTION
Street Date: 2/7/2017

Title: BUSOU SHINKI COMPLETE COLLECTION BLU-RAY
Street Date: 2/14/2017
SRP: $59.98

Title: COMET LUCIFER COMPLETE COLLECTION
Street Date: 2/14/2017

Title: GREEN LEGEND RAN COMPLETE COLLECTION
Run Time: 140 min.
Street Date: 2/21/2017
Format: DVD
SRP: $24.98

Title: UTA NO PRINCE SAMA REVOLUTIONS COMPLETE COLLECTION
Street Date: 2/21/2017

Title: AMAGI BRILLIANT PARK COMPLETE COLLECTION
Run Time: 350 min.
Street Date: 2/28/2017
Format: BD, DVD, COMBO
SRP: $69.98, $59.98, $179.98

Last edited by WTK on Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:55 pm Reply with quote
An okay February 2017 slate overall, but it is great to finally see Amagi Brilliant Park solicited; kudos to Sentai for releasing DVD/BD combo CE, SE BD and SE DVD the same day. I am only buying the standard edition BD of Amagi.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 31