• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2015 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
Do we need any other reviews of Anti-Magic Academy? I'm pretty sure they're all (with the possible exception of Theron's) going to be some variation on, "What Nick said". Might as well save everyone from the pain and suffering.

Oi, that would spoil the fun. The previewers watch bad anime to inform us, true, but also to entertain us. Their suffering is our amusement.
Rensie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Please do not watch this show.

Who are you nonfactor to decide what i can or not watch? I do whatever i want and watch whatever i want. Keep your hate/trolling by yourself, please.

This is the best pilot episode from all the light novels adaptions this season have for now, and not feel the same redundant clichè like Asterisk or Comet. The chara design is also very expressive and the story seems different and more dramatic. Kudos on the adaption to keep the gore in, like in the original light novel.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Renise have you ever thought "you know I don't have to take criticisms of anime I like personally" or is it pretty much "yep this stranger's opinion of a show I like is 100% a judgement of me personally and I better react with anger and resentment or they won't understand that I don't want them to express themselves where I can see it ever again"

Because based on your post history here it is definitely the latter, just thought I'd ask
Rensie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Renise have you ever thought "you know I don't have to take criticisms of anime I like personally" or is it pretty much "yep this stranger's opinion of a show I like is 100% a judgement of me personally and I better react with anger and resentment or they won't understand that I don't want them to express themselves where I can see it ever again"

Because based on your post history here it is definitely the latter, just thought I'd ask

He don't like the show and call it garbage, fine, but tell others what to do is just bait trolling for the purpose to flame. And your fast reply seems to confirm this (as expected).
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Rensie wrote:

He don't like the show and call it garbage, fine, but tell others what to do is just bait trolling for the purpose to flame. And your fast reply seems to confirm this (as expected).

Nobody's telling you what to do, but I don't think you'll ever realize that. Other people having opinions that don't match with yours isn't "trolling", and seeing it that way is a level of narcissism I think you'd ironically only apply to us.

Anyway if you're only here to once again insult our writers, other forum members and generally be an angry nuisance I'm happy to show you the door for the millionth time.
Wingbeats

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Anti-Magic academy.....didn't I JUST watch three other shows just like it?

I was tired of "walk into girl when changing" and "accidental boob grab" before, but now I'm really starting to despise those two tropes ALONE.

Ugh ugh ugh ugh

On the flip side, Dance With the Devils is magical. That's staying in my queue, haha. That's two otome-ish anime this season that is not great but still highly entertaining to me (the other being Starmyu). I am okay with some cheesy popcorn fun. I just hope DwD stays away from the rapey tropes.
Kuro shinigami

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:13 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe that it was true that they crammed half of volume 1 in a single episode, so it seems that episode 2 will finish the first volume while episodes 3-4 will cover volume 2. I hope that there is at least 39 episodes so it isn't nearly as rushed as this considering the author mentioned that they will possibly try to adapt 9 volumes of the light novel, Otherwise it will end up worse than the second season of index which adapted 8 volumes of the novel with only 24 episodes. Either way i am displeased with this adaptation so far considering they cut out so much content in only the first episode.
XerBlade
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:13 pm Reply with quote
That review...
Quit trying so hard to get me to watch it already. Especially with that "Please so not watch this show" at the end. I'm really going to have a hard time resisting the urge to watch it with that kind of line.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:26 pm Reply with quote
If you though the manservice in the 1st episode of Young Black Jack was blatant, then episode 2 will take you for a ride. Enjoy Hazama and 3 others topless and in chains, all for your viewing pleasure.

And Magic Infatry anime... telling me not to watch it is going to make me want to watch it even more. Honestly, that's why I love the preview guide.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Do people understand the meaning of the word "please"? Seriously.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:41 pm Reply with quote
errinundra wrote:
Do people understand the meaning of the word "please"? Seriously.

It amazes me how desperate people are to find something to take offense over.

Here's my attempt: Doesn't the maker of the LN know what the size of a Platoon is? It's NOT 3 people. It's around 30-50 people, usually split up into two or three squads. So, on the low end, it's TEN TIMES larger than 3 people. If you're going to make an anime (or a LN) that uses military terms for unit sizes, then you'd think that someone would've, at some point, done a TINY amount of research into said terms.

There. Did I do that right? I did my best.
maxwell3094

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Kuro shinigami wrote:
I can't believe that it was true that they crammed half of volume 1 in a single episode, so it seems that episode 2 will finish the first volume while episodes 3-4 will cover volume 2.

Hahahaha oh man I was wondering if they really would try to rush it after seeing the LNs translator saying the first volume would only be 2 eps but boy was I unprepared for that. God DAMN are they moving fast. Its amusing for me as a reader of the source since this means it will get to the darker stuff I like it for sooner but yeah this is total garbage for anyone else.
spaceguineapig

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:18 pm Reply with quote
OK, so I haven't actually watched very many LN battle high school harem-y type shows that seem to be plaguing this season, but I've always wondered why they need to set them in schools (well the obvious reason is that the target audience is school aged), since they don't seem to be schools at all, more like military training facilities or literal magic armies with school uniforms and student councils.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:32 pm Reply with quote
spaceguineapig wrote:
OK, so I haven't actually watched very many LN battle high school harem-y type shows that seem to be plaguing this season, but I've always wondered why they need to set them in schools (well the obvious reason is that the target audience is school aged), since they don't seem to be schools at all, more like military training facilities or literal magic armies with school uniforms and student councils.

At this point it probably mostly can be attributed to tradition. However, I've often wondered if part of the reason isn't that putting it in a school setting provides a convenient excuse for getting types of characters who probably would not otherwise associate with each other to interact.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I pretty much loved every single moment in the first episode of The Perfect Insider (including the OP and ED). This is the first new show (non sequel) from this season that has really impressed me.

I know, it is too early to say this, but The Perfect Insider is my candidate to be the best anime series from this disappointing-looking Fall 2015 season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 25 of 37