• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mr. Osomatsu (TV) (all seasons + movie).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:51 am Reply with quote
The ending killed me, Karamatsu asking that maybe he start being treated better going into the second cour, that there are comments of people feeling sorry for him. Perfect because yes a lot of comments from the audience is feeing bad for him, and of course he is going to continue as the way he is.

Christmas being Halloween to the boys for being so lonely. The black Santa bit. Jyushimatsu staying up captures Santa. The boys in their bishi forms again with ridiculous levels again, great contrast to everything else. And Totoko trying to turn the boys down.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:11 pm Reply with quote
This week's Osomatsu was a year-end special with an audio commentary by the cast on the secondary audio channel. I wonder how official streams will handle that. Will that only have the main audio and not offer any option for the commentary? It was pretty fun to listen to.

The official Twitter account just announced that the "new episode" on the first BD/DVD will be episode 3.5.
https://twitter.com/osomatsu_PR/status/678986416135647233
Looks like they're not even going to re-do the first episode. ^^;; Well, I suppose the series actually "starts" with the second episode.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Looks like show will be taking a break next week. And we got a clip show/recap this week :/

No new stuff for quite awhile. Damn. Oh well, at least it recapped some of the fun and memorable moments!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Looks like show will be taking a break next week. And we got a clip show/recap this week :/

No new stuff for quite awhile. Damn. Oh well, at least it recapped some of the fun and memorable moments!

It was a recap, but in Japan it was aired with audio commentary from the cast so we got behind-the-scenes tidbits of each of the scenes. Judging from your reaction, I assume there was no audio commentary included with the stream. =(

I think almost all series typically take a break near the end of the year due to special programming. This is the end of the first cour for Osomatsu san.

In other news, the Osomatsu san ED single ranks #3 on Oricon's weekly singles chart for the week of 12/28 with 67000 discs sold!
http://music-book.jp/music/news/news/104616
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

A re-cap. Was a little disappointed, but it did offer something good. As someone who largely had a hard time differentiating the sextuplets entirely (remembering all the names is a little difficult for me too), it was good to see each sibling broken down into what makes them who they are, via scenes from the series.

I thought that Osomatsu is kind of the least defined character. Although that it was him who did the commentary does itself shed light on his characteristics. Also Totoko, she seems to have attributes of each of the siblings, along with some of her own. She is shamelessly interfering, she has delusions of grandeur, she tries to act proper but isn't, Totoko herself said she relates to how dangerously depressed Ichimatsu is, she is kind of childishly random, and she is manipulative for attention of the opposite sex. Maybe not intentional, but I feel like maybe it was with her comments after each segment and her included in the end.

What are they going to do to Jyushimatsu in the second cour? They were both laughing like something was going to happen.
SHD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:11 am Reply with quote
It was technically a recap but the main attraction was the seiyuu commentary which was probably not available on the English language streaming services. The seiyuu of the main characters discussed... well, perhaps they were supposed to discuss the characters but they ended up goofing around and mostly talking about how much they laugh while recording the show, and how insanely popular the anime is.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Ep 13

That was FABULOUS.

Started off with another "WTF am I watching?" segment which I didn't find LOL funny, but the last two segments had me in stitches. The brothers as girls were a riot. I love how Juushiko is a gyaru. XDDD And the last segment... Poor Choromatsu gets "caught" by Osomatsu. The interactions with the brothers are just so funny.

Love the new OP and ED. The title of the new ED is "SIX SHAME FACES," LoL. It's Totoko singing this time.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13:

Lol, the change in artwork of the first half was some brilliant trolling.
Funny episode overall. I found the gender bender part amusing too considering how much make up and stuff they put on.

The new songs are nice I guess. Might have to get used to that new ED.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:10 am Reply with quote
Episode 13

First segment was a little dry, and I don't know what to think about the bit towards the ending showing the sextuplets, and then that they were all in the head. Until the fake preview of them doing different things.

The other two parts were awesome, and on a personal level has been heightened because I know the full summary of each sibling's characteristics from the recap episode.

Instead of taking the characteristics to crazy heights of the bishi versions, we see them all turned into genderbent versions with the personalities put more into their designs. Osoko as a high stress business women trying to look dependable, Karako is an active girl trying to look lively, Choroko is a fujoshi, Ichiko tries to look dark but elegant, Jyushiko was a gyaru, and Todoko makes herself look cute and is manipulative. And instead of guys struggling with growing up and the attention of women, they are women with their own negative aspects and desperate for the attention of men.

And the last segment. Getting caught jerking it would be the worst. I might say somewhat relatable, in ways I don't think other shows have the balls for. The parents laughing at "Fappymatsu" also got me, and the siblings fighting, and they directly attacked each ones characterisation. Oh god, the caution sign.

If we see the genderbend thing again, I hope we get other characters, like probably a Totoko, which maybe they will change the name to Totomatsu since the siblings' names end in "ko" instead.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Ep 14

Love this series SO MUCH. XDDDDD

The first segment where they all catch colds was hilarious. I love how the staff are so aware of how fans react. Ichimatsu pointing out how people are going to say that Totty's sneeze is cute had me cracking up since that's exactly what I was thinking. XDDD The puinchline with Juushimatsu at the end was great. Mommymatsu can only handle on Juushimatsu. Anime hyper

Totty's segment was gold too. The little bit with Ichimatsu as Hannibal Lecter and them framing back to him but he was already in the middle of changing out of costume was so cute. The staff really know what will make the audience laugh.

I was surprised with the third segment at the end since I thought the episode was already over. I'm certainly not one to say no to Choromatsu freaking out. Anime hyper Kamiya's voice had a hint of Beezlebub in there, I think.

Was waiting for it but no preview for next week's episode.

PS I am amused that Durarara!! author Narita sensei watches and tweets about the series as it airs.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Ha, the way the boys gets sick made it look sad at first but turned out to be really funny because of the"fight". I was somewhat surprised that there was a segment that ran longer than usual after the ED theme song as well.

Great comedy.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:57 am Reply with quote
I quite liked the after ED segment which Todomatsu playing straight man to a Choromatsu character. Usually Choromatsu is playing part of straight man so it was very funny. I think my favourite was when Todomatsu commented if the students are babies if Choromatsu was worried about them eating Styrofoam.

Random thought, I would love to have a t-shirt which has Karamatsu's face on it. Ironic fashion.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Ep 14

This week's episode reminded me of why I love Juushimatsu best. Anime hyper
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Well...they managed to pull out a spoiler[Clannad-like moment] despite all the giggles this week. Kinda felt bad for Chibita after that date.

As usual, the episode still retains its cherry comedic atmosphere with the job interview, baseball gags, etc. Fun fun.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:31 am Reply with quote
Episode 15

Laughing The job interview.
I loved how random and unpredictable Jyushimatsu can be. Also the different parts like Karamatsu playing the CEO like character, and Todomatsu playing the female secretary. My favourite part of it was probably the head biting, I could see it switching back to it suddenly and doing it made me laugh. Jyushimatsu and Ichimatsu also make a great pair, I think back to the baseball bat thing.

The guys as girls again. Todoko seemed to become quite upset when her sister called her picture taking weird. Which becomes ironic when they all like the pictures and forget the chaos.

I actually thought one of the brother might have taken the gender changing drug from an earlier episode to make Chibita feel better, but it was just one of those legends (a bit of a cliché). That kind of led it more into tragedy and whatnot. I was actually feeling more sad for Karamatsu, the poor guy is so desperate for someone who wants him that he finds and becomes attached to a monster that treats him horribly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9