• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Edward Snowden Reveals Latest Info—His Favorite Pokemon

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Blue21 wrote:

...I'm saying it's appropriate that someone like Snowden likes a 'mon' that is not supposed to be in the game and a potentially harmful glitch.

Missingno potentially harmful?

Surely you jest.
CCTakato

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Arale Kurashiki wrote:
wow you people are such babies. missingno is one of the best pokemon, snowden knows full well that its a bug, and does it really bother you much for them to report on this? its amusing and certainly a lot more interesting than the daily "love live earns a lotta money"
Sometimes I feel like people only post at ANN to complain about stuff rather than to you know, talk about anime. I don't understand how people can go around being so angry about silly stuff like this all the time.
maoyen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:09 am Reply with quote
For someone so worried about surveillance, he sure is on the internet a lot.
Rensie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:24 am Reply with quote
Snowden, one of the few americans i respect, the courage to go against the fascist american government responsible of the poverty and degradation of south europe countries and Africa.
Snowden is a hero, a hero of democracy.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:54 am Reply with quote
maoyen wrote:

He only very recently joined Twitter. Before that he was very circumspect about going online.

Given his knowledge and his skills (and his intelligence), he is better equipped than anyone to hide any sensitive/private internet activities.

Rensie wrote:
Snowden is a hero, a hero of democracy.

He's not just a hero of the people but also a shining example of upstanding morals and noble ideals in this cynical and jaded world of ours. After all, Snowden gave up his US$200,000-a-year job in Hawaii, his relationship with his lovely girlfriend, and went into hiding at great risk to himself, in order to expose the American government's alarming activities. He's proof that there are still good people in the US who don't just preach justice but actively fights for it.
Amara Tenoh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:10 am Reply with quote
Lynzee Loveridge, this is really teetering on what qualifies for the "Interest" section.

You're submitting an article that is basically centered around a two day old Tweet made by a celebrity, who isn't related to anime whatsoever mind you, as he chooses something that isn't even technically a Pokémon as his favorite Pocket Monster.

Brace yourself, the next article might be about how Kim Jong Un's favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! card is the Blue Scapegoat Token.

But in all seriousness, can there please more guidelines set in place for articles of "Interest"? All I am seeing being discussed here is everyone's stance on Snowden's actions against the US government, which last I checked, is not anime related whatsoever.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:24 am Reply with quote
Amara Tenoh wrote:
But in all seriousness, can there please more guidelines set in place for articles of "Interest"? All I am seeing being discussed here is everyone's stance on Snowden's actions against the US government, which last I checked, is not anime related whatsoever.

You do know that no one is forced to read the interest section, right?
Amara Tenoh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:35 am Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
Amara Tenoh wrote:

You do know that no one is forced to read the interest section, right?

True, but at the same time, I com here for news related to anime, not about celebrities of government conspiracy giving five seconds to reveal what their favorite Pokémon which turns out to not even be a real one. Do you think any part of the anime community cares about what Snowden had to say on the matter? A lot of the comments here even ask what relevance it has here.

I love the Interest section but not when it's being used to feature controversial discussions that pretty much hold no relation to the main purpose of this website, anime.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 am Reply with quote
maoyen wrote:

He's already in surveillance moreso than when he was in America because he's in Russia............ which is kinda ironic (he wants less surveillance but ended up in a place that has more surveillance). Laughing
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:28 am Reply with quote
I support Snowden for his exposing gov't secrets. When a gov't hides that many secrets, how much of it actually concerning the people?
animalia555

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:57 am Reply with quote
Was I the only one who actually WAS NOT surprised by Snowden's supposed bomb drop? I mean we live in an age where any high schooler with a laptop and the right know how can find out anything someone ever posted online, and we are supposed to be surprised when the government has the same access as said high schooler? That comes of as incredibly naive. Don't misunderstand me, I'm NOT saying that you shoud not worry about these things. Just that there is no point of calling someone a heroic whistleblower when all they did was point out things that are already common knowledge to any one with a fundamental grasp of basic internet security.
Haterater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:15 pm Reply with quote
That answer fits him perfectly. Laughing
KanameFujiwara

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:44 am Reply with quote
Snowden is one of us!
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:52 am Reply with quote
Amara Tenoh wrote:

True, but at the same time, I com here for news related to anime, not about celebrities of government conspiracy giving five seconds to reveal what their favorite Pokémon which turns out to not even be a real one. Do you think any part of the anime community cares about what Snowden had to say on the matter? A lot of the comments here even ask what relevance it has here.

I love the Interest section but not when it's being used to feature controversial discussions that pretty much hold no relation to the main purpose of this website, anime.

You can still avoid topics that do not interest you. No one is forcing you to read the article. You have free will.

But how can I read topics that might interest me, if you go about trying to censor what I can see or not see. To me it looks like you are trying to control, what I can see or not.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Razor/Edge wrote:
Яeverse wrote:
Slow news day, aye.

Must be. I bet half of the people on this site don't even know who Edward Snowden is.
Anybody heard of Julian Assange? Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3