• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, September 28-October 4 [2015-10-07]

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:30 pm Reply with quote
The powa of Production I.G. adaptations is rather frightening
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see that Kawai Complex is in the top 10. Love the anime...wish someone would print the manga, as it's currently on Crunchy. But, no idea how it does on Crunchy, so I don't know what the chances are of that happening...

I also wish that someone would bring over Miyahara's Love Lab manga. Enjoyed the anime, but felt like it ended just when the more interesting developments were coming.
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:05 pm Reply with quote
One piece is back where it belongs...
Jajanken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Good to see AssClass killing. It wasn't too long ago when sales were below 5th, somas doing well too
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:
Good to see AssClass killing. It wasn't too long ago when sales were below 5th, somas doing well too

That was not the best way of saying assassination classroom. Surprised
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:43 pm Reply with quote
^Have you not seen people use AssClass before? Seems like a lot of people like to refer to the anime/manga by that name. When I first heard of AssClass, I wasn't sure what I was going to find upon a Google search...Laughing
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:00 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
^Have you not seen people use AssClass before? Seems like a lot of people like to refer to the anime/manga by that name. When I first heard of AssClass, I wasn't sure what I was going to find upon a Google search...Laughing

Yeah but to me it never made sense.(much like many other misused words out there). I actually did not view this from a comedy standpoint,
And was actually thinking about the *a* words original meaning which was a old Spanish term for donkey, so whenever You see *a* class I
See donkey class.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:08 am Reply with quote
Looks like the debut for volume 79 isn't as strong as the last couple of volumes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AdmiralKizaru98

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:29 am Reply with quote
Wandering Samurai wrote:
Looks like the debut for volume 79 isn't as strong as the last couple of volumes.

This Volue only had 2 days to sell, te other ones have 3 or 4 days everytime, so its really good.
HikariGo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:24 pm Reply with quote
It is just ridiculous that although Attack on Titan is currently at the peak of its popularity in terms of sales, it took 3 weeks for Attack on Titan to hit 1.4 million sales of its latest volume, before largely plateauing, reaching 1.7 million by week 9.

One Piece's latest volume probably surpassed 1.7 million on the third/fourth day of release and will definitely not plateau any time soon.

The widespread popularity of One Piece among readers of both genders and multiple age demographics in Japan knows no bounds.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Looking at the thumbnail, the most popular manga this week is about two middle-aged men in an argument as a third, somewhat younger man looks onward with amusement.

Just kidding. I love One Piece, and I know what this cover is about. I just find One Piece covers to be kind of surreal if you didn't already know the story or its characters.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:22 pm Reply with quote
One Piece still smokes the competition.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:53 pm Reply with quote
AdmiralKizaru98 wrote:
Wandering Samurai wrote:

This Volue only had 2 days to sell, te other ones have 3 or 4 days everytime, so its really good.

Thanks I had this explained to me on another forum too. Now I feel better about it's performance and can't wait to see what it's going to do next week. Now that the new arc has started, things should start to get interesting for the series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:00 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Looking at the thumbnail, the most popular manga this week is about two middle-aged men in an argument as a third, somewhat younger man looks onward with amusement.

Just kidding. I love One Piece, and I know what this cover is about. I just find One Piece covers to be kind of surreal if you didn't already know the story or its characters.

Anime hyper
This cover is awesome, but no Corazon yet. I wonder if Osa is saving him for the cover of volume 80...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
javierm885778

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:34 am Reply with quote
Sariachan wrote:

Anime hyper
This cover is awesome, but no Corazon yet. I wonder if Osa is saving him for the cover of volume 80...

Corazon's story was in volumes 76 and 77. I don't think he'll appear in volume 80's cover. That one should focus on spoiler[Rebecca and Kyros', the SH Fleet, Sanji and co, and something from Zou (maybe Weeble or Raizou too)]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2