• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RACS Collectible Art Cards

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Those of you who buy from RACS know that since spring they have been enclosing art cards with a purchase. Being something of a completest I would like to have a full set.

I'm missing cards #3, #6 and #8. If anyone has extras of these and doesn't want them or would like to trade PM me. I have extras of cards #2, #4, #5 and #7.
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:51 pm Reply with quote
What exactly are on these art cards? I've ordered from RACS, but it was before this spring, I think.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:18 pm Reply with quote
@willag

Since you have shopped the web site you probably noticed the little "anime girl" vignettes that are scattered throughout the site. As I understand it these are original art that Robert had made. The main girl Noemi is the site mascot.

Last fall he had chocolate coins (the foil wrapped kind) made up with Noemi's features impressed on them. He included one with each order as a bit of lagniappe. Unfortunately with the onset of warm weather and the vagaries of shipping this was stopped. A spoiled chocolate coin being worse than none at all.

To replace the coins he commissioned a set of ten cards featuring Noemi and crew in a variety of poses representing various genres of anime. They are limited to a couple of thousand for each of the numbered cards. Physically they are 5 by 7 inches on standard card stock. They are very similar to the advertisement cards for new shows TRSI and RACS have included in the past. Unfortunately the distribution has, as advertised, been random.

I'm hoping for more chocolate as the weather gets colder. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1