• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Haikyu!! Season 2 Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Since sentai picked up the 1st season of this I figured this was a given. Shame it will (like the 1st season) never get a dub Sad
AnkiRendan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:03 pm Reply with quote
This is actually really surprising and good news. Looks like the risk of licensing a sports anime paid off for Sentai for them to license it this quickly. I'm glad I bought it.

How about Kuroko's Basketball next, Sentai?
Elves

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Shocked Oh wow. That was fast! I'm glad to know I'll get to enjoy the second season of Haikyu! now and won't have to worry about it as the season plays out.

I just hope that this time around the subtitled onscreen text has the option to turn it off, Sentai. Smile It was kind of annoying on the first season discs when I kept having to read the back of Karasuno's jackets over and over and over and over and over practically every time a character turned around. I got it the first time, thanks. Smile

I also hope somebody will license the manga. Wink
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:44 am Reply with quote
I don't want to turn off the text subs, but they definitely got a little obsessive about it, didn't they! On the other hand, it was interesting that they actually used colors and different fonts for the magazine text, something I don't recall ever seeing before outside fansubs, so props for that (and for not going overboard with it). Since they probably don't read these boards, it might be worthwhile to tell them directly.

I wish I knew how well the first season did for them. Obviously well enough, but considering a lot of the stuff they pick up, licensing the 2nd season doesn't tell us much about whether it just made money or was a hit.

I wish it would have a dub too, just so I can focus on the faces, but unless they had a trade-in program, it would be pointless to have a second season dub without a first season dub. I'll just have to memorize the dialog... Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1