• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Trailer Shows Obito, Original Susano'o Designs

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Glad to finally have a dub trailer, sounds great! Can't wait Anime smile
Videogamep

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:13 pm Reply with quote
The funny thing about these games is that they actually pace the story better than the source material.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Catsplay

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Man the final Storm game looks freaking amazing. I'm upset it got delayed until next year but I really hope they're making it the best they can with the extra development time. CC2 hasn't let me down yet! I'm most hyped for how epic they're going to make the last Naruto Vs. Sasuke battle.
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:52 pm Reply with quote
The game looks great but I hate how every perfect susano'o looks the same. I mean besides the colors and slight details they all have wings and similar features, i was hopeing each susano'o would would look compleately different, can't the creators be a little creative. Well this was a disappointment..... Now that I look at it, the susano'o's look like they were based on tengu.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:02 pm Reply with quote
This game is gonna be AMAZING.
kid_nova

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:39 am Reply with quote
You can't get mad because all the Susanoo look similar, with "slight" differences. They should have some type of continuity, or else you wouldn't be able to label the same ability. Ex. "I hate how all pizza looks alike, I mean, there's different toppings and crust and stuff, but their all circles and made with dough. These chefs really need to step their game up". That's petty.[/quote]
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:31 am Reply with quote
Somehow I feel that the video game of Naruto Shippūden explains the story in a shorter, more comfortable format than the anime show of it.
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:31 pm Reply with quote
kid_nova wrote:
You can't get mad because all the Susanoo look similar, with "slight" differences. They should have some type of continuity, or else you wouldn't be able to label the same ability. Ex. "I hate how all pizza looks alike, I mean, there's different toppings and crust and stuff, but their all circles and made with dough. These chefs really need to step their game up". That's petty.
[/quote]

Susano'o is a legendary and rare ability that only a few can wield. But the perfect susano'o I would have liked to belived was only obtained by madara, but now every other Uchiha has it but not only that they all have a similar function. If you compare the normal susano'o of each character you could clearly say they are different for they used different weapons along with different tactics, but now that originality is lost because everyone has it regardless of what weapon the susano had before.( I don't even know what happened to itachi's torska blade and Yata mirror.) anyways every Uchiha having the same perfect susano'o is the same thing as All the tailed beasts being fox like.
kid_nova

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:16 pm Reply with quote
All I' saying is that even though different people wield them, they're still all the same ability and the fact that there are even differences in the first place is surprising. You get mad that "all" Susano'o look alike, but you wouldn't get mad that all rasengans or fire balls look alike, all abilities multiple people use, it doesn't make sense to get mad. They're jutsu. Though rare, they aren't necessarily special.
Also, not "all" Uchiha can have the same Susano'o, when most never even awaken their Mangekyo Sharingan in the first place.
One more thing, it's not even canon. (Even though Kishi designed them).
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:30 am Reply with quote
kid_nova wrote:
All I' saying is that even though different people wield them, they're still all the same ability and the fact that there are even differences in the first place is surprising. You get mad that "all" Susano'o look alike, but you wouldn't get mad that all rasengans or fire balls look alike, all abilities multiple people use, it doesn't make sense to get mad. They're jutsu. Though rare, they aren't necessarily special.
Also, not "all" Uchiha can have the same Susano'o, when most never even awaken their Mangekyo Sharingan in the first place.
One more thing, it's not even canon. (Even though Kishi designed them).

The difference between susano'o and the other jutsu you stated is that susano'o is an ability a select few Uchiha can use, but for rasengan and fire ball jutsu they are only attacks that anyone with the proper chakra nature could master. If every jutsu was the same there would barely be a difrence in power among ninja.when you compare itachi and sasuke you can easily tell that itachi is stronger even though they have the same jutsu. If all Uchiha mangekyo sharingan were the same to begin with then why did they even look different in the first place? Obito used his mangekyo sharingan ability to travel through objects, are you telling me that any Uchiha could do that? The same thing goes for their other abilities, the mangekyo sharingan reflects the heart and demonstates ones abilities. Madara should have the best susano'o just like how sasuke displayed skillful use of amataratsu and itachi's genjutsu. The point is characters trump cards should not be copied by other characters making them all equals in power in which they are not. Anyways madara is the major antagonist of the series and should maintain an image of overwelming power, it doesn't help if others can use the exact same thing and even if they do it should not look the same.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Exalted Incarnate wrote:

Susano'o is a legendary and rare ability that only a few can wield. But the perfect susano'o I would have liked to belived was only obtained by madara, but now every other Uchiha has it but not only that they all have a similar function.

If we're following the canon only Madara, Sasuke are the only Uchihas who have it. And barring any future developments only Sasuke currently has it.

Exalted Incarnate wrote:
The point is characters trump cards should not be copied by other characters making them all equals in power in which they are not. Anyways madara is the major antagonist of the series and should maintain an image of overwelming power, it doesn't help if others can use the exact same thing and even if they do it should not look the same.

The problem with your notion is that part of Madara's "overwhelming" power wasn't even his own such as his ability to use "Wood Release" and later obtaining the Sage's power.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Somehow I feel that the video game of Naruto Shippūden explains the story in a shorter, more comfortable format than the anime show of it.

Well, yeah... The manga's been over for what... a year plus? And the anime is STILL doing filler. Rolling Eyes Not only that but it's been more filler than canon since after the manga ended, I'm pretty sure.
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:49 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Exalted Incarnate wrote:

Susano'o is a legendary and rare ability that only a few can wield. But the perfect susano'o I would have liked to belived was only obtained by madara, but now every other Uchiha has it but not only that they all have a similar function.

If we're following the canon only Madara, Sasuke are the only Uchihas who have it. And barring any future developments only Sasuke currently has it.

Exalted Incarnate wrote:
The point is characters trump cards should not be copied by other characters making them all equals in power in which they are not. Anyways madara is the major antagonist of the series and should maintain an image of overwelming power, it doesn't help if others can use the exact same thing and even if they do it should not look the same.

The problem with your notion is that part of Madara's "overwhelming" power wasn't even his own such as his ability to use "Wood Release" and later obtaining the Sage's power.

In that case no ninja has their own power for it originated from the divine tree. In order for a ninja to get stronger they learn other jutsu and gain abilities that may have originally belonged to someone else, the Uchiha were especially skilled in learning all sorts of abilities and honeing them as their own, it is what makes their power legendary and feared by others in the series. Orochimaru was after sasuke for his sharingan so he could master all jutsu. So it is only natural for powerful shinobi to be a livening diffusion of the variety of Jutsu for some can use them better than others.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1