• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:20 am Reply with quote
Didn't they say that the baby's were being taken off the ship when they showed them last season?
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:15 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[I can't wait to see Iok die screaming and crying like the coward he is when Lafter, Azee, Akihiro, Orga I don't care who kills him. I just want to see the sniveling murdering coward die so badly right now.]

P.S.spoiler[I also can't wait for Jasley to be found out for the backstabbing bastard he is and for Orga to put a bullet through his head for getting Naze killed]
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:41 pm Reply with quote
its pretty much a given that those two are DOA. the new opening more or less tells that much. also i dont know who to feel sorry for more. mc gillis' loli fiance or atra who is trying her damnest to get mika's attention where unfortunately other than miss sakura, the only person he actually shows emotions to is orga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:53 pm Reply with quote
I just can't wait to see Iok die a sniveling cowards death. It will be oh so satisfying when he is finally killed off. The ending preview also gives me a glimmer of hope that maybe Jasley will be found out next episode and Orga can put a bullet through his backstabbing head for Naze and Amida.
anifani

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Even though I knew what was coming (can't deny those death flags), this episode hit me soooo hard. Practically sobbed all morning. It's pretty bad when your three year old looks up at you and asks, "what's wrong, mommy?" Geez, how embarrassing. How do you answer that? Uh... my favorite anime characters were killed. Doh! Confused

The one part that was amusing:
spoiler[Lafter telling Akihiro that she will squeeze him so hard next time she sees him, and clueless Akihiro saying, "why does she want to strangle me??" ]
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:12 pm Reply with quote
anifani wrote:

The one part that was amusing:
spoiler[Lafter telling Akihiro that she will squeeze him so hard next time she sees him, and clueless Akihiro saying, "why does she want to strangle me??" ]

Ya in the preview it looks like Eugene and Shino give him shit to go stop being so dense and to hook up with her already.
CrescentWolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:47 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[ I may have sympathized a bit with lok at first, but now I can't wait to see him die a proper horrible death befitting his cowardice.]

spoiler[Seeing everyone crying afterwards, especially all the Turbines, hit me so hard in the feels.]

The only moment in this episode that made me smile was spoiler[ Lafter telling Akihiro she's gonna Squeeze him so hard when she sees him next.]
sailorstarsun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Ahaha... This episode made me like Iok even more, because he's so over the top and ridiculous.

Oops.
meiam

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm done. Really liked S1, but it's clear S2 is not for me. There just not interested in having a coherent plot.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:46 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Yeah, I'm done. Really liked S1, but it's clear S2 is not for me. There just not interested in having a coherent plot.

QUE? What are you talking about? What is not coherent about the plot?
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:03 pm Reply with quote
As much as I'd like to see Iok die, I would like to see him stripped of his title and rank, dishonorably discharged, his reputation destroyed, and only then killed. I'm partial to either firing squad or an assassin with a shank sent into the prison. I mean the guy ignored surrender signals twice and intentionally targeted fleeing noncombatants with forbidden weapons (that I'm not sure even Gjallerhorn is allowed to use aside from extenuating circumstances which presumably does not include fleeing noncombatants). Even beyond rights violations, his insistence on killing Naze and others directly lead to the destruction of a least one of their ships and its crew, which would not have happened had he accepted Naze's surrender. Plenty there to discredit himself, Arianrhod/Rastel, and Gjallerhorn if they do not punish him for it, if news gets out, and since there were survivors (with connections to Gjallerhorn) it will. Either way Iok has long become a nuisance and hopefully that comes to an end soon.
meiam

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
meiam wrote:

QUE? What are you talking about? What is not coherent about the plot?

Pretty much everything really. Everyone is acting like Iok will be corrupt only once and never use the ban weapon to falsely accuse someone else despite already implicating Tekkadan. It juts make no sense not to help Turbine since it's obvious his very next move would be to say Tekkadan was in and also possess the ban weapon, especially since there the one with the mech that can use them. Then Naze though he could surrender and everybody would be let go as if nothing happened, that's not even how real justice work and now that's suppose to work on a corrupt official? Oh and never mind anyway cause Tekkadan still go and assist.

Then the weapon themselves, what kind of weapon could be so bad that, in a world with giant robots with machine gun the size of cars an child soldier, could be banned? Chemical weapon? Biological weapon? Nuclear weapon? The space equivalent of a cluster bomb or thermobaric weapon? Nah, it's just armor piercing ammo, it doesn't do anything special or cause large amount of arms to civilian or environment... Oh and Iok then use them, despite having overwhelming superiority he use banned weapon, for no reason, at all, literally none.

Yeah Iok, everytime we see him he does one of two things, be a giant idiot or be a lapdog for Rustal. But now he's suddenly someone who drive such fanatic devotion in his subordinate that they're fine with using banned weapon, attacking civilian and children and ignoring surrender plea.

It's just clear that the writer just wrote the story based on what emotional event they wanted to happen and then... well nothing really. Usually writer then go on to actually make up reason for situation to happen in a coherent manner but this time they didn't even bother. Character just yell "I'll attack these guys" you get 2 episode of death flag, character die, there are no repercussion of the event, rinse and repeat. We still don't even know what exactly happen as the fallout of the mobile armor being destroyed, it's like the show completely forgot that even happened.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:06 am Reply with quote
just because you don't like it, it does not mean it's badly written.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:26 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:

Pretty much everything really. Everyone is acting like Iok will be corrupt only once and never use the ban weapon to falsely accuse someone else despite already implicating Tekkadan. It juts make no sense not to help Turbine since it's obvious his very next move would be to say Tekkadan was in and also possess the ban weapon, especially since there the one with the mech that can use them. Then Naze though he could surrender and everybody would be let go as if nothing happened, that's not even how real justice work and now that's suppose to work on a corrupt official? Oh and never mind anyway cause Tekkadan still go and assist.

Then the weapon themselves, what kind of weapon could be so bad that, in a world with giant robots with machine gun the size of cars an child soldier, could be banned? Chemical weapon? Biological weapon? Nuclear weapon? The space equivalent of a cluster bomb or thermobaric weapon? Nah, it's just armor piercing ammo, it doesn't do anything special or cause large amount of arms to civilian or environment... Oh and Iok then use them, despite having overwhelming superiority he use banned weapon, for no reason, at all, literally none.

Yeah Iok, everytime we see him he does one of two things, be a giant idiot or be a lapdog for Rustal. But now he's suddenly someone who drive such fanatic devotion in his subordinate that they're fine with using banned weapon, attacking civilian and children and ignoring surrender plea.

It's just clear that the writer just wrote the story based on what emotional event they wanted to happen and then... well nothing really. Usually writer then go on to actually make up reason for situation to happen in a coherent manner but this time they didn't even bother. Character just yell "I'll attack these guys" you get 2 episode of death flag, character die, there are no repercussion of the event, rinse and repeat. We still don't even know what exactly happen as the fallout of the mobile armor being destroyed, it's like the show completely forgot that even happened.

1. Tekkaden are heroes right now. They stopped a rampaging mobile armor from destroying a city on Mars. Top it off they have political connections with another powerful member of Gjallarhorn in the form of McGillis. Iok can't go directly after them so Jasley gave him his second best target Tekkaden's major support structure in the form of Turbine.

2. Naze was going to surrender himself as the head of Turbine taking full responsibility for the illegal weapons. Naze didn't know Iok was a murderous psychopath that was going to try and kill everyone. He knew the main reason Turbine was being framed was because of his support of Tekkaden so he thought surrendering himself and dissolving Turbine hence weakening Tekkaden is all they wanted.

3. Railgun's are powerful weapons able to destroy mobile suits and battleships with single shots they were probably considered too powerful. Also all your examples have not been seen in the series so they have probably all been banned by treaties. Now with child soldiers if you don't remember all the child soldiers are called human debris and are probably not considered normal humans. Slavery was a thriving industry for thousands and thousands of years throughout most of the world and slaves were not considered humans worth rights so maybe that is the same for human debris.

4. Iok is trying to show his complete superiority over Turbines by destroying them outright. He has complete loyalty from his men so he has no fear about using the banned weapons to destroy Turbines.

5.Iok is an idiot but he has complete and utter loyalty from his men who are all soldiers of his house. They follow him and believe in him. Much like Garma Zabi, who Iok is a homage to, was an idiot but had complete and utter loyalty from his men and almost all of the principality of Zeon. He was loved by the people and was an icon for them to fight around just like Iok. They trust in Iok's orders and if he says their enemy is to be exterminated then they are not to question but to follow his orders.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:23 am Reply with quote
wow i think i hate iok more than i ever hated Azarel from gundam seed and that warmonger guy from 00. The one who spoiler[killed lockon/neil].

Iok is very aggravating at this moment and if that was the writers job then they outdid themselves.

On a side note akihiros confusion as to why Lafter wanted to strangle him was a gem in this otherwise bleak episode as was Mikas expression as atra was crying in his arms(seriously he looked as if he was thinking "...wonder what's for dinner?")
Also Hush is still carrying Mika around like he's a sack of potatoes, seriously Kudelia get him a wheelchair or something surely he has the money for it
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 30 of 47