• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Masashi Kishimoto at New York Comic-con

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:37 pm Reply with quote
He claimed in 1 interview that NaruHina was planned from the start now he said it was during the middle. Honestly, I think he is just saying stuff to deal with the damage/controversy he's caused with the shipping.
Mikael Z. Haswell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
He claimed in 1 interview that NaruHina was planned from the start now he said it was during the middle. Honestly, I think he is just saying stuff to deal with the damage/controversy he's caused with the shipping.

He said early stages of shippiden not early in the story. Shippiden is technically the Middle of the story. He is not damage controlling anything he said he did not know he caused any controversy in the fandom right on this interview
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I think he knew. He even said, according to one fan translation, that he did all the NaruSaku moments just to troll fans.
Lelouch Vi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:27 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Mikael Z. Haswell"]

When did he say it? He also said he wanted to do more with Lee but couldn't due to time constraints. I'd believe that if it wasn't for the side novels. Kakashi got one he didn't need and i think another character got one they didn't need either
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:40 pm Reply with quote
He also said in an '08 interview that he wanted to focus on Kakashi that same year or the following year.
tintor2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Are people still arguing about this? Just get over it or at least provide a source for everything Kishimoto says.

Seriously, guys chill down Cool
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Mikael Z. Haswell wrote:

The only reason I'm passionate about this issue is the fact that people can't leave the man alone over a pairing in an action manga. And by your logic any side character should never end up with the hero. Which is a bunch of bull crap because Genny and Harry got together and they barely interacted at all in the series, Goku and Chi Chi got together and she became almost none existent after the original DB manga. And if the confession during the Pain arch was not enough to seal the deal I think you must have been reading the wrong manga. Kishimoto also stated Naruto is clueless about romantic love or he would have known how Hinata felt way earlier. Of course SP has Hinata bias but if you read this interview there were plenty on the staff that wanted him to end up with Sakura. But none of that matters because he has said repeatedly it was his choice. And early stages of shippiden is plenty of time to decide on a pair, the reason why he did not develop it more is because he said he is embarrassed writing romance and not to mention it's a action manga. My gosh just leave the man alone and accept it was his choice and I could care less what you ship. I would have said the same thing had NaruSaku been canon.

So because it's an action manga that means there is an excuse not to develop the female character of a pairing at all and just throw them with the main character on a whim? Yeah no. The examples you've brought up are just as bad. It is up to the writer to give the characters enough chemistry and make their relationship feel earned. Hinata ending up with Naruto was not. You brought up Hinatas confession during the Pain. OH WAIT! Isn't that the confession that Naruto IGNORED for the rest of the series? Yeah........that counts for something right? Rolling Eyes

Naruto responded to Sakura's confession didn't he? Even if she was lying at the time he still responded. So why didn't he do the same for Hinata? Please stop hiding behind the "it's an action series" excuse. SAO was action packed and still developed the main pairing just fine (this is coming from someone who generally dislikes SAO). Saying he was embarrassed doesn't make up for that. You need to understand just because someone something that doesn't exactly mean it's true. I'm basing my opinion on the evidence presented in the series.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:36 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Honestly I'm not quite sure I believe him deciding on choosing Hinata to be with Naruto in the middle of the story. She largely got shoved to the side after the Pain arc (even then she wasn't that important) and it was only because of the death of Neji that we saw the two fighting side by side. I feel like if he intended to have Naruto end up with her she should have been included much more than she was. Kind of feel like the animators showing bias towards her might have swayed his opinion personally.

i'm more surprised that his wife was poed that he didn't allow him and sakura together. unfortunately that would have peeved more fans cause it would just be another 4th hokage/kushina clone couple. not to mentioned that it would definitely have that "harry potter type of an ending that fans definitely dont want."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mikael Z. Haswell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:41 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Mikael Z. Haswell wrote:

The only reason I'm passionate about this issue is the fact that people can't leave the man alone over a pairing in an action manga. And by your logic any side character should never end up with the hero. Which is a bunch of bull crap because Genny and Harry got together and they barely interacted at all in the series, Goku and Chi Chi got together and she became almost none existent after the original DB manga. And if the confession during the Pain arch was not enough to seal the deal I think you must have been reading the wrong manga. Kishimoto also stated Naruto is clueless about romantic love or he would have known how Hinata felt way earlier. Of course SP has Hinata bias but if you read this interview there were plenty on the staff that wanted him to end up with Sakura. But none of that matters because he has said repeatedly it was his choice. And early stages of shippiden is plenty of time to decide on a pair, the reason why he did not develop it more is because he said he is embarrassed writing romance and not to mention it's a action manga. My gosh just leave the man alone and accept it was his choice and I could care less what you ship. I would have said the same thing had NaruSaku been canon.

So because it's an action manga that means there is an excuse not to develop the female character of a pairing at all and just throw them with the main character on a whim? Yeah no. The examples you've brought up are just as bad. It is up to the writer to give the characters enough chemistry and make their relationship feel earned. Hinata ending up with Naruto was not. You brought up Hinatas confession during the Pain. OH WAIT! Isn't that the confession that Naruto IGNORED for the rest of the series? Yeah........that counts for something right? Rolling Eyes

Naruto responded to Sakura's confession didn't he? Even if she was lying at the time he still responded. So why didn't he do the same for Hinata? Please stop hiding behind the "it's an action series" excuse. SAO was action packed and still developed the main pairing just fine (this is coming from someone who generally dislikes SAO). Saying he was embarrassed doesn't make up for that. You need to understand just because someone something that doesn't exactly mean it's true. I'm basing my opinion on the evidence presented in the series.

Wow are you seriously using SAO? I mean really? That was not an action that was a shojo. The relationship came first before the action maybe you should check Out sailor moon. I can no longer take you seriously your just another butthurt NaruSaku fan and if you think the examples I sites were just as bad then why didn't the fans get all crazy for it? They did not care about the pairs that's why. You obviously only care because your pair did not happen. And to the comment above it would not have been a Minato/Kushina relationship it would have been a Kushina/Kushina relationship. Every time someone brought up Kushina even herself they said Naruto was more like her.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:09 pm Reply with quote
How about everyone just calm down and turn the net rage meters down a few notches ok? Thanks.
Mikael Z. Haswell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
How about everyone just calm down and turn the net rage meters down a few notches ok? Thanks.

It's not so much rage as it is shock. The man literally said it was his choice on a number of occasions and people think he is lying which he has no reason to. But I guess you could say I am a little mad that the man thanked his very ungrateful fans
braves

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:
WAIT IS THAT AN ALTERNATE ART COVER FOR VOLUME 72!?!?!?
It's an alternate cover by Kishimoto that you could only get at NYCC, I believe. Even if you were at NYCC, it was hard to get. The Viz booth was sorely understaffed, so they kept telling people to go away and then come back later (and then you'd come back later and see that the situation hadn't changed one bit from when you'd first left*).

*Only attended Thursday.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Mikael Z. Haswell wrote:

Wow are you seriously using SAO? I mean really? That was not an action that was a shojo.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to stop you right there, do you even understand what genres and demographics are? SAO is a male action power-fantasy harem. It's the textbook definition of Shonen as targeted towards a male audience. Just because it features a prominent romance doesn't mean it's a shojo. Get your facts straight before getting up in arms about genres and demographics.
Mikael Z. Haswell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:40 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Mikael Z. Haswell wrote:

Wow are you seriously using SAO? I mean really? That was not an action that was a shojo.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to stop you right there, do you even understand what genres and demographics are? SAO is a male action power-fantasy harem. It's the textbook definition of Shonen as targeted towards a male audience. Just because it features a prominent romance doesn't mean it's a shojo. Get your facts straight before getting up in arms about genres and demographics.

Someone should tell the author or studio that because other then some semi-decent fight scenes which disappeared after season 1, it reminded me of Sailor Moon to a letter. Hell it was just a crappy rip off of Log Horizen. But you know what? I'm not even gonna argue with someone trying to justify their argument with a disaster that is SAO. I should not have even commented, I thought maybe people on here were a little more sane then tumblr but I guess not. And I take back my previous statement as most of the ungrateful hard core NS shippers on in the minority. Good bye
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:34 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
I feel like if he intended to have Naruto end up with her she should have been included much more than she was. Kind of feel like the animators showing bias towards her might have swayed his opinion personally.

I believe there was an interview where he mentioned something about how Hinata should've been the heroine in the story over Sakura so I don't think the animators had anything to do with swaying his opinion.

Kadmos1 wrote:
Oh, I think he knew. He even said, according to one fan translation, that he did all the NaruSaku moments just to troll fans.

"Fan Translation" looks mighty suspect.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3