• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can You Survive? Anime Marathon Challenge: Nov. 6th thru Nov. 15th

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Ugh. I'm so far behind!

Gave up on Haruhi Suzumiya after episode 6. Couldn't get into the characters and I didn't like the main duo at all. Already posted.

Here's what I've "accomplished" so far:
Rewatched Full Metal Panic! Seasons 1 & 2 (Monday-Tuesday)
Started on Martian Successor Nadesico today.
Plan on tackling Moribito on Thursday.
Work on Rage of Bahamut and Welcome to N.H.K on Friday.

Busy on Saturday and not sure about Sunday.
I'll post everything else on Saturday hopefully around 11pm EST.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:19 am Reply with quote
Well I can't officially participate in this since I don't have any of the eligable shows in my backlog (in fact I've already seen most of them) but I do have a pile of blu rays I haven't watched yet so I'm working through those. As is often the case, I finish off a set in one sitting.

Saturday: Black Bullet (13 episodes)
Monday: Brynhildr in the Darkness (13 episodes + OVA)
Tuesday: Selector Infector WIXOSS (12 episodes)
Wednesday: Hyper Dimension Neptunia (12 episodes + OVA)

Still in my pile is Knights of Sidonia, World God Only Knows Goddess arc, Cowboy Bebop, Kokoro Connect, and Tales of the Abyss.

These are all shows I've seen already (sans Neptunia and WGoK), but watching them dubbed on the big screen is an entirely different experience.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:04 am Reply with quote
Sat through 10 episodes of Haibane Renmei today. I'll finish the remaining three tomorrow and either start Utena or power through Katanagatari. I won't be able to watch anything over the weekend, so that'll be the end of me in this competition Embarassed
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:09 am Reply with quote
I finished Scrapped Princess today, and I'm honestly not sure what to start next. A lot of the shows were on my to-watch list (Simoun, Habene Renme, Boogiepop Phantom, From the New World, Space Brothers...man, I want to watch a lot of stuff!) I don't have a whole lot of time left, though. I'm thinking of just watching Full Metal Panic, even though I alredy saw most of it, because all the recent reviews whet my appetite. Any recs?
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:29 am Reply with quote
Last night when I got home from work I watched episodes 5 & 6 of Arakawa Under the Bridge. On Wednesday I got through episodes 1-21 of Martian Successor Nadesico and I'm probably going to finish it before bed.

EDIT: I just finished the rest of Martian Successor Nadesico.

Watched so far:
Fate/Zero 25 episodes
Black Lagoon 24 episodes
Arakawa Under the Bridge 6 episodes
Martian Successor Nadesico 26 episodes
Saffire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:57 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
I finished Scrapped Princess today, and I'm honestly not sure what to start next. A lot of the shows were on my to-watch list (Simoun, Habene Renme, Boogiepop Phantom, From the New World, Space Brothers...man, I want to watch a lot of stuff!) I don't have a whole lot of time left, though. I'm thinking of just watching Full Metal Panic, even though I alredy saw most of it, because all the recent reviews whet my appetite. Any recs?
I liked both Haibane and From The New World a lot, but FMP is pretty good too.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Well despite my lack of posting I have been working on my viewing. Didn't get much done last night as I worked the night shift and then was right back in this morning. I did manage to finish Black Lagoon and Bubble Gum Crisis. I also got halfway through Nadesico. Another classic I haven't seen in years. BGC got me in the mood for some more science fiction so I pushed back Ghost Hunt for now.

As of now my running totals are:

Black Lagoon 24 episodes + OVA (I know the OVA does not count but if you watched the series you HAVE to see the OVA. Roberta in full on crazy psycho bitch mode is awesome.)
Bubble Gum Crisis - 8 episodes
High School of the Dead - 12 episodes
Martian Successor Nadesico - 14 episodes
Imperialkat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:43 pm Reply with quote
It got pretty quiet around here, didn't it? Finished Sword Art Online (25 ep.). It was pretty good - silly in spots but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Going straight into SAO II.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:12 pm Reply with quote
I've been watching stuff, and posting my comments, but I haven't been posting new comments here, just updating my post on page 1.

I'm finishing .hack//SIGN tonight (including the OAV), but I'm not sure if I'll start anything else. I've got current stuff to catch up on, a baby shower tomorrow, and a con meeting on Sunday, so I wouldn't have time to finish anything I started anyway.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:24 pm Reply with quote
I powered through 19 episodes of Utena, I'll write about it later. Since, as I mentioned before, weekends are impossible for me, I think that's as far as I'll get on this. Unless some extraordinary circumstances give me access to the TV, my final accomplishment will be:

Yuki Yuna is a Hero: 12 episodes
Habane Renmei: 13 episodes
Revolutionary Girl Utena: 19 episodes

I'd hoped I'd be able to finish Utena, but a series of unfortunate events made me lose a lot of time *sigh*
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:01 am Reply with quote
Well, decided to check out Yuki Yuna a shot, and it's not too bad. I should be able to clear the other 10 episodes before we finish.
_Emi_

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:45 am Reply with quote
Finally got through .hack//SIGN.

I might be able to get a 12 episode show in before the end. I'll probably go with Yuki Yuna is A Hero.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:06 pm Reply with quote
I watched episodes 6-9 of Arakawa Under the Bridge after work last night and will probably finish season 1 before he end. I feel like watching something else today but haven't decided what yet.
Saffire

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:23 pm Reply with quote
I've been updating my post on the first page with what I'm watching and general impressions as well. Currently entering the OVA part of Wolf's Rain.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I finished eight episodes of Katanagatari (first box and two episodes of the second). At that point I found myself having trouble caring. I've put it aside.

Since the fourth season of Hidamari Sketch is now out (I got it today) I decided to start the whole thing from the beginning. It is every bit as enjoyable as the first time around.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6