• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - A Certain Motorcycling Duelist

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drunk_Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Xagor wrote:
Gasero wrote:
I still don't understand why the Yugioh manga are popular. I enjoy the anime because of the action and animation added to the monsters. Reading the cards and only seeing pictures of the monsters sounds so boring. I would rather play the game at that point, especially since the duels in the series are dramatized. They will always get the right card at the right moment.

Well one of the reason the manga still sells well in the West is the free card that comes with it. I know plenty of people who just buy it for that.

Wouldn't it be better to just buy a card pack?
Xagor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Drunk_Samurai wrote:
Xagor wrote:
Gasero wrote:
I still don't understand why the Yugioh manga are popular. I enjoy the anime because of the action and animation added to the monsters. Reading the cards and only seeing pictures of the monsters sounds so boring. I would rather play the game at that point, especially since the duels in the series are dramatized. They will always get the right card at the right moment.

Well one of the reason the manga still sells well in the West is the free card that comes with it. I know plenty of people who just buy it for that.

Wouldn't it be better to just buy a card pack?

Not when the card is only available with the Manga, which is how all Manga promos work.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:23 am Reply with quote
Dark Elf Warrior wrote:
I read the first volume of Temeraire, and it wasn't that impressive. I probably wouldn't care for Novik's superhero graphic novel.

You probably hate either dragons or Napoleon. <X3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2