• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Answerman - Why Are Adapted Dubs Still Being Made?

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:31 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
I happen to enjoy the Pokemon dub.

so did I at one time and it was one of the only series (except for changing some of the characters original names & completely skipping some episodes for really stupid reasons) that 4kids did right when they had the license.

though there is a reason why people, including kids that the series are aiming towards are dropping the americanized TV version for the unedited fansub version online

Or if their really REALLY hardcore pokemanicas, get the imported DVD versions that have english subs.(but they are rarely watched & even rarely seen outside the Asia region cause they are translated by the GOD AWFUL Animax Asia and most importantly , their completely region locked and some video sites like youtube have locked those outside region eps.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 13 of 13