• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AOKANA: Four Rhythm Across the Blue (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:39 am Reply with quote
Maybe the girl should close her curtains if she does not want everyone to see her when she is changing?
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:36 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Maybe the girl should close her curtains if she does not want everyone to see her when she is changing?

She's a total idiot. I am beginning to loathe her existence. She is unrealistically stupid...for the sake of a running fanservice gag. Twice? TWICE THIS HAPPENS!? NOBODY is that stupid.

Though Masaya thinking ahead and trying to avoid it did make me laugh a little. I'm glad he had more screentime. I'm starting to like him a lot. But I better get some AsukaxMasaya moments SOON.

Oh! The ending is really nice too! I'm disappointed KOTOKO isn't doing the singing....but at least she's somewhat involved. I've missed her a lot.

Nice Asuka avie, Vaisaga. :]
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:18 pm Reply with quote
So Asuka got better...and Shindou is a powerhouse. Somehow, Rina became relevant now rather than being caught in the nude accidentally by MC for the past two episodes. Hmm...I feel like this episode went pretty fast.

Are we going to get some background storytelling in this series or is it a purely competitive show about flying and scoring?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Are we going to get some background storytelling in this series or is it a purely competitive show about flying and scoring?

I'm sure we'll discover the reason Masaya gave up the sport at some point.

Anyways, it kind of feels like we're missing an episode. Some stuff apparently went down when the camp started we didn't get to see, most importantly is probably the first official meeting with window girl.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:15 pm Reply with quote
One of the things that I really appreciated is the fact that they were using maneuvers that are actually used in real-life air-to-air combat.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:33 pm Reply with quote
I guess window girl won't have much importance (yet) with how this episode went. A bit disappointing since I thought she was potentially a third heroine. Anyway, the episode really flew by fast, I thought they would focus on some romance but I guess the whole drive behind the show so far is the competitive aspect of the Grav-shoe sport and not really any romance.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:52 pm Reply with quote
There better be some freaking romance soon or I'm gonna choke someone.

..............that said, I was still invested when they played the game. It's captivating when they fly around like that.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
There better be some freaking romance soon or I'm gonna choke someone.

We're still on the common route. We'll hit a route branch soon enough.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4:

So we have the Rika/Mashiro alliance now.

Asuka's still gullible as ever. I wonder who that girl is at the end though. My bet that she is some sort of prodigy at Flying Circus based on her speed when she helped Asuka at the end there.

Finally the Flying Circus tournament about to begin.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see the younger girls bonding.

And Asuka still has the best reactions.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Mashiro is the cute loli so an episode all about her was fine with me.
I thought it was easy to feel sorry for her; speaking as the small, weak person who also lagged behind everyone in school when it came to sports or.....any other physical activity. lulz

Is Mashiro's mother talking with a Kansai accent? How come Mashiro doesn't? lol (also it's funny how they look exactly alike lol animu parents)

Asuka reacted better than I would have if I found out I was spoiler[eating one of my favorite animals this whole time. D: Flying fish-san, nuuuuuu]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

I thought that this was a pretty good episode, especially for giving character to Mashiro who had up to now had only been defined by how much she looks up to her senpai. To be honest I could not even tell who she was at the beginning of the episode because she was not with her senpai and thus different from normal. It created a good underdog story that finished with her deciding to take a role different from her senpai as more about herself.

I imagine that finding out that you unwittingly ate your favourite animal could be a bit hard for some. Well maybe it would be more so if you were into dolphins, cats, or dogs?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:20 pm Reply with quote
If they taste good then everything is allllllllriiiiiight~
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:52 pm Reply with quote
NO NO NO NONO

Everything is not all right. lol

If it happened to me, I'd be sick immediately and emotionally scarred for several weeks, I'm pretty sure.

Which is why I don't take food from people I don't trust or eat at exotic restaurants.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:50 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
NO NO NO NONO

Everything is not all right. lol

If it happened to me, I'd be sick immediately and emotionally scarred for several weeks, I'm pretty sure.

Which is why I don't take food from people I don't trust or eat at exotic restaurants.

Kind of reminded me of how I once saw a sign where a store was selling rabbits, an unassuming sign except that it was not a pet store but actually a butchers. Or the stories I have heard of Chinese stores selling puppies and awkward moment buying one, which I hope are just exaggerated.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5