• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AOKANA: Four Rhythm Across the Blue (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:23 am Reply with quote
I suppose I just don't have a favourite animal that might potentially wind up on my plate someday.

Besides, we're talking about a fish here. Fish are meant to be eaten.

Anyways, I think it bears mentioning that a lot of Asuka's charm is thanks to her being voiced by Misato Fukuen. She's always great to hear and it's a shame she's a mainstream actress so she probably didn't voice the original game... *Learns she did under an alias* Uh... Be right back, I need to mow the... dog...
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Indeed, fish ARE meant to be eaten. Fish are tasty. Anime hyper

Yeah, Asuka's voice is adorable. :3
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:39 pm Reply with quote

I have been eating quite a lot of fish recently for a new years resolution, grabbing whatever is fresh and reasonably priced at the supermarket deli. I accidentally became a proper adult that gets proper ingredients and cooks it.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:02 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

I have been eating quite a lot of fish recently for a new years resolution, grabbing whatever is fresh and reasonably priced at the supermarket deli. I accidentally became a proper adult that gets proper ingredients and cooks it.

I snorted out loud. Anime hyper

Good for you, Dusk!!

I am too lazy to cook so I just eat the frozen fish from a box. :'D
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:25 pm Reply with quote
I usually just toss it into the oven for a bit and voila. More of a wait than any effort involved.

In general I can't cook but I know how to follow directions.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5:

Whoa, a lot of action this episode.
Some predictable outcomes like Saki's speed (she already showed hints that she's very fast but I'm more curious about those Avalon shoes) I'm really curious to see who can actually match her speed. Maybe her coach/adviser?

Misaki did well as expected although her next opponent is going to be a lot tougher.

Glad to see Asuka and Mashiro improve as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:44 am Reply with quote
Always good to have a sports series where characters care more about having fun than winning and are gracious losers.

With all these secondary female characters Aokana is in desperate need of a fan disc since the only girls to have routes in the original are Asuka, Misaki, Mashiro, and Rika.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Uh oh, Misaki is getting mad jelly now!
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Best episode so far imo.

Shinou's a real powerhouse. Too bad that Misaki and Asuka lost. BUT, Asuka put up a much better fight than I had expected.

I'm guessing Misaki feels either jealous, weak that she couldn't do what Asuka did, or something else. Maybe we'll even get flashbacks between her and Shindou next time. Saki is fighting next...and yeah, I'm just going to guess that Shindou is going to lose.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:17 pm Reply with quote
There's been hints of Misaki's jealousy for awhile now. It's understandable: she has experience with FC but here comes some new girl out of nowhere who had never even flown before. Suddenly she's getting really talented, and recieving all the attention and praise and stealing Masaya so of course Misaki can't help but be a bit upset. This episode was the biggest slap in the face to her since Shindou apparently doesn't think much of her, yet Asuka is worth going all out against. That'd russle my jimmies too.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:39 am Reply with quote
Yeah, it is pretty clear that despite how aloof she can come across, Misaki is a pretty prideful person. She lost against Shindou, but probably had the thought that it was okay since he changed strategies to face her and had him on the ropes for a bit, and her experience is not up to his amount, so she did well. But then Asuka, who has much less experience then her, has Shindou straight away use a true strength showing that he was going easy on her, and she actually puts him on the ropes for a bit. The same girl she found herself having to look after because she was not looking after herself.

The next episode title sounds a little ominous. In general this episode was pretty good for setting up drama.
maxwell3094

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
With all these secondary female characters Aokana is in desperate need of a fan disc since the only girls to have routes in the original are Asuka, Misaki, Mashiro, and Rika.

More than that it is in desperate need of an English release/fan patch. So far this adaptation has done a good job of making me interested in playing the VN and I was already looking forward to it in the first place.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:05 pm Reply with quote
I was expecting Asuka to collapse and was pretty amazed that she didn't.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:20 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
I was expecting Asuka to collapse and was pretty amazed that she didn't.

That was part of the reason why Asuka does so well is that she has all her friends watching out for her.

Asuka is a "natural" for the Flying Circus, but just as well without help she would still be floundering barely able to get off the ground.

Misaki is clearly conflicted on how she should feel, she wants to feel happy her friend has made such strides but at the same time she finds herself noticeably behind a comrade who not too long ago could barely use her own anti gravity shoes.
It doesn't help that without Misaki's intervention Asuka might have fainted from over exertion, or at the very least be physically fatigued, before the match with Shindo.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Yup, as expected, Saki is a powerhouse. Her "upset win" didn't entirely surprise me even though Shindou was seen as a favorite to win. There was just something mysterious about her and I had feeling she was hiding her true potential until this episode (maybe she even has more as I don't even think she was completely serious). I hope we get some characterization about her soon as we don't know much about this girl.

Poor Misaki. Kinda understandable about her resignation from the club given the circumstances. I hope she reconsiders...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5