• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Haruchika – Haruta & Chika (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:36 pm Reply with quote

HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru (TV)

Genres: Mystery
Themes: Music

Plot Summary: Haruta and Chika are members of their high school wind instrument club that is on the verge of being shut down. The two are childhood friends, and they spend their days practicing hard while also trying to recruit new members. When a certain incident happens within their school, they work together to solve it.
----------------------------------

From what I’ve heard, this has music and mystery elements to it so that already piques some interest. It’s also by studio P.A. Works and they have some wonderful visuals based on their history of works. The PV also looks quite good so I have good expectations for this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1:

That was...alright. I kinda like the background artwork but not used to the character designs just yet. It has the classic feel of P.A. Works and in general, the episode retained a slice of life structure that people were used to.

Chika is a cute girl so far. I like her personality and we see some of her past with Haruta. (maybe we'll learn more about them later on). As for the episode, I think it introduced the concepts so far well but hopefully improve with the story development. Ofc, it's just the first episode so that's a bit of an early judgement for now. The music stuff was actually kinda refreshing. I heard there will be mystery too so looking forward to that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
meiam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Ooooo right after sound euphonium, I'd have delayed that by another season or two at least to avoid comparison.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Well that end is a twist compared to the usual childhood friend love triangles Razz
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone noticed Chika's (that's the girl right?) eyes? Pink, yellow, black, white and red. The others have similar rings but not so colorful.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering why the promotional materials never mentioned who the third point of the love triangle was but I wasn't expecting this. It's certainly a unique take on such a situation and it'll be interesting to see how it plays out (even if they'll inevitably hook up with each other anyways).
smokeJaguar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:53 pm Reply with quote
This show takes the prize for worst eye design ever
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:13 pm Reply with quote
episode one

I have to wonder if Haruta's somewhat insufferable nature is a belated revenge for a childhood of everyday traumas brought upon him by Chika. If it weren't the flash-forward at the beginning, I could even hope for murder. Alas, I don't think it will turn out that Chika's weird eyes mean that she is the spawn of Satan and must be destroyed.

Probably for the better anyway, since Chika's easily the best part of the show so far. Though, the two sisters seem like they might be amusing if given the proper screen time/development.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:01 am Reply with quote
I was a bit disappointed in the "mystery" in this first episode and the business with the teacher spoiler[having given up a career as a conductor for some unknown reason] could end up just being cliché, but the romantic triangle is certainly odd so I'll probably give this one some time to see if I want to keep watching. The fact that the show is set up as a flashback makes it rather predictable.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:02 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

I guess that I like Chika, that undercurrent of a tomboy past that she is trying to put past her with appearing more feminine, and it running counter to her childhood friend, Haruta. More than anything I am actually really happy with the strong implication that won't have a romantic relationship between the leads, and that these two characters can have a platonic relationship. And again that we are simply getting it stated that Haruta is actually gay, that is kind of cool as we really don't get enough just normal depictions of homosexuality. For some reason I was not that surprised at the reveal.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:15 pm Reply with quote
From volleyball to brass band club.
That sure was a change!
So pretty much standard high school life with some music.
Looks like this is starting to be a theme this winter... high school club life.
Skipping it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

Hmm...so this episode is about Miyo, the glasses girl. No wonder she seems depressed at times although I think she has an interesting room - the puzzles, paintings, etc.

Haruta displays his intellect with his knowledge about Dudeney and puzzles. However, I'm not really feeling the mystery thrill of the show yet. The whole Rubix cube that Miyo challenged Haruta to solve is strange with the coloring. Was never a big rubix cube solver myself lol.

Haruta's thinking and deducting the purpose of the puzzle with the paint was pretty clear. I didn't find the puzzle to be complex or that thrilling though. Miyo's expression about her brother dying isn't surprising along with her response. I think she is going to get over it though after realizing the truth.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:31 am Reply with quote
Episode 3 Episode 2

That was an interesting story, the mystery was in solving the puzzle. Sniffing is the first step to solve everything. Got a bit emotional.

Also, those two really go at each other with small comments.

Last edited by DuskyPredator on Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:03 am Reply with quote
3?

Episode 2:
That was ok. I'm glad they went through the explanation of the conveniently falling off pieces, because that was bugging me.
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

Damn, Haruta can be so blunt! I'm honestly surprised that Miyo didn't spoiler[slap him sooner]. It was a good episode though. I'm looking forward to more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3