• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Muv-Luv: Schwarzesmarken (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:02 pm Reply with quote
The BETA are enough of a reason to hate to be in this universe!
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:28 pm Reply with quote
With the huge loss of the male population and the bountiful pretty girls around, surely it's worth it to be in the Alt/Unlimited-verse! Right?! Laughing
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:33 pm Reply with quote
It sucks that Vivi died. D: And Kurt. These men and their last cigarettes. lol

Oh, I can't wait to see how Theo is going to react to Lise just showing up out of nowhere.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Katia might be the overly optimistic type but it's good to see she has the sense to realise what the West is up to and to be rightly suspicious of Lise.

They think Lise might be after Theodor, but she seems to be particular about Katia instead. But just when it looks like she'll leave Katia to die she does help out so what her deal is is still a mystery.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

I was worried that Theodor might neglect Katia a bit, but he actually went to tell her that he hasn't forgotten about her. Thanks for that show. I'm starting to like Theodor now.

I'm kind of surprised that the Laser class hasn't caused that many issues yet. In Total Eclipse I remember it always being like: "Laser class has been sighted! Get the **** out of there!".
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Maybe that's because the main team's primary duty is taking out laser class. It's their job and they're damn good at it.

In Total Eclipse the "OMG Lasers!" reactions happened when there were supposedly no lasers in the area.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:12 pm Reply with quote
What I'm curious is why Lise is interested in Katia?

Kinda suspicious that she'd just return so I'm curious to see more flashbacks with aftermath of what Statis did to her. Not bad for action this week. I think the music improved tbh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:18 pm Reply with quote
I mean it has been a couple years since I saw Total Eclipse and I'm not good at remembering details, but I remember that they were always very careful when dealing with the laser class. They were always specifically on the lookout for the laser class and when laser class was sighted everyone started freaking out. Here it's like: "Laser class sighted? Pfft, destroy them.".

Vaisaga wrote:
Maybe that's because the main team's primary duty is taking out laser class. It's their job and they're damn good at it.

Really? Have I been dozing off again? I didn't even know that.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:28 pm Reply with quote
They're always going on "laserjagd." I'm no expect on German but I can guess what that means.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:12 pm Reply with quote
"Laserjagd" sounds familiar..but I can't exactly remember them ever saying something like that. Maybe I just suck at paying attention.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:21 pm Reply with quote
You said it, not me Razz
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure if it was the pacing or something else, but Lise's reaction to seeing Theodor felt not genuine because it happened so fast. Though, I can agree with the rest of the squad that the transfer feels a bit fishy and her potentially being a spy. It hurts to know that Theodor and Lise might be potential enemies but that's the reality of their situation. I do like how Katia and Theodor both accept this as a possibility.

My only complaint about the episode is the Comrade Lieutenant's decisions; she's quite rash and isn't considerate of her allies' opinions. It makes me dislike her a bit. In addition, her rambling about glory for their country doesn't even seem like a good enough reason to run in and be barraged by missiles with the Destroyer-classes. I'm glad that Irisdina took over the command before potential fatalities occurred.

@Cam0

In the first episode, their operation was to take out the laser classes and I think they called it Operation Laserjagd. In addition, in the previous episodes, there was a lot of snow so I guess that contributed to damage the laser class could cause. I'm not quite sure how much snow would affect their vision but I assume their peripheral vision would function a bit like the human eye (just without the limitations).
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:00 pm Reply with quote
BETA actually don't rely on sight (that's why in TE you have bright yellow TSFs because camouflage is useless) so a snow storm wouldn't bother them. There is specific anti-laser smoke that they launch, though.

Lasers are only a danger when flying above a certain height, which is why we see them train to fly along the ground. Laser class are very easy to kill so operations tend to focus on getting rid of them first so they can bring in air support.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Ahh, I see, been a while (since the TE VN release I think) that I last followed the Muv Luv series. I actually don't remember much about the franchise besides basic plot points of the Extra/Alt/Unlimited VNs. I do remember that there are two different classes of laser classes* -- one is larger and has a longer range but recharges slower than the typical one.

Slight Total Eclipse VN spoiler: spoiler[Well, three if you count the Laser-Fort class.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:27 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
I do remember that there are two different classes of laser classes* -- one is larger and has a longer range but recharges slower than the typical one.

Lasers and Heavy Lasers. Not sure if Heavy Lasers exist at this point, though. The thing with the BETA is that they're constantly evolving and adapting. When they first appeared there was no Laser Class and humanity easily fought them off with their air superiority. The introduction of the Lasers changed the whole course of the war, which is why they have a great deal of infamy.

Though in terms of deadliness, it's the Tank Class (the red ones) that are the most numerous and responsible for the most deaths.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10